( search forums )
beta testers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
morpheus
October 27, 2003, 5:48 am
i started to look through the "1.2 delayed" thread to see if any of these had been answered, then realised that it's mainly bs, so here goes...

has the "wrong map version" error been fixed?

have respawn probs been fixed?

poly bugs fixed?

spawn without weapon bug fixed?

butstock hit/ drop weapon still there?

is the flag still showing up at the base even though it's not been returned?

the point system: sometimes you don't get points for caps.

multiple flag caps: sometimes you get double, or even triple flag caps for just one cap.

these are the most common probs (for me) so just wondering what to expect next version.

and... and are these probs os specific? windows or linux?

Dark_Noddy
October 27, 2003, 6:05 am
The "wrong map version" error is a Linux server beta 3 Gug.. So nope :(

Social Poison
October 27, 2003, 8:11 am
has the "wrong map version" error been fixed?

have respawn probs been fixed? - for the most part yea

poly bugs fixed? - much better

spawn without weapon bug fixed? - I think so

butstock hit/ drop weapon still there? - havn't tested

is the flag still showing up at the base even though it's not been returned? - yes

the point system: sometimes you don't get points for caps. - that's a client/server problem. So no.

multiple flag caps: sometimes you get double, or even triple flag caps for just one cap. - I've only seen this on Linux servers, and thus, untested.

Element_101
October 27, 2003, 8:52 am
Theres a more bugs than that

can compter players still shoot 3 people at once?

CardBoardWarrior
October 27, 2003, 7:54 pm
buttstock hit/weapon drop is still there. try playing with some bots with no weps and you will see.

Haro1121
October 27, 2003, 8:21 pm
Cardboard when u have no weapon and u punch someone with gun its supposed to knock there gun out of there hand its supposed to be like disarming them

CardBoardWarrior
October 27, 2003, 8:33 pm
yup.

Frosty
October 27, 2003, 8:57 pm
WHAT?!@

THESE AREN'T FIXED IN 1.2?

I thought the new version was supposed to be the most unbuggy so far?

And the flag bug isn't even fixed?! BS

Social Poison
October 27, 2003, 10:08 pm
What map bug are you refering to? If you're talking about polygon slips, then I think I said it is much better (I havn't managed to get myself wedged yet... but Dogfatha is probably a better person to comment on that).

F3nyx
October 27, 2003, 10:27 pm
The flag teleports back and forth between base and real position when it's knocked off the stand.

Frosty
October 27, 2003, 10:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by F3nyx
The flag teleports back and forth between base and real position when it's knocked off the stand.

IN 1.2?!

Frosty
October 28, 2003, 7:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Frosty
quote:Originally posted by F3nyx

IN 1.2?!

?? Still ridiculous!

Yep, still ridiculous. Answer me, dammit.

F3nyx
October 30, 2003, 2:14 am
Uh, I have no idea about 1.2... I was just describing the 1.1.5 bug to SocialPoison.

n00bface
October 30, 2003, 2:58 am
BTW, butstock hit/drop weapon I don't think is a bug [:P] Except maybe when you spawn... teammates shouldn't be able to disarm you when you spawn, or at all, unless Friendly Fire is on [:)]

Element_101
October 30, 2003, 10:49 am
1.2 is meant to be bug free but theres no guarante

Cookie.
October 30, 2003, 10:12 pm
u guys forgot the pinkbunny launcher and the caddilac escilade

lol jk :D
the polygon bugs are mainly gone :( all the ones i found and liked are gone now.. no one will ever see my 1.1.6 bridge hang gliding bug and how i got on top of the new ctf map :'(

Staple_nutz
October 30, 2003, 11:17 pm
1.2 isn't even completed so complaining about bug that have not been fixed yet is pointless wait till the realese has been made and then see for yourself's

this thread is like talking about a new modle car that is still in production and hasn't had its interiour made yet and your asking "what are the seats like" "what color is the dash"

Element_101
October 31, 2003, 9:55 am
^ nice comparsion