( search forums )
w00t wat a great idea!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CardBoardWarrior
October 22, 2003, 1:43 am
I'll make it short and to the point: destroyable maps.

[EDIT]

boo yea! ima captain now! :)

?
October 22, 2003, 2:32 am
didn't someone already suggest that, welcome to the rank of captain

NightCabbage
October 22, 2003, 4:07 am
yeah, it's been suggested hundreds of times :P

I've given lengthy detailed reasons why its not going to happen, but you'll have to search for them :)

lol ^_^

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 22, 2003, 5:34 am
Buahahahaha good one ehehehe gj NC yep they have so much arguments and crap about this it's just tiring really :p

Duke33
October 22, 2003, 5:37 am
No point anymore really. It might be cool, but as NC said, search. It wouldnt work. There was a big discussion on it a while ago. So, no.

But another product of that discussion was the idea of scorch marks and so on. Might work...anyway.

morpheus
October 22, 2003, 5:53 am
for it to work, wouldn't parts of the map's floors and walls have to be made tiny polygon by tiny polygon? who's willing to put that much effort into a map?

NuZZ
October 22, 2003, 7:45 am
Maybe when you compile, the polygon that r set as DESTROYABLE will automaticly be divided into hundreds apon hundreds of polies, for what morpheus is going on about.. :)

Aquarius
October 22, 2003, 8:25 am
I think Soldat with very very tiny polygons would run to slow on some computers.

However, I would like to see some scenery moveable by explosions (rocks, sandbags etc.) - but this could cause lags...

LumpyFerret
October 22, 2003, 8:37 am
and...if you destroyed the map...you would just fall down and die because there would be no floor.

frogboy
October 22, 2003, 9:59 am
For some reason, I never die when I go off the map. I just instantly respawn- with the same weapons and everything.

b00stA
October 22, 2003, 12:50 pm
Frogboy: That's intended.

doffencom
October 22, 2003, 8:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by LumpyFerret
and...if you destroyed the map...you would just fall down and die because there would be no floor.

WELL DUH, maps could have both smashable parts and not smashable parts, I would just like my polygon tank or bunker to be smashamble, and meaby have this fanzy respawn timer. Course people can make maps that can be smashed away completly and they would smash a hole under their flag stand becouse some idiot made the map enterly smashable, but hey, I can make brutal death polygons over my entire map, so why not?

Droopy
October 23, 2003, 6:00 pm
But they could only be smashable with nades, right? And wouldnt it be cool if soldat had wehicles like tanks and jeeps and s*** like that!

MgFalcon
October 23, 2003, 10:07 pm
that's a great idea but it would lag up the servers way too much though

NightCabbage
October 24, 2003, 10:23 am
lag - no not really. Lag is a minor issue.

However, there are much larger issues, such as, Soldat would have to be completely re-programmed from scratch. Things like that kinda ruin ideas like this ;) lol

CardBoardWarrior
October 24, 2003, 7:56 pm
---
Things like that kinda ruin ideas like this ;) lol
---

[V]

paradox
October 24, 2003, 8:02 pm
wouldnt have to be reprogrammed....just add the new fatures...heh =|

Enik
October 24, 2003, 10:41 pm
If games wont end (like no b2b, no capping) you will fall down, since theres no more land :D

that fuking sniper
October 25, 2003, 4:12 am
This is how would a match look like after 5 minutes with this suggestion: [IMAGE]

NuZZ
October 25, 2003, 4:38 am
And... Maybe no... jeez, im taking about some polies unbreakable, mich would only make a little bit breakable, and if u made a map fully destroyable, no 1 would like it therefor would not play it! EVIL RATS!

CardBoardWarrior
October 25, 2003, 2:48 pm
Well, my original idea was to have a mostly destroyable map, but on the outside, there would be normal un breakablie polies to prevent the map from being completely destroyed. Hey why don't we just let this die though, It's not ever going to happen...:(