( search forums )
The Soldat Mag? No?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Duke33
October 22, 2003, 5:42 am
Okay...If some of us will remember, a soldat magazine was started off in the summer, and i was one of the writers. There was a website. So on. And now its sorta dead. Any paticular reasons? With school i couldnt have done tons, but i still would like to know since i liked the idea. Maybe this was brought up before, but hey.

morpheus
October 22, 2003, 5:46 am
it's just another one of those abandoned projects with no explanation.

palloco
October 22, 2003, 8:14 am
Hmmm, a soldat magrider... nm.

Element_101
October 22, 2003, 10:37 am
looks like a abandoned progect to me as well

arC
October 22, 2003, 3:15 pm
Well I wasn't around when you started to make it but i think its a great idea...i mean not a physical mag that has pages......maybe like a newsletter 1 issue a month that gets sent out to every1's email address who has signed up with the forums? It could include the latest game progression news, polls, SCTFL statistics, SX3 screenshots, comics and more :) sorry for going a bit off topic but its a good idea, what do you think?

CardBoardWarrior
October 22, 2003, 8:28 pm
yeh why not? that wud be cool. "The Soldat Monthly"

TomPenny
October 22, 2003, 8:46 pm
If you need a writer.. im here :O

b00stA
October 22, 2003, 8:50 pm
Hehe, arC is using my reply as his signature http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=7998 ;)

I was in the Soldat Mag staff but the homepage never got updated and then some day.. I totally forgot about it :|
As far as I remember EnjoyIncubus was the founder but I can't really remember.. well it was a big project and it just got lost somewhere.

A weekly/monthly newsletter would still be nice. Let me see what I can do :)

EDIT: Here's the old topic http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6081

?
October 22, 2003, 9:20 pm
yeah that would be really cool

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 22, 2003, 11:02 pm
I always wondered what happened to it it better still be workin : (

arC
October 22, 2003, 11:14 pm
I'd really like this to happen i dont know why it didnt before but it should now :D Im not good at anything inparticular bit if u decide to make a mag i'd like to be a surveyer or something where i go into games and ask people what they think of soldat etc. :)

Duke33
October 23, 2003, 2:05 am
Well, the site still works. Id give you the site, but i dont have it on hand. I checked the forum acouple of days ago and it still worked. Anyway, i think that it SHOULD keep going, because it was a good idea. Also, can the writers previously selected be able to get on the new newsletter (if the idea proposed above comes) because i still want to be on it :D and im selfish :D

Okay, arc: Yeah, it wasnt meant to be physical. It was to be all the writers writing anything about soldat. ie, TFS, the only one to do a piece before everyone abandoned the project, wrote a piece about all the weapons.

Anyway, EI, what HAPPENED. answer.

enjoyincubus
October 23, 2003, 3:27 am
Hmm...where to start, where to start...

Let's see...

Ok, first off, I went back to school and got VERY busy with school offices (first male secretary in school history, and I just wanted to do it for laughs [:D]). Homework was an issue...but there was more than that.

We had what, 5-6 people who wanted to write about weapons and strategies...it's great to have strategies, but it's a magazine, not a strategy guide. R was one to want to do different stuff.

It's not like I was the only one who became indifferent. What was I supposed to do? Talk until everyone else became superly interested too? Well, here's an idea...I'd be interested in maybe doing it again if I decide not to begin working on my plans to overthrow our Capitalist/Federalist (highly combustible when mixed) American government...It's something I've gotten into lately...

Anyway, I feel that I am digressing totally and unintentionally, believe me. I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts, but if someone who has a lot of free time would like to help out with a governing look over the whole project, then I'd possibly consider helping on this again. I do bad as a head honcho. If I was the admin here, I would ban anyone who spoke against me. That's why I'd make a great choice as president (yes, I do mean president...not dictator [;)]) of the US!

redscitle
October 23, 2003, 4:32 am
I would love for this to come alive. I read those one comics, um the real adventures of soldat or sumthin, and those were hella funny. But everytime i go back, theres no new ones. But with a general known site to host these type of things that users can send it, would be cool. Like the one video that, shoot, i forgot who, but the video wouldn't load correct for most people. people like him should be able to submit their creativity for all to see.

arC
October 23, 2003, 5:21 am
well i have ALOT of free time considering i just quit school, and im going to start TAFE next year (Technical and Further Education) so i got the rest of the year off and looking for things to do! :P

eyic
October 23, 2003, 7:27 am
I cant exactly help, but I would love to wait for it and read it :)

ReDevil
October 23, 2003, 7:31 am
we supose to buy it after you doing it? ;P