( search forums )
- and + keys
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CardBoardWarrior
October 27, 2003, 8:16 pm
If these two keys were implemented, then it would allow for different weapon modes and much more. For example if we had maybe, the mp5, then you could press - or + to change it from burst/single shot/auto. I think this would bring a whole new level of fun to the game.

A second thought was that it could possibly be used to aim very accuratly. If you had the barret, you could press either of the keys to mmove the cursor up/down slowly for an accurate aim.

Lastly, what if you could adjust the burn power of the jetpack? Ranging from just floating above the ground to full afterburner, not sure what this would help but it would be cool. [^]

NightCabbage
October 28, 2003, 1:01 am
er.... first thing's first :)

That's a bad way of explaining it - you made it sound like you wanted to be able to use the + and - keys as though you can't already :P Which you can, and also keeping in mind that a lot of people change their keys from the defaults.

Aside from that, not too bad lol

If these two keys were implemented, then it would allow for different weapon modes and much more. For example if we had maybe, the mp5, then you could press - or + to change it from burst/single shot/auto. I think this would bring a whole new level of fun to the game.

I quite like this idea, weapon modes can be fun :)

A second thought was that it could possibly be used to aim very accuratly. If you had the barret, you could press either of the keys to mmove the cursor up/down slowly for an accurate aim.

Nope, dun like this one.... The mouse gives you pixel by pixel accuracy anyway :)

Lastly, what if you could adjust the burn power of the jetpack? Ranging from just floating above the ground to full afterburner, not sure what this would help but it would be cool.

nah, don't like this one either :) lol

?
October 28, 2003, 1:08 am
sorry but i really don't like those ideas, weapons are varied enough as it is now
teh aiming thing that is just dumb, you got a mouse to aim with
the jet pack adjustment is a horrible idea

CardBoardWarrior
October 28, 2003, 2:17 am
:(
well thanks for replying anyway, i didnt know you could use those 2 keys.
i guess wat i really want it more weapon modes.

Nephi
October 28, 2003, 9:36 am
I like the idea for the change of firing modes.

but the setting of the jet pack is now set on the map as a gobal setting for all players - but having it as an option you can set when you start the game could be cool (like if you have it at the map settings or your own)

3rd_account
October 28, 2003, 10:18 am
Well, the + and - are so frigin far away to the right.. would be better if you could chose yourself.

Oh and the primary/secondary weapon function would be kickass good. Maby secondaries like these..
deagles: fire in successions instead of double-shot
mp5: single-shot with good accuracy and more power
ak74: 3-round burst released in a blink of a second
steyr: single-shot and small scope
spas: wider spray
ruger: double-shot with less accuracy
Bah, don't feel like doing the rest...

frogboy
October 28, 2003, 11:02 am
I say add a + and - to the keyboard. I mean, add stuff to the + and - keys.
+/- should be use on Automatics for burst fire, which is 2x accurate.
Barret- Power/Accuracy ratio: you could have on ultra power, but it completely misses anyone.
Spas- no spread, but 2x-3x power

Chakra
October 28, 2003, 12:19 pm
I quite like that jetboots idea...just press a button while in mid-air and it's set to 'hover', allowing for 20 seconds of stillness mid-air. Soon as you land the mode is reset, so you can jet again without having to switch the mode back. Would add some new dimensions to defence..

Agent 007
October 28, 2003, 7:12 pm
I would like all this suggestion topics on the forum in soldat,but leave this to michael,okay? I speak to all!

CardBoardWarrior
October 29, 2003, 10:57 pm
What do you mean, leave it to Michal? of COURSE we are, heh heh, ok maybe not...

n00bface
October 30, 2003, 1:12 am
Yes, I like the suggestion, I'd love to be able to change jetpack power [:P] Or maybe it could be a size zoom for barret? ..eh..

Hiroshto
October 30, 2003, 2:49 am
I don't think the + & - are accessible enough to use as the Vernier output control. If any, it should be adjacent to the Vernier key so you can quickly relate between fast & slow but also make it like a gear shift where you cannot go straight into high vernier output without going down gears, but then again, it'll happen all too fast to adjust while flying.
One thing for sure, you can put the Verniers on low to hover in mid air which just costs 5 fuel per second where the fuel regenerates at 5 fuel per second whereas on high gear, it spends 10 fuel per second & can travel twice as fast, but takes twice the time to fly in regenerating lost fuel.

This would allow fast escape & in other cases, suspended in air sniping, but you know whet happens when you prone or crouch to zoom in with the Barret & use the Jetpack, you kinda fly horizontally & eventually hit the ground.