( search forums )
Worm 3d
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Duke33
October 29, 2003, 6:09 am
So what do you guys think? I heard about it a month ago, thought cool and then forgot about it. Then the demo came out (check the offical site http://www.worms3d.com/ or where i got it at avault.com)
I tried 2 player, playing against myself to check it out. It seems pretty fun, although the whole 3rd person is hard to control, the blimp view is weird. But the first person is cool. Anyway, maybe try it out...its not that bad. Ill check out reviews when it comes out, see what its like.

Tell me what you think.

frogboy
October 29, 2003, 6:43 am
I played that as well. I don't think I got the newer version, I tried it but it didn't work (nor did the first one for a while)

that fuking sniper
October 29, 2003, 6:55 am
I think the 3D thing kind of screws up the whole theme of the old games, 2Dness. It was fun seeing small worms blast eachother with bazookas and bannanas and whatnot. I mean, nobody gave a flying fu*k about graphics, it was the simple gameplay and hillarious weapons that were the main point. Games get screwed for eye-candy too much :(

Social Poison
October 29, 2003, 6:59 am
I'm with TFS on that one

ThaD
October 29, 2003, 8:07 am
yea its like Scorch and Scorch3D, the second one sux, ppl like 2d games coz... these r 2d games simply (thats why i prefer Soldat to Quake and such)

BMF
October 29, 2003, 10:23 pm
yeah i am with TFS on this one. I never tried it, but i already hate it. I am very open minded.

WARNING sarcasm!

Duke33
October 31, 2003, 1:17 am
Of course. Yeah, i know. I like it, but its not special. I sorta like it because its mildly fun and has nice graphics--like any other game out nowadays. Its not unique, has no special value like the previous Worms. Do you get what i mean? It just isnt anything remarkable.

Guil
October 31, 2003, 1:53 am
The 3d is crappy (gfx) and hard to masterize the control and seem to be the same thing than armageddon or WWP. :(

eyic
October 31, 2003, 2:13 am
Im also with the great tfs, master of the darkness and bringer of dreams, Im beginning to hate how 2d games are turning 3d, it ruins the theme of the game..

NuZZ
October 31, 2003, 10:00 pm
I totaly agree eyic :) Pyso :/

Onyros
October 31, 2003, 10:31 pm
Does anyone have the original Worms, the one from 1994 or so, the most simple of all Worms versions? I've been looking for it on the internet for a whole lotta time, and still haven't found it. I'd still prefer that one over Worms World Party (which is the last version I have).

n00bface
November 1, 2003, 12:01 am
I have it on Mac [:P]

Duke33
November 1, 2003, 1:37 am
The only 2d version ive played is Worms Armaggedon. Its good, i used to play it alot. Never tried the 1994 version. im sure it would be fun.

Hey, this is a good example of why soldat should NEVER go 3d. Not that i would, but you see people suggesting it.

frogboy
November 1, 2003, 3:22 am
If it was 3d, it would just be another multiplayer FPS.

NightCabbage
November 1, 2003, 11:14 am
I've played

Worms
Worms Reinforcements
Worms United (this was the 1st one I bought)
Worms 2 (this was the 2nd one I bought)
Worms Armageddon

I didn't play Worms World Party

They were all fun :)

But I am sceptical of a 3d version... Even Team 17 themselves said that it just wouldn't work. And then they started mass marketing games for profits :/ And thus, here we have Worms 3d.

At the moment I'm liking Gunbound.

But Soldat owns them all ;)

DesFS
November 3, 2003, 12:43 am
I have the 1994 version of worms. If u want it, holler me at sumo@vcn.bc.ca . I'll try to hook u up.

weirdlooking
November 3, 2003, 3:03 am
i liked worms not just because you could blow things up with a verity of weapons
you could do it with a verity of ways. like shoot a bazoka into the wind to hit
the foe behind you and knock him into the water. i like worms3d so far do to
the fact i can do things like that in 3d makes it more challangeing but yeah it
could end up sucking some how.