( search forums )
When will people learn....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
EvilLaugh
October 27, 2003, 11:41 pm
What is the point of using the barret in DM? Really am just laughing here because I just played pointmatch and owned the server 3 times in a row by stupid margins of like +30. I'm starting to realise that it doesnt matter how good you think you are with a one hit kill weapon, its capable of one thing. Slow paced one hit kills. I actually sit and laugh at all you people who complain about campers because I honestly think your just stupider than they are. I hunt thes campers until they leave the servers, do the same my fellow chums and you will see the skill increase in soldat slowly change.
Really though, how stupid do you have to be as a camper, your setting yourself up to be shot. The first law of DM is to keep moving and your not doing that.

Again, I laugh at all the complainers and the campers because your basically just giblets in my eyes and your already dead.

CardBoardWarrior
October 27, 2003, 11:45 pm
Well, unless they are hiding and you don't see them, and you don't see where the shot came from.
Otherwise I AGREE.

?
October 28, 2003, 12:54 am
quote:I'm starting to realise that it doesnt matter how good you think you are with a one hit kill weapon, its capable of one thing. Slow paced one hit kills. no i use the m79 in dms all the time its its not "slow paced"

BManx2000
October 28, 2003, 3:40 am
Yeah but he's talking about the barret :P
Anyway, everybody knows that a good barret user in DM will end up using the socom half the time anyways lol. Well at least I do :P

BMF
October 28, 2003, 4:04 am
EvilLaugh you are stupid

EvilLaugh
October 28, 2003, 4:09 am
How am I stupid, I clearly win DM more than 75% of the time and I use the SPAS.

Cookie.
October 28, 2003, 4:17 am
mmm spas what a good weapon choice :P and the reason why u may be winning 75% of the time is that you are playing with noobs, bots? if ure winning 75% of the time find a better server with more of a challenge to play on :D

Duke33
October 28, 2003, 4:47 am
Whether EvilLaugh is good or not is not the point. What he is saying is that the barret is not the marvelous thing that people make it out to be, and is quite easy to win against, especially in DM, and PM. Right Evil Laugh? If thats the case i agree.

BMF
October 28, 2003, 5:18 am
quote:How am I stupid, I clearly win DM more than 75% of the time and I use the SPAS.

you certainly proved me wrong

fabmanx
October 28, 2003, 5:30 am
Well i use barret for 1v1 duels and i dont camp with it, and evilaugh u can use any other gun vs me and my barret and i wont even lay a hand on the crouch or prone button and i will own ur jiggly tities. :) just thought i would point that out

aLpHaNuMe12iK
October 28, 2003, 5:32 am
on smaller maps with lots of "more skilled" (not uber-players, i rarely see demi-gods in DM servers) people, deathmatch bevome rather frentic, especially with lam-o people who just spawn, fire their law, and end up dying. due to this fast pace, i find the knife very effective -- no load time, instant kill, reuseable, and a practically guarenteed kill every spawn (and 2 more, cuz ya know, knife pwns.) of course i luv the knife no matter where i am, so my argument is mostly moot and pointless. i like knives.

palloco
October 28, 2003, 8:25 am
In a 1 on 1 Barret wins, but in normal DM automatics own, even if you aren't so good as the barret users.

Element_101
October 28, 2003, 8:52 am
Barrets not really over powered when you think about it people only bitch

becasue its annoying to get shot and not know were it came from and yes

spas is the best gun by far!!!

koil
October 28, 2003, 9:10 am
quote:When will people learn....

hmm good question.. it took you bout 4months with the nerf the barret.

3rd_account
October 28, 2003, 9:18 am
Bah, who cares about DM? I just win all the time so the challenge lies in ctf.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 28, 2003, 4:24 pm
"i find the knife very effective -- no load time, instant kill, reuseable, and a practically guarenteed kill every spawn (and 2 more, cuz ya know, knife pwns.) of course i luv the knife no matter where i am, so my argument is mostly moot and pointless. i like knives."

w00t another knife fan just like meh ^_^

MgFalcon
October 28, 2003, 10:45 pm
i use the barret in DM but i don't just sit there and camp i move arround and if my first shot misses i use that soccom or the law

EvilLaugh
October 29, 2003, 1:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
Whether EvilLaugh is good or not is not the point. What he is saying is that the barret is not the marvelous thing that people make it out to be, and is quite easy to win against, especially in DM, and PM. Right Evil Laugh? If thats the case i agree.

This is exactly what I mean, you will find that differant guns are for differant situations. The barret just seems to be the main choice by people because they aren't willing to put the effort into a gun that takes more than one hit to kill. Guns like the barret are excellent for 1 on 1's though, and to stop cappers dead in there tracks. Automatics are pretty much excellent at disruption and getting huge kill counts in second and pistol like weapons such as the DEagles, the Spas and the Ruger are good choices with in DM. I've played with a number of good players in DM and I've never seen one using the barret. I'm just laughing so much that people must use the barret and try to camp. They are basically a sitting duck.

Apex
October 29, 2003, 2:37 am
barrets don't win in moderately sized dm's because i can kill 3 people with deagles or somesuch weapon as they kill one person.

BMF
October 29, 2003, 4:14 am
i win all DMs with barret, except for very big ones, where Social Poison shows up with his Deagles and i come in second. *mutters*

Again, i dont use barret in DM, unless everybody is using one.

Cookie.
October 29, 2003, 4:41 am
yes knife does own :D most people never suspect it u time it perfectly until they begin to reload then u rush em! so fun :D

carbon kid
October 29, 2003, 5:06 am
and to think i had to go to "soldat moments" to listen to people say how good they are.........

Element_101
October 29, 2003, 9:45 am
Im no good at knife so I dont use it my secondary weapon is chainsaw

villekallio
October 29, 2003, 7:50 pm
Knife pwnzors. :P

DeepII
October 30, 2003, 7:24 pm
Only ppl who hide nerf...u can easily kill ppl who camp somewhere, where u can see them!

BMF
October 30, 2003, 8:18 pm
sure DeepII

whatever happened to my proposal that people with under 50 posts should not post at all??