( search forums )
Pass the flag button..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LiL_FuKa
November 2, 2003, 6:40 pm
This has be suggested before no doubt, but it jsut came to my mind now so--

I think it would be cool if there was a button that you could press to get rid of the flag and pass it to someone else on ctf games. There are times when you just don't want it. Like if you were holding it, you could drop it at your base, and go help your team mates return your own flag, without the risk of losing the flag itself. Ofcouse it could be stolen like that, but what the hell. This could also be used to give someone else a chance to cap instead of you (young noobs who moan cos they never score)

?
November 2, 2003, 6:44 pm
no then people would be passing the flag so much that know one could find the carrier, besdies just type /kill and let someone else pick it up

LiL_FuKa
November 2, 2003, 6:51 pm
Hmm maybe, but being able to pass the flag to each other would as you said make it harder for the enemy to retrieve it. Is that such a bad thing? I think it would make ctf more challenging, and not everyone would be willing to pass the flag anyway.

bLaStEr
November 2, 2003, 7:06 pm
Lol, like me I usualy "want to keep the flag" *coz It's fun to camp then xP heh besides good idea just not sure if it would work :/

Wills59
November 3, 2003, 12:44 am
Not a pass the flag option, but 'drop the friggin flag' command. i've often wished for such an option.

BMF
November 3, 2003, 3:59 am
pass the flag button is not a good idea. Its just another option to exploit the game

less complicated things are - the better

LiL_FuKa
November 3, 2003, 1:27 pm
Pass the flag, Drop the flag.. I meant the same thing really.

bLaStEr
November 3, 2003, 1:32 pm
but wont that mean then same as /kill? :P

LiL_FuKa
November 3, 2003, 4:43 pm
Yes, but it would be faster, less risky cos you could pick it up straight away again if you wanted to, oh and hmm here's one- YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO KILL YOURSELF, AND SPAWN ALL THE WAY AT YOUR BASE IF YOU DROPPED IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP FOR EXAMPLE.

Jeez.

Hitman
November 3, 2003, 5:33 pm
If you think about it the idea is ok, cause if you are dying and there is no health then you can drop the flag so one of your team mates can pick it up. But I am sure that some twat will just drop it where its almost impossible to find, and then what do you do...

Chakra
November 3, 2003, 5:49 pm
I dunno man...it's a good idea in theory, but at the end of the day you're just passing on a burden that the flag stealer should accept from his own doings.

BMF
November 3, 2003, 6:37 pm
i agree with Hitman

LiL_FuKa
November 3, 2003, 6:57 pm
Yeah well whatever. It was just a thought.

Wills59
November 4, 2003, 4:09 am
The only problem would be people who go and hide the flag. but that wouldn't matter because it doesnt take long for the flag to respawn. You can throw your weapon away, you should be able to do the smae with a flag. It would really improve the teamship element to have one person go get the flag, and have someone else standing by to take over from the shot up guy. The new flag carrier would be announced when he picked up the flag.

NuZZ
November 4, 2003, 6:10 am
Helps when trying to train soldats, :)
Agreed 100%!

eyic
November 4, 2003, 6:20 am
i love this idea, I dont think it would bring any harm, oh and hitman that wont matter, i mean i'd rather somoen drop the flag and let it spawn back at the enemy base than somone holding on to it and hidign in a map bug, while he wont ever come out, thats what I hate...

Wills59
November 4, 2003, 7:58 am
yeah, thats for sure !!!!

I can't see any negitive attributes, apart from rely races with the flags...

maybe a command could be put in that said if you traded the flag more then 2/3 times, it would re-spawn?

Hitman
November 4, 2003, 9:06 am
Oh yeah, eyic I forgot that it automatically respawns back to the base, but it would still be anoying cause you would have to wait for it...

LiL_FuKa
November 4, 2003, 5:11 pm
All I can say is, why not implement it? But Michal will probably never read this post. So it's all for nothing really. Hercule made a topic about this actually.