( search forums )
GAMEPLAY modders group
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gaah
October 23, 2003, 9:15 am
Seeing as though everyone says "Why can't we have a M16?" and "Replace a crap auto gun with a banana gun" instead of releasing an SDK, which Michal doesn't want to do, why can't Michal find some good programmers in the Soldat community, give them aims and give them the source, or just the some of the source which relates to what they're changing. There could be a seperate part of these forums where people vote on what kind of gameplay mod they want. Seing as though Soldat is really only multiplayer (you can't really count playing against bots as single player), using the same set of weapons all the time can be kind of boring. Hell, even jetpack can get boring. The modder group could do like battle car gameplay mods or SWAT mods. It would attract at lot more people and make the game more enjoyable and longer lasting. Yeh, I know, it may be difficult to do, gameplay mods may have to be reprogrammed everytime a new version of Soldat comes out, someone may leak the source code (which could be a good or bad thing. people may copy stuff off soldat. but if it is only the part of the source dealing with weapons and stuff like that, only people who know how to program will be able to mod it). Anyway, I think it would be really good for this to happen.

doffencom
October 23, 2003, 11:58 am
this post is to long for me to bother reading it, i'm like half the way and *yaaaaaawn* and so now I will do something else.

Meandor
October 23, 2003, 12:04 pm
As i've already said, i think the community is too small to support mods, and then, i don't see anyone that can code at that level around.

Avskum
October 23, 2003, 2:22 pm
but you must be able to find someone else who can code this! bugs would be fixed quicker and mods.. Release the sourcecode, you must have someone you trust! You are not gonna sell it anyway? (Except from registrations)

NuZZ
October 24, 2003, 8:15 am
Well... He can give me some graphics to make... You know, some of the thinks that does NOT require programing experience... I could use the POA editor to make POA's... You know, he could make a program for the others, if Mich knows how... :)

NightCabbage
October 24, 2003, 10:19 am
Well, even if Michal did give the code away, I would dread to think of the consequences if it got leaked. It would end Soldat.

Gaah
October 24, 2003, 10:20 am
too small a community? there's over 1000 registred in the forum's. surely some can program? maybe michal could do it himself? i'm sure there are several people able to make the suggested changes who are more than willing

Meandor
October 24, 2003, 11:48 am
Err, if there were any that were willing to collaborate, they would've already sent a mail to Michal to ask if he needs help, so the possibilities are two - Michal wants to work alone or no one asked him yet (cept Ardaen i guess?)