( search forums )
new secondary weapon: suicide bomb!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mak89gt
November 2, 2003, 3:40 pm
I thought it would be cool to have a suicide bomb, as a secondary weapon, which kills you as well as the people surrounding you, and the splash damage = 3 times that of grenade. Tell me if you like the idea.

R0L4ND
November 2, 2003, 4:29 pm
Sounds good, but i think that the power of the blast should be decided by how many grenades you have in you inventory. Each grenade supplies the suicide-vest with 2 additional grenades worth of power and 0.5 times the range of ONE grenade. The default blasting power (Meaning if you have NO grenades.) of the vest would be 1,5 times the grenades regular blast force and its normal range. If you have clusters instead of grenades, you get the same changing factors, but also an equal amount of cluster as the ones you currently have stockpiled in your inventory, totally. So 3 clusters give you like.... 15(?) flying clusters if you blow yourself up, 7,5x extra power and 3,5x range bonus.

Whadd'ya say? This does sound like a good idea to me.

SERIAL KILLeR
November 2, 2003, 4:54 pm
sounds good.
But what about the spawn killing in ctf?

R0L4ND
November 2, 2003, 5:30 pm
If you're referring to the fact that someone might shoot a suicider at spawn, my vote lies on no premature vest detonation. If you refer to suicide-wh0ring, ain't it pretty obvious that the blokes run out of men to blow up pretty fast?

ClanKwH
November 2, 2003, 5:52 pm
lol sounds cool running into a bunch of people and *BOOOOOM!*

3rd_account
November 2, 2003, 6:17 pm
Would be awsome as a powerup! Like you switch to it and press fire to activate it, but then you can't use other guns.

R0L4ND
November 2, 2003, 6:43 pm
Well, as a power-up? No. As a secondary weapon? Yes. I think it's balanced enough taht way. I mean, you dont have any secondary weapon, and you die while using it, so i think the cost is enough.

?
November 2, 2003, 7:27 pm
well it could be a bonus that onyl appeared once for each base in ctf and when your timer ran out BOOM, and in dm just 1 or 2 spawn during the whole match

bLaStEr
November 2, 2003, 8:23 pm
lol funneh, quess what I would use every damn time!? :)

y0da
November 2, 2003, 9:07 pm
1. Why mak89gt you don't prefer it is a command like brutallkill???
2. If someone get stucked in a polygon he wont use brutallkill.
3. If think that the animation gonna be like this (1 nade needed): the soldier swolow the nade, nade get stuckd in the throat, the guy dies, and he explode - the same power as grenade. [:D]
4. ... I write next time.

mak89gt
November 3, 2003, 12:21 am
Rol4nd: i do not mean it as to kill someone for spawn, youre sacrificing your own life. no, i only mean it to blow up someone who has been guarding the flag, and when they least expect it....
y0da: i didnt get you!

BManx2000
November 3, 2003, 1:16 am
This reminds me of the suicide vest on madness interactive... The guys wearing bombs explode when they die, so you have to be careful around them. I think this would be cool, although it would annoy knifers. I can see it now...

Kamikaze Ninja: *jumps out from bush and throws knife*
KN: STEALTH KILL!
Dude wearing a bomb: KABOOM!
KN: SPLAT!

BMF
November 3, 2003, 3:57 am
not a good idea

R0L4ND
November 3, 2003, 3:02 pm
The thing is, i DONT want it to explode if someone kills the vest-bearer!

qazwertred
November 3, 2003, 6:56 pm
I like this idea if the vest wouldn't be able to auto explode.

MisterX
November 3, 2003, 7:35 pm
Well, as a power-up? Yes. As a secondary weapon? No.
I think as secondary weapon it would be too anoying for the ones getting killed by it. you wal over it, and then your secondary weapon will be changed with the bomb. if it kills anyone 2-4meters around you, thats damn powerful..

3rd_account
November 3, 2003, 10:45 pm
Here's how I'd like to see it...
A person runs around like a idiot as any other soldier. Then he stumbles on a explosive vest-powerup, a few seconds later he runs on a box of nades, boosting up the explosion-power of the vest. He sees a enemy with his teams flag and press his nade throwing-button to activate the vest and has then entered the point of no return where he cannot use his guns or nades anymore.
When he feels like it, he will press the fire-button and blows up killing all stuff around him with a splash-damage area as large as two nades. If he gets killed before he pressed the button nothing will happen.

Chakra
November 3, 2003, 11:09 pm
I think we got enough suicide bombers with the m79 alone. Let's not more fuel to the fire, eh?

Still, top marks for daring an original idea.

Wills59
November 4, 2003, 8:44 am
How about this: As a powerup, lasts for 20 or 30 seconds, during which you can't fire you guns (only grenades).

If you press your main fire button during this time, you blow up, say x2 grenade power. If you are killed you blow up power x the number of grenades you have on you. If you were loaded with cluster bombs, you would set them off all at once when you were killed (cluster combo would not be avalible for suicide).

That would work.

eyic
November 4, 2003, 9:20 am
If this was to get implemented i'd say go for it as a bonus weapon, having it as a secondary would annoy everyone, coz EVERYONE would use it, and just run up to somone and "BOOM!" geez, ui'd hate it if im just about ot kill somone and then they suicide, so i dont get a point... it just pisses me off, :P

Hercule Poirot
November 4, 2003, 9:31 am
Don't like this idea :/

LiL_FuKa
November 4, 2003, 11:35 am
I like it I suppose. But I agree with eyic and the others who said- "Not as a secondary weapon"

R0L4ND
November 4, 2003, 12:11 pm
ok, ok, maybe not as a secondary, but as a powerup which replaces your sec. as long as you live one life in the game. NO timer, though, and the same formula which i suggested to boost it up.