( search forums )
the afk that won the game.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
morpheus
October 31, 2003, 2:51 pm
i was playing a 4 vs 4 earlier with the score tied at 4 a piece, and as usual, my team had an afk. the guy that had the flag lost it, and as luck would have it, it bounced over into the hands of the afk. this guy is about 2 inches from the base flag and the other 2 are yelling "cap" for the winning point. well, it just wasn't going to happen. or so it seemed.

i told the other 2 to defend, and while they were defending, i was blasting away with my m79 at the afk, moving him what seemed like pixel by pixel towards the flag, while also trying to defend at the same time. when i finally had the afk within one more blast of scoring, a guy from the other team ran in and got our flag. i did one of the most marvelous shots i have ever made, killed him and returned the flag.

just as the flag spawned back at base, here comes another enemy ready to grab our flag. one beautiful shot was all it took, and i pushed the afk into the flag to win the game just a split second before the enemy could grab our flag.

n00bface
October 31, 2003, 4:19 pm
CoOOol, they got pwned by an afk guy.

CardBoardWarrior
October 31, 2003, 7:49 pm
sweet...

mak89gt
October 31, 2003, 9:33 pm
happened to me back in version 1.1.1, some months back, but not so dramatic, hehe.

n00bface
October 31, 2003, 9:35 pm
lol yeah -- "a guy from the other team ran in and got our flag. i did one of the most marvelous shots i have ever made, killed him and returned the flag."

eyic
October 31, 2003, 10:42 pm
lol morpheus, gj man ^_^

arC
November 1, 2003, 9:02 am
lol What happened when the afk guy came back, was he like "Huh? I did what? Oh yeah i rule! [:D]"?

NightCabbage
November 1, 2003, 9:58 am
lol sounds cool ^^

Dragon88
December 11, 2003, 6:14 pm
Man, some guys just get all the luck. My team always has 2 afks, and they never score.