( search forums )
Change fire rate
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
The Second One
October 31, 2003, 12:38 pm
Everybody know's this button from UT2K3, Cs, right?
Well to those who don't know : changing fire mode to single-burst-full auto.
That would come in handy in soldat. For example you could fire desert eagles like left-right-left-right, not at same time. And on Automat Kalashnikov .74 you could shoot as bursts (would be really good when playing realistic)[8D]

Comments & ideas please.

3rd_account
October 31, 2003, 12:58 pm
Would be cool

bLaStEr
October 31, 2003, 1:14 pm
Yes it would be cool!... *maybe i should start counting how many times this has been posted*

Spitzfiya
October 31, 2003, 3:59 pm
OMg I want the deagles to fire left right left right...THAT WOULD BE COOOOOLLL!!!

n00bface
October 31, 2003, 4:12 pm
Yes, and have it show two seperate clips of ammo for each one [:P]

Joe_Blow
October 31, 2003, 5:58 pm
In a realistic game when a machine gunner guns someone down using bursts (as so they should) it shows skill. If the single burst-full auto thing was implemented (which don't get me wrong would be cool)you wouldn't be able to seperate the experienced from the noobs.

NightCabbage
November 1, 2003, 9:45 am
Would be cool, but there are other threads with the same idea, post in those ^^

HC_ScubaSteve
November 2, 2003, 3:15 am
ive seen secondary fire posts but the thought of a button to switch fire modes never came to my mind...please put this in!!!!!!!!!!111111oneone

?
November 2, 2003, 3:37 am
its nothing to get excited about =/

Sharpshooter
November 2, 2003, 4:52 am
Machine guns need bipods.

SneakySniper
November 2, 2003, 5:49 am
would be alright.. not a huge deal though

frogboy
November 2, 2003, 10:10 am
And just what is a huge deal? Adding permanent names to people?

And to the original idea- as I've already said in another thread, this is a good idea.

R0L4ND
November 2, 2003, 4:33 pm
True, machineguns need bipods for added support while lying down (In reality, they dont actually absorb recoil, but for the sake of gameplay, why not here.). In reality, the FN M249 SAW only has full-automatic capability.
Automatics like the Ak74 for example has single, burst and full auto-capabilities (i think.).
OT: Furthermore, i think there should be a Beretta M93R as a sidearm.... (full-auto, baby!)

Sharpshooter
November 2, 2003, 5:19 pm
or a glock 18 (full auto as well)

CardBoardWarrior
November 3, 2003, 1:22 pm
lol yes glock 18..hehe or a glock 23..
but anyway, this is like my other idea, implmenting two more keys into the game. i thought maybe the - and + keys to change modes and stuf. and some ppl wanted to be able to change the power of the jetpack. go find the link yuorself :p