( search forums )
Team Fortress Classic.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
that fuking sniper
October 25, 2003, 10:51 pm
Hmm, I suddenly had this idea of Soldat with engineers like in TFC, and then thought of the possibility of havig something like TFC in Soldat?

Much like the real thing, you have a set of guys you can choose from: Pyro would be armed with a flamethrower and would have some kind of incinerary grenades.

There would be a Heavy weapon guy that carries something similar to the minigun that has 300 bullets, he spawns with armor and he has 200 hit points.But his weakness is that he is SLOW and by that I mean SLOWWWW, like walking against a minigun stream, that should be his weakness.

Engineer can build SGs? with limited ammo and health. and repair and re-arm them or something. He is equipped with a shotgun, Spas, like in TFC. Has 80 hit points and half armor or something.

The Soldier can have a LAW and AUG, AK-74, DE's and Minimi, has 150 hit points and armor. And has normal speed.

The demolition man would carry an M79, LAW, and cluster grenades. Has normal hit points and armor.

A spy that can change his shirt color, or make himself look like a corpse, has a knife and a USSOCOM. His grenades would be special, if they hit someone they would make his screen twitch or appear as if he's taking bullets and bleeding. Has 75 hit points and no armor.

And finally a sniper, armed with Barret and USSOCOM. Has no armor, normal hit points.

And back packs to recharge the special ability thing, add ammo, and grenades, instead of medic kits and grenade kits.

Maps could be building-like, such as CTF_Showdown by Emoac.

I'm expecting replies such as "why dont you go play TFC then?" or "This cant be done, its a whole different game".

I already thought of the things above, I just think it would be unique to play TFC in a side view, thought I'd share.

eyic
October 25, 2003, 11:06 pm
Yeh TFS this has been suggested many times, by me even, but only came out getting flamed, and yes i'd really love this idea, I just dont think it has enough support, and yeh it would be cool playing tfc i na totally different game, especially a 2d shooter! >:)

that fuking sniper
October 25, 2003, 11:09 pm
It was suggested before? I never saw anyone say anything about TFC in
Soldat. :\

eyic
October 25, 2003, 11:12 pm
Yeh i've suggested it before, but with a different topic title and in the post it talks about how it is is tfc i remember postign about it and the title was somthing has the word "Clases" in it or somthing...

Tallaferro
October 25, 2003, 11:13 pm

I think is too complex.

kkazican
October 26, 2003, 1:03 am
I would love it but I doubt it would be implemented. Maybe when/if Michal releases the source code someone could make an official mod and change the gameplay into that.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 26, 2003, 2:03 am
i feel that perhaps this idea shouldn't implemented until progress is made
on the core of the game, reducing lag, removal of bugs, balancing of game.
this new mode would be a headache to balance: the powers of certain classes
will be skewed across the spectrum. maybe later?

btw the original TFC for HL was great... too bad not many ppl play it anymore.