( search forums )
Soldat crashes!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Stallone
October 20, 2003, 6:43 am
I have been playing Soldat for almost a year and I noticed that the game hangs/crashes unexpectedly sometimes.(The screen is stuck but i can still hear the sounds for 30 sec and then a noice that stays at the same tone.) Please help me! My com is P3 450, 256sd ram, 30 Gig Hd, 32 Md Geforce 2mx video card, win2k. I would be glad if anyone can help me. Thanks.

Sharpshooter
October 20, 2003, 8:27 am
Its probably because your computer can't handle it at times. I know that the bare minimum to play soldat is like a 166mhz machine but thats playing with a couple of other people. If your playing with like 15+ other people with all the explosions and bullets (bullet trails for those of you that have it configured that way) and player movements gets heavy on the machine. For most machines 700+ mhz its not that much. But 450 + 15 or more people = computer lag.

palloco
October 20, 2003, 8:40 am
Does it only happens with Soldat? I would bet it happens the same with other games like 1942. Do you have to reset your comp? If so is probably that a component is overheated. If not is a windows conf problem.
BTW, my 400 MHZ machine never crashed with Soldat no matter how many soldiers were there

Deathblow
October 21, 2003, 12:01 am
It only happens with Soldat. And I have to turn off the com manually. Can you tell me your configs? Thanks.

palloco
October 21, 2003, 2:45 pm
Hmm, you do not have to create a new account to post :).
Are you running other things? Control alt supr and quit all applications that are not soldat, look in procceses if there is anything consuming more than 0 CPU or too many mem

CardBoardWarrior
October 21, 2003, 9:22 pm
control + alt + supr? wtf??

NightCabbage
October 23, 2003, 1:44 am
hehe :)

So what is supr?!

Winkie
October 24, 2003, 9:40 pm
actually it sounds like the access violation bug, as the msgbox pops up BEHIND the soldat window

press enter a few times, does it jerk around?

palloco
October 25, 2003, 9:24 am
You may check in the webpage of your motherboard and graphic card manufacturers. Those are usually the main problems. But I would say it is the win2k the one making the problems since you said it only happens with Soldat. Win2k is not designed for games, therefore it does not use properly multimedia instructions.

Stallone
October 28, 2003, 7:26 am
You had that problem before? Is the problem solved? How so?
I think it's the nvidia geforce 2 mx200 problem and my card doesn't have a fan.
I am just like you only play soldat for hours and hours but it crashes and crashes at the same time. Sigh! I hope I can play this game without any crashes.

Stallone
November 10, 2003, 7:58 am
Problem solved by downloading a new driver.

NightCabbage
November 11, 2003, 12:22 am
yay!

didn't we tell u to do that ages ago?

lol!