( search forums )
Barret M82A1 - Why, God of soldat? why?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
The Second One
October 22, 2003, 9:20 am
this is getting pretty unfair... i've heard that for 1.2 they have speedened up the D-Eagles, Steyr, m79 has longer range... BUT WHAT ABOUT BARRET??? you rip a part of the scope off, you make it go "offline" while reloading, the aim sucks ass (you can't hit anymore!!!!!) IS THIS TRUE OR A RUMOR???

arC
October 22, 2003, 9:39 am
good! :P The barret was powerful enough as it is, bout time the other guns got powered up ^^

Aspa
October 22, 2003, 9:56 am
I think a lot of whiners will have to give up teh noob soon :)

Element_101
October 22, 2003, 10:30 am
If the barrets toned down were gonna have a lot of people here having a

bitch about it!

CbbLe
October 22, 2003, 11:57 am
Barret sucks and every other weapon kicks ass..would be fair if the barret were as it is/was in 115.

ReDevil
October 22, 2003, 12:20 pm
it will be good because all otehr weapons will be good

Cold Fusion
October 22, 2003, 12:46 pm
It sounds like nearly all the weaps are overpowered in 1.2. Now all that needs to happen is to underpower them all, and it would be fine. :)

bucky_brad
October 22, 2003, 1:17 pm
Second One, i hope you get eaten by a very large bear. It Seems your bitching about it before it even comes out heh heh, so calm down and just wait a week or two.

Element_101
October 22, 2003, 1:50 pm
I think chances are it will be more than a week or to I think

bLaStEr
October 22, 2003, 1:59 pm
Yes barret is very unpowered compared to other weapons now :(
(i got 1.2 beta) ;P

Spitzfiya
October 22, 2003, 2:41 pm
BARRET SUCKS

THey should remove it completly, then people wont wine about it.

BManx2000
October 22, 2003, 3:07 pm
It seems you have "won't whine" confused with "Hell frezzes over" :P
*kills spitzfiya twice*

The Professional
October 22, 2003, 4:23 pm
I must be the only one that's happy with the barret as it is now (and I don't even use it)...I think everything is just fine, with the exception of the SPAS, MP5, and AUG, which I think should be a little stronger. I mean, if the barret had a 1 sec reload time and shot once every second I think it would be overpowered...but not now.

Haro1121
October 22, 2003, 5:12 pm
i dont know what u guys are talkin about i do good with the M28 as it is now so i dont see whats the problem

Sharpshooter
October 22, 2003, 5:32 pm
Why are there so many [:-censored]ing m82 threads. Who gives a [:-censored] if you can't use the barret use a new weapon for [:-censored] sake!

The Second One
October 22, 2003, 6:19 pm
"barret is a defend te base/flag weapon" kiss my ... how u defend with it if you can't hit with it! Spitz and Sharp=i can teach you how to GET owned by barret :D

Dark_Noddy
October 22, 2003, 7:10 pm
Barret Was Fine in 115 ! it was not that hard to kill a dude with barret ! The only problem was that ppl didnt get the "If I go out there I'm dead" part ! If u didnt engage a barreter while he was w8ing and instead u waited ur self or used ur stelth skills its not THAT hard to get him ! unless he is a lame mother[:-censored]er who just camps witch should be ignored.. anyhow in 12b the barret is [:-censored] ! i started using spas and ruger in stead (witch kicks ass :D)

kkazican
October 22, 2003, 8:39 pm
[:-devil][:-devil]I'm sick and tired of BARRET TOO STRONG and BARRET SUCKS ASS! [:-censored] OFF PEOPLE! The barret ain't going nowhere so you can kiss the REMOVE IT COMPLETELY FROM THE GAME idea. If you remove it from the game you might as well remove the m79 and law from the game too then. They are all 1 hit kills. They are all easy to use. So stfu and stop trying to use the barret as an excuse of how much you suck!

B-B-B-B-ut the scope lets you see 2 screens away and it is a 1 hit kill. PEOPLE! The barret has a big enough drop to make even pros screw up if you can manage to out maneuver them! By the time the bullet gets 2 screens away it is at least an inch below where you are aiming depending on angle. Comparing the barret with the M79's drop yes it is a lot less but the m79 has splash damage along with a good curve so you can kill people from the other side of hills. Also the fact that the M79 gets 2 shots insted of the 1 shot a barret will get. The Law is just about as accurate as barret -scope.

B-B-B-B-ut what about all these people using the barret and camping out. Well if you mess with the barret in any way such as you can't shoot unless your proned. Then you will see many many MORE barret spawn killers/campers. Or making the zoom go down wont matter you will just have less barret users camping and more attacking your base with 1 hit kill weapons. Not killing in 1 shot well that would just not make it a sniper rifle would it? The only option would be to take the barret out giving a monopoly for the M79 and LAW.

B-B-B-B-ut there is already a monopoly for the barret. STFU NOOB! If you have ever been to ANY server that is not a server completely filled with noobs/whiners/bigheads/clans then you would know that There is a equal distribution between M79 Barret and Law.

So I am saying NO ASKING you people to just STFU ABOUT THE BARRET AND M79 AND LAW AND DEAGLES AND RUGER AND MINIGUN AND KNIFE AND SOCOM!

Thank you![:(!][:(!][B)][B)]

Dark_Noddy
October 22, 2003, 8:54 pm
I cant say I disagree At all !

.FF.nEcRoTik
October 22, 2003, 9:01 pm
hmmmm i've played 1.2b and the barret is almost the same thing like in 1.1.5 but now all the other weapons are well balanced. so the snipers will now have a equal advantage with other players. yes! no more easy killing! :F

wormdundee
October 22, 2003, 9:38 pm
i dunno, i didnt really think the barret was that bad in 115, it was fine with me, and NO i do not use it, and yet, wow, im still able to kill people who use it, its not really that hard to make them mess up their aim

BMF
October 22, 2003, 10:20 pm
barret kicks ass

Sharpshooter
October 22, 2003, 10:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Second One
"barret is a defend te base/flag weapon" kiss my ... how u defend with it if you can't hit with it! Spitz and Sharp=i can teach you how to GET owned by barret :D

I'd bet you would feel special killing me with your 1 hit whore stick. I am just sick of seeing barret threads. I haven't even been around soldat for that long and I am already sick of hearing about the stupid thing.

Spitzfiya
October 22, 2003, 11:17 pm
Everyone has an opinion so heres mine

Deagels kick so much ass! =)
Deagles should never be touched.
1vs1 against a deagler is fun...
Being a deagler is fun!

The sad thing is that alot of people use the barret. It just isnt fun playing against those guys. When a server is full of camping barret whores the game play slows down and there is hardly any mid air furballs :(

The main point of soldat is action, bullets, explosions, agility .....Not one shot kill weapons spoiling the fun.

that fuking sniper
October 23, 2003, 12:23 am
Ah FFS just take it. Look at me, I'm a sniper, always was, its in my friggin name, do you see me complain and whine about it? I thought its about time the barret got screwed in some way, although the way he messed the aim up wasnt what I had in mind. Just move to other weapons, there were 3 players using a barret to any other player using another weapon. Soldat was complete BS ever since 1.1.0 came out and the barret got all that [:-censored] added to it and made it too powerfull. So stop whining and just play the game, its not the end of the world if the weapon that overpowered everything else got nerfed.

NightCabbage
October 23, 2003, 1:11 am
Barret getting un-nerfed ^_^

It's aim shall returned.

redscitle
October 23, 2003, 4:37 am
why does everyone refer to 1.1.5 as if it was a past version? am i current or what? if i ain't, then the damn forum needs be updated at the top where it says the latest version. if im fine, then wtf is up with the past talk of 115?????

carbon kid
October 23, 2003, 8:55 am
NERF SOLDAT

LumpyFerret
October 23, 2003, 9:30 am
before in older versions it was m79 people were bitching about..
now it has been butchered..
so..yeah say good bye to your sweet barrette..
OR...beefkake up the Ruger...ie give it faster reload / shoot times / better trajectory.
then snipers would have 2 take 2 shots or 1 accurate shot 2 the upper body.