( search forums )
interactive scenery etc
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
paradox
October 24, 2003, 6:18 pm
for example, containers that explode when fired upon..could be good or bad ingame, you could see soembody running past an exploding container, so you shoot at the container and not them and it expldoes and kills them ^^ ..just an idea :P

YaZ
October 24, 2003, 7:32 pm
Been said before, but its a good idea.I like it!

CardBoardWarrior
October 24, 2003, 7:53 pm
::Agrees::

MgFalcon
October 24, 2003, 8:05 pm
i like it too but it might cause some major lag

evilkenivo
October 24, 2003, 8:18 pm
how bout different scenery makes different sounds when you walk on it. Like leaves rustling. Just subtle clues as the where characters are. Like sounds that give away position.

Dragon88
October 24, 2003, 9:26 pm
I would create no more lag than blowing off a grenade. Jeez. The first time anyone comes up with an idea to make soldat more interactive, everyone starts yelling 'LAG', it wouldn't lag any more than a nade. And with the 50% drop in bandwidth in 1.2, we can AFFORD to have some more stuff.

3rd_account
October 24, 2003, 11:25 pm
Eeh no.. these containes would only be aroung on the map for like 10 seconds before they all've been blowned up.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 25, 2003, 1:20 am
3rd_account got in the same two cents that i was gonna give...

you took that change from my pocket, didn't you? huh? you thief you...
j/k ^_^

and plus, whats the point? i surely hope that people aren't stupid enough
to stand by barrels filled with expolsive/flammable substances, much less
hide by them...

?
October 25, 2003, 6:41 pm
yeah i would love exploding crap it would make it a tad more like a real war

Guil
October 25, 2003, 7:40 pm
yeah explosive barrel with a barrel respawn of 30 sec or something like this.

Agent 007
October 25, 2003, 8:30 pm
paradox have good idea.

Mini Man
October 25, 2003, 8:46 pm
yeh nice idea but laggy + the fire could be like on WWP (worms world party) so that it stays there for a while! & moves in wind!

Joe_Blow
October 25, 2003, 8:57 pm
It's been a while since I've posted, I'm now playing under the name Overkill. I haven't gotten around to changing my name on the forum though.

Anyway... I like this thread based on the fact that it could get the player more involved in the game.
So, I was thinking, certain boxes will blow up and others will not. Certain boxes (that you hide behind) could be shot through and cause half the damage that the bullet normally does. Also, what about the "use" command, has anybody mentioned this? Probably, huh? Well, for example you could pick up one of these little boxes (maybe the ones that explode) and plant it somewhere for an unsuspecting foe! When he/she shows himself you whip out your sub-machine gun and shoot him and the box and the same time. I really see a lot of potential in the "use" command.

Weed
October 25, 2003, 9:35 pm
its a good idea.
it will stop lame campers from hiding in the boxes :)

Dragon88
October 25, 2003, 9:55 pm
Yeah, and put a few of 'em on common camping spaces (and have them respawn occaisionally when they are destroyed) and u've fixed camping! W00T!!

Captain Mandos
October 26, 2003, 7:36 am
well report this to michal

eyic
October 26, 2003, 8:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Dragon88
And with the 50% drop in bandwidth in 1.2, we can AFFORD to have some more stuff.

pfttt.... you wish..

MgFalcon
October 27, 2003, 1:38 am
yeah but campers arn't dumb you know they will know which is which unless it's not differn't from the non-exploding ones..