( search forums )
Weird graphics - upon re-entering soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Nephi
October 27, 2003, 2:33 am

I made some weird graphic problem, when I return to soldat 1.1.5 (fixed) after switch to windows (while keeping soldat pause and minizimed for about 30 mins or more).

the pictures for the problem are here:

http://www.limmtec.com/anime/soldat/

there are 2 files in there - gun.jpg and parachute.jpg

I have no idea what has happened but from that bug there was a parachute (opposite team) at the spwan point (I didn't take a pic of that).

I have the parachute showing up in maps before at the enemy's spwan point but I have no idea what is causing it.

My system

Hardware - P3 1GHz, 512 Mb ram, TNT2 PCI (32Mb - fan doesn't work - Primary monitor), Intel 82815 (4Mb - AGP - Secondary monitor), 2 Sound cards (SB Live! DE & Intel 82801BA/BAM).

Software - Windows XP (SP 1), DirectX 9.0b, Soldat 1.1.5, nVidia Dentonators 44.03, Intel 6.13.01.2872 (video).

Bg software - Winamp 2.91 (playing music), Daemon Tools, Flashget 1.4, Trillian 2.0, Outlook Express 6, Norton AV 2003 (from the system works) MSN 6, RTVNC (server and client) and maybe taskmanager (if I have it loaded)

I hope that is all the info you need

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 27, 2003, 3:49 am
has happened to me too, i alt-tabbed out on ctf_kampf, alt-tabbed back in, and LAH! the SG's were floating in mid air. i alt-tabbed back in and out, and it was all better. i don't know WHY this happens, but its not really a big deal.

NightCabbage
October 28, 2003, 12:33 am
Thanx for posting all your specs too Nephi, it owuld be nice if everyone that posted here did that...

As for the problem, it is a common one :)

The parachutes stuff up all the darn time (lol) and the SGs will go weird whenever your Alt+Tab, and sometimes they'll just go weird for no reason at all...

There's no fix for it, but hopefully it'll get fixed one day :)

Nephi
October 28, 2003, 3:24 am
I dont get it all the time, it only sometimes. I manly get the parachutes showing up.