( search forums )
Me, Ardaen.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ardaen
November 2, 2003, 1:49 am
Well, lets ask. Should I go away? Should I leave? I've received 3 hate e-mails in the last week related to soldat and been flamed on several servers when I join.

I keep getting told I'm destroying Soldat, so, have I been a bad thing or a good thing since I joined this community so long ago? I mean I have done bad things, and things I'd like to think are good.

Well, what do you all think? Do I deserve the hate mail?

(I'm still gonna finish my work yes, don't worry [:p])

Oh and a sidepoint, where are they getting my e-mail address from? I thought the only person in this community to have my real e-mail was Michal.

wormdundee
November 2, 2003, 1:58 am
why the hell do people do this crap, they have no right to send hatemail unless they could do a better job

Guil
November 2, 2003, 1:59 am
Take a gun, retrace mailers home, aim those fuc*** as*holes head and shot. :)

Stay here man.

Weed
November 2, 2003, 2:14 am
dont give a f*ck bout those idiots, u r getting the job done bettert than any o'em, so just send the a virus back :D
lol, ppl sending hate email to someone who is really doing something that would help them are totally ignorant, and u shouldnt even listen to them...
btw, keep up the good work ;)

?
November 2, 2003, 2:33 am
oops wrong email adress..

eyic
November 2, 2003, 3:20 am
its ok adrean just ignore them, people like that dont deserve to live in this planet anyhow

that fuking sniper
November 2, 2003, 3:53 am
Ard, lets get this straight, it seems like you cant: You've been one of the most constructive people to this community, you tried to develop the first anti cheat and you are taking care of the current lobby.

People propably flame you because they learned that you used to cheat? Or are pissed because you say that barret is a noob lame weapon, but then again, alot of people do, and they dont get flamed.

If people want to act like assholes let them, block their mail adresses and ignore them, I, for one, knew you for a long time, and you should stay in my opinion. Oh, did the people who sent you hate mail mention HOW you're destroying Soldat? If not, then they're full of BS, I'd love to hear their point, though, if they have a legitimate one.

BManx2000
November 2, 2003, 5:11 am
I think saying "you're destroying soldat" is going bit far, lol. I just think people are pissed because you are the man solely responsible for the delay of soldat 1.2 (correct me if im wrong here).

Ardaen
November 2, 2003, 5:27 am
That is ONE of the reasons to be pissed at me, yes.

Guil
November 2, 2003, 5:36 am
Bah forget those kidz! They are like babies;

baby- MOMMM! I want my candy

Mom- No my son.

baby- Give me my candy MOm or I'll kick your as*.

You have 2 choices, don't listen those babies or give what they want but if you give what they want, next time they will want more.

fabmanx
November 2, 2003, 6:43 am
HE delayed 1.2? Man i miss alot, and wtf is going on? Hate mails about what Ardaen?

Ardaen
November 2, 2003, 7:17 am
I'm creating a few extras for 1.2, like a new listserver. I'm taking a long time to do it as well. A very long time. Partly because I'm quite busy with school, partly because I've forgotten ect.

bLaStEr
November 2, 2003, 8:01 am
Ardaen your doing good job ^^
So those asshole [:-censored]ers who sent that hate mail will burn in hell!

Hercule Poirot
November 2, 2003, 8:51 am
nooo dont go away take your time...

palloco
November 2, 2003, 9:04 am
Ardaen, keep up on the good work. You can only be flamed by people who are stupid and do not have a life. You can do 2 things:
Do not care about them
Track them down and fu ck em. Then maybe they publicly flame you again to hack em and people will think twice before annoying you :).

Element_101
November 2, 2003, 9:08 am
I think school work and stuff Is a little more important than getting a

GAME OUT, A GAME PEOPLE.. who cares if its delayed it will be better than

ever hopefuly

Outcast
November 2, 2003, 9:58 am
[:-censored] them mother [:-censored]ers that send you hate mail rofl, sent it back haha...jus dun give a [:-censored] and youll be aight ^_^

?
November 2, 2003, 1:38 pm
sorry to offend you people, everyone is has their opinion on things

Retribution
November 2, 2003, 1:40 pm
If you think you can try maknig the ultimate ban list for the lobby to put in all soldat servers and find out that persons ip then get em banned from ever playing soldat ^^.If they want to bitch and bitch let them bitch but you wont be seeing them in soldat servers any longer ^^

SuperKill
November 2, 2003, 2:03 pm
lol holy sh!t.. stupid f*cking people.
just ignore them ;D

mak89gt
November 2, 2003, 2:26 pm
yeah, ignore them, youre doing a great job for soldat, keep up the good work!

ThaD
November 2, 2003, 2:58 pm
Use one of those: SpamPal 1.5, Spamihilator 0.9.7.1, k9 1.13, Pop file 0.19.1, SAproxy 1.2.1, IHateSpam 3.2.34 or other ;>

Ramol
November 2, 2003, 3:26 pm
Keep distance... It is only a game:D[:P] And ppl leave Ardaen alone he will work faster:D

SoldatStriker
November 2, 2003, 3:31 pm
Here's how I deal with criticism: First I consider the source of the criticism. Is it someone important, like a family member, or loved one, or is it just yet another punk kid on the internet whom I'll never meet?

Like it or not Ardaen, you will be criticized by bad people for doing good and criticized by good people for doing bad. What that critizism's worth, as discouraging as it can be, will rest solely on your desire to appeal to those people.

But there's no reason why they can't appeal to you. Why they can't recognize your efforts for what they're worth and get on with their own lives instead of holding you back, holding themselves back, by taking the time to criticize you as you work towards accomplishing your goals.

Personally, I think you should get back to work, not for the sake of Soldat, but for your own sake; because you working on something you enjoy doing is one hundred times better than paying any mind to the thoughts of the insignificants. And if you have any trouble thinking of them as insignificants consider that 3 hate mails out of 10,000 Soldat Players is rice in a rice feild.

Ardaen, it's time to deploy. That's an order, soldier! ;)

BMF
November 2, 2003, 3:57 pm
Now I know who's to blame for the delay of 1.2 !!

Aquarius
November 2, 2003, 5:20 pm
Ardaen! Don't waste your time on the forum! GO BACK TO WORK!!!

[;)]

EvilLaugh
November 2, 2003, 5:43 pm
You know what you should do Ardean, just get their IP's off the forum and add them to the banned IP list.

Thats enough to either make them beg for mercy and to apologise.

Remember its [:-censored]'s like people who send the hate mail are the kind of people you just dont want in the game full stop.

Marbire
November 2, 2003, 5:45 pm
The people who e-mailed you, obviously have sh!t for brains. Ignore them, and take your time on your work, making sure it's the best you can do. Don't worry if you're delaying anything. Everyone knows that delayed and quality, is better than quick...... and [:-censored]. :/

So anyways, you've done nothing but help this community, so you're not goin anywhere :D

Ardaen
November 2, 2003, 7:32 pm
Well, thanx for the support. As for banning them, no. Most of what they where angry about is true, and I'm not gonna abuse the ability to ban. I dont think I'm gonna even give myself that ability.

Frosty
November 2, 2003, 7:46 pm
I love you Ardaen.

Now, can you give me an estimate on when you will be finished? ;)

Kamikaze_Ninja
November 2, 2003, 8:57 pm
lol Frosty and I think they don't have ur email address just using the send email to link in ur profile. y do ppl do these thing i just dont get it...

frogboy
November 3, 2003, 5:40 am
Just trace their ISP/Mail and report abuse.

sqweek
November 3, 2003, 2:18 pm
You still rock, Ardaen :)

Spitzfiya
November 3, 2003, 2:50 pm
Tell them they are n00bs

BMF
November 3, 2003, 6:33 pm
dude, where the hell is 1.2 ??

people are quitting

Spitzfiya
November 4, 2003, 1:23 am
Yeah people are dropping like flies because Mike announced 1.6 to early.

AerialAssault
November 4, 2003, 2:50 am
plz stay, we love u

palloco
November 4, 2003, 8:26 am
"Yeah people are dropping like flies because Mike announced 1.6 to early."
False, people is quitting because 115 is buggy, just that.

morpheus
November 4, 2003, 8:46 am
well, it's mostly the newbies that are quitting, so no biggie. it'll take more than just a few bugs to make the die hard players quit, especially when knowing that something (hopefully) better is just around the corner.

carbon kid
November 4, 2003, 9:28 am
wtf u delayed soldat and u admit to taking a long ass time of course u deserve a bit of flack cant u hold it off til 1.21? plzzz

y0da
November 4, 2003, 9:30 am
Hmmm... go to work! Whatever... Btw. Ardaen, is Soldat your hobby or your all life?

Aquarius
November 4, 2003, 10:04 am
quote:Originally posted by y0da
Ardaen, is Soldat your hobby or your all life?

This is the most stupid question I have ever seen on the forum.

morpheus
November 4, 2003, 10:34 am
keep looking.. you'll find more worse than that

NightCabbage
November 5, 2003, 12:37 am
Ardaen - you're a damn smart guy, I don't need to tell you anything.