( search forums )
redesign the maps and add more maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
morpheus
October 25, 2003, 3:52 pm
since a majority of the default maps we play have been around since 1.1.1, i think it'd be nice if the maps were redesigned with little changes here and there. stuff like:

breaks in the bridges in b2b, so you could drop down to the bottom level.

breaks in run, so you could drop down to the bottom level.

move some of the scenery around, like bushes, trees, etc.

just small minor changes like that would help bring the interest back into the default maps. the way they are now, i have them all memorised and really don't find them that all challenging any more.

and add a few more new maps. the addition of voland and kampf was great, but to me, it just seems like there's not enough maps. all we do is keep recycling through the same ol' same ol' and it gets somewhat monotonous.

posssibly adding some maps about the size of laos, but much less sniper friendly would be nice, considering we already have enough maps that have more than enough places for a sniper to hide.

anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

your thoughts?

Tallaferro
October 25, 2003, 3:54 pm

I agree.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 25, 2003, 4:34 pm
There's a couple old remakes in the next one.

IRRiTANT
October 25, 2003, 4:46 pm
I thought some of the map in the last map pack might be going in ?. I think there needs to be LOTS more maps in the next version . . . .

bLaStEr
October 25, 2003, 4:48 pm
^Yeah I agree much MUCH much more maps are needed :/

Hercule Poirot
October 25, 2003, 5:10 pm
yeah maps need fixes like in bridge on right is many polygons "ugly" looking maybe it could be more shaped curves.....

bucky_brad
October 25, 2003, 6:17 pm
yeh mabey we could just have an OFFICIAL map pack realsed each couple of months or somthin. that way theres no rush and we get 1.2 sooner. anywayz i dont think anyone will download a unofficial map pack.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 25, 2003, 6:26 pm
well there are a few brave souls called "mappers" who have ventured into the
"world of mapping." perhaps if you have such a desire for new and original
maps you should try it out? and herclule, new, fixed maps means no more
poly bugs for you. ^_^

?
October 25, 2003, 6:37 pm
ok ive said it before and ill say it agin we NEED ctf death that map was teh best

CardBoardWarrior
October 25, 2003, 6:46 pm
Yes we need more maps, but there is this AWESOME map pack with 55 maps. You prolly wont be able to play people online though unless they have them. I think I'll start a server actually.

MapPack: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/greobo/
Server name: LH Map Pack Serv (or somthin close to that)

peace out and enjoy maps.

[EDIT]
They have updated the map pack! yay! There is now 64 maps.

morpheus
October 27, 2003, 5:37 am
kami, i'm gonna guess that ctf_death is one of the oldies to be added back in... can't think of the other though.

Hercule Poirot
October 27, 2003, 6:54 am
quote:Originally posted by aLpHaNuMe12iK
well there are a few brave souls called "mappers" who have ventured into the
"world of mapping." perhaps if you have such a desire for new and original
maps you should try it out? and herclule, new, fixed maps means no more
poly bugs for you. ^_^

All polygon bugs what i have found in 1.15 has been fixed in 1.2 except bunker "easter egg" bug :(