( search forums )
New game mode: Knife Match
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sqweek
October 25, 2003, 7:12 pm
The game is simple. Everyone spawns with knives, and every time you throw a knife a new one immediately appears in your hand.

Let the chaos ensue!

?
October 25, 2003, 7:19 pm
how about you make a server with only knives =/

bLaStEr
October 25, 2003, 7:42 pm
^You got the point xP

So this is useless topic plz lock...

Agent 007
October 25, 2003, 8:41 pm
The "knife match"should be coll..I am serious.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 25, 2003, 9:45 pm
then you get knife spamming, etc. and a knife server is pretty dam close
to what you want, as "+" pointed out...

NightCabbage
October 26, 2003, 4:16 am
In 1.2 at least we can have knife matches without getting booted for cheating ;)

3rd_account
October 26, 2003, 8:36 am
That'd be cool enough :)

eyic
October 26, 2003, 8:53 am
i still want sqweeks idea, its really cool, unlimited knives :)
this is a must have!!

NuZZ
October 26, 2003, 9:05 am
With teh reappearing knife would pwn tho... I like that part :) the rest is allready in tehre!

palloco
October 26, 2003, 9:17 am
and every time you throw a knife a new one immediately appears in your hand.

Wow, so you can throw knifes faster than firing the bow, that is a lethal weapon.

eyic
October 26, 2003, 10:39 am
Yeh and their should be flaming Knifes :P

Mini Man
October 26, 2003, 10:47 am
just set the knifes as the only weapon u can get in the options menu but they wont respawn of course but hey u can try!

Aquillion
October 26, 2003, 11:55 am
Having new knives constantly appear in your hand would be silly, and I agree with everyone else that this mode is unnecessary. Part of the fun of a knife fight is diving to retrieve your knife after you've thrown it. I do think that some kind of Highlander mode would be fun, though -- a game setting where some players can choose to limit themselves exclusively knives, but take almost no damage from bullets as a result. At first it might seem like everyone would choose to be a Highlander, but remember that even normal players can still pick knives to kill them... and they would be somewhat vunerable to grenades, M79s, and LAWs, giving everyone at least some chance.

Putting that aside, there is one more small change that needs to be made to the game before knife-only servers will work properly: Currently, I believe your secondary weapon defaults to Socom even if it's been disabled, so you can start with one in a knife-only server just by refusing to select the knife. Even if nobody does that deliberately, it tends to mean that some Socoms always end up finding their way into a knife server regardless of weapon restrictions.

It would also be nice if players who spawn without a primary weapon (i.e. when primary weapons are disabled) start with their secondary weapon drawn. It certinally isn't essential, but in a knife fight that .5 seconds can actually make a big difference...

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 26, 2003, 4:15 pm
I agree with Aquillon u don't know how many ppl I've screwed over by jacking their knife and them being knifeless running for dear life what fun the hunt is lolz.

CardBoardWarrior
October 26, 2003, 7:21 pm
Unlimited knives? NO.
Maybe being able to carry two and throw them w/out switching weps.? YES

*Mode would be cool if you get two or three knives, and after about 10 secs if you don't pick them up manually then they spawn again in your hands*

Aspa
October 26, 2003, 8:08 pm
The noobs that can't hit for [:-censored] will be dropping knives all over the place. Just pick up one, no need for respawning knives.

_z1g
October 26, 2003, 9:34 pm
nice but not in standard maps im think need special maps

cooz
October 26, 2003, 11:15 pm
z1g, why not in standard dm maps? u couldn't play this mod on arena or rok? i don't understand your opinion.

_z1g
October 26, 2003, 11:41 pm
need small area.
Standart DM maps very big im think.

?
October 26, 2003, 11:43 pm
quote:as "+" pointed out... sorry but please look a littel harder next time its a cross, and jsut call me t like everyone else(cept the people that know unicode =P)

BManx2000
October 27, 2003, 2:58 am
Or you can just copy and paste ?'s name lol.

?
October 27, 2003, 3:00 am
never thought of that =P your a sly one

sqweek
October 27, 2003, 6:55 am
Having infinite knives and being utterly ridiculous was the point of my suggestion.
Make it 10 points for a stab-kill too, as if you'll ever get close enough :p

I think the real fun part of this would be standing still and having people rushing you, and trying to take them all out.