( search forums )
modified animations error (was: HELP)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
starmonkey
October 26, 2003, 4:24 pm
When I try to join a online game it says i can not play with modified animations. What does that mean and how do I fix it.

Essentle
October 26, 2003, 4:40 pm
I have this same problem [:-weepn] Topic there.. And I re-installed it many times, but.. [V] [xx(][:-weepn]

Haro1121
October 27, 2003, 1:10 am
quote:Originally posted by y0da
[quote]
You must reainstall the game... Couse you changed the weopen or a scenery or even a texture...

dude its not that they got modified Animations ............. not weapons scenery or textures

Deleted User
October 28, 2003, 12:09 am
I too have been experiencing this problem since I tried to play yesterday, and I haven't used modified sprites since the previous version. Reinstalling makes no difference.

NightCabbage
October 28, 2003, 12:45 am
Yes, I think Michal's 'modified check' is a bit screwed up :S

He does, I believe, use the 'date modified' information to check the files.

eg. Open up a scenery file in a hex editor, then save it without changing anything. Soldat will complain about modified scenery, even though it's all still exactly the same :P

Just over the past week I've been having some scenery trouble with some 3rd party maps (Metroid Arena for example). Quite annoying, and unfixable :/

BManx2000
October 28, 2003, 3:47 am
A srange thing is, sometimes the check for modified anims online doesn't work. I mean, I've played online with modified animations (because I forgot to put the original ones back) but other times it gives me the error :S

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 28, 2003, 5:47 am
ignore my post in the other "this" topic.
but if reinstalling really does fix this problem, why did essentle (whos avatar is "sexy") complain about reinstalling x3 times and still have the same error?

starmonkey
October 28, 2003, 11:04 pm
Okey, I can play online and stuff now, I combinded files my mod and the orignal game sprites. so far i have been abel to get these files to work,Sparks-gfx,Weapons-gfx,SFx,Gostek-gfx and interface-gfx. Hope that helps you guys with mods.