( search forums )
Modified Animation Error (was Soldat doesn't work)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Essentle
October 26, 2003, 3:40 pm
When I open soldat, it says something like this: "This file cannot open with modified animations, please re-install the game."
Well, I re-installed it 3 times, but when I open that new installation it says: "This application has failed to start because d3dx81 ab.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn] [:-weepn]

Anyone knows what I should to do?
Or when 1.2 come? Maybe it works on that..
And anyone knows some good games what I should play this terrible time.. [:(]

And more strange thing is that when I go to my other computer, there was that same thing.. Soldat doesn't work there either!

Frosty
October 26, 2003, 6:58 pm
I'm getting the exact same thing, I can't even play single player against bots.

y0da
October 26, 2003, 10:47 pm
Did you downloaded the 1.1.5 fix???

Or did you uninstald the game???

Maybe download an older version or a patch???

NightCabbage
October 28, 2003, 12:56 am
Well, a whole heap of people have just (over the last day or 2) complained about this, so it's pretty widespread.

There's another topic going on, perhaps it would be best if we just kept it to one topic:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=8460

Essentle - So now you're getting a d3d related error, hmmm...
Well, make sure you have DirectX 9.0b, and the latest drivers for your video card.
But also, perhaps try deleting this file:
- For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
- For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder

And as far as a game to play while Soldat isn't working, try Gunbound :)
http://www.gunbound.net

aLpHaNuMe12iK - Other people can play, because they do not get this error :)
Such as myself lol

Essentle
November 2, 2003, 5:58 am
Uups, I forgot to say but now it is working :) It is working a long time after I post that.. [:D]

WaR DoG2150
November 2, 2003, 5:14 pm
mine doesnt wqork saying i modifyed everthing and i reinstalled about 8 times now