( search forums )
Mouse gestures in soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Tallaferro
October 27, 2003, 11:35 pm

Well, I use Opera as browser. And it have mouse gestures to do things.

I wonder using mouse gestures with taunts.
Possibily this can be useful for other things. But now I cannot imagine them.

CardBoardWarrior
October 27, 2003, 11:45 pm
What are mouse gestures? Explain what you mean more.

Tallaferro
October 28, 2003, 12:15 am

You press right button mouse(or another) and you move the mouse to right.
With Opera you go back in web page.
Or first up then down. This reload the page.

There are many mouse gestures.
StrokeIt is a utility to do mouse gestures in windows. You can download it to test. It's freeware.

CardBoardWarrior
October 28, 2003, 12:58 am
That would be cool, but if you press right mouse btton then you would just fire, I dont think it would work.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 28, 2003, 5:22 am
is that a browser bulit in capability? or do you require a utility of some sort in order to use those abilities?
if it is the latter, the utility might just be transalating certain movements into preprogrammed actions or button combos. as such, if you chould customize those button combos to alt-1, etc, you MIGHT be able to get it.
but if its built into opera, i have no idea.

Nephi
October 28, 2003, 9:27 am
having the mouse gestures would screw up with using the mouse to aim and shoot+fly or fly+looking

I think it's a good idea, but I would find it annoying with the way I play soldat

3rd_account
October 28, 2003, 1:28 pm
HOLLY SHIZZO! StrokeIT pwnz00rs!!

[Edit]
I don't like the idea :P

Tallaferro
October 28, 2003, 4:48 pm

I thinking not use right button mouse with mouse gestures. Another button in the keyboard can do that function.

-----> With StrokeIt you can use mouse gestures in all programs in windows. It's freeware. Download it. You will like it!

Opera have mouse gestures built-in. Them can be disabled.

Obviously when you are aiming mouse gestures are a bad idea but I think this can be enable in "spectator mode" too.
Nobody will use when aiming. But mouse gestures are a VERY QUICK thing.

I'm sure that mouse gestures are not annoying.
Use them in opera or StrokeIt and you will like it.

(Sorry for my english...)

Aquarius
October 28, 2003, 4:53 pm
I use Opera too, but Soldat is not a web browser, you know... [:D] I mean mouse gestures would be useless for now...

Maybe if there would be some kind of special attacks made with the mouse gestures... or some stupid animations just for fun.

Dark_Noddy
October 28, 2003, 5:29 pm
Opera Kicks IEs ass ! (Any1 having problems with Java in Opera ?) Anyhow.. This is a bad Idea for soldat.. Would really [:-censored] up things !

palloco
October 28, 2003, 7:51 pm
Hmmm, I had just discovered mouse gestures. Thx.