( search forums )
NEED MAJOR HELP! ~!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
gi.joe
November 3, 2003, 6:13 am
ok so this is the setup...

a few days ago whil in the middle of an online soldat game, my comp suddenly [:-censored]s up with an error message popping up in the middle of the game....(im not sure what the exact name of the error was but wil get bak to u on that one).. neway...after rejoining games and after a lot of comp restarts i decided to bugger it and just dl soldat all over again... easy as pie right?... wrong~!~

so i dl soldat 1.1.5 aswell as the fix....
install it etc etc right folders and stuff.... but now i cannot request any servers despite having replaced the lobbyservers.txt stuff with the new one...

i click on request server... and it just comes up with a box saying that lobby server isnt responding... i then reinstalled soldat again! including the 1.1.5 fix... but still lobby server not respondin... i know that it was working for other pple at the time cus my mate was online...

I NEED HELP OR I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE UP SOLDAT FOR GOOD~~~!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

anyone got any sugestions or solutions to this problem? any help wouldbe worth its weight in gold and much appreciated

thanx alot

[:-weepn][:-weepn]

R
November 3, 2003, 6:18 am
umm you can always get ASE and use that to join servers...and i'm just wondering but are you sure the lobby.txt was set at lobby.safeland.org?

gi.joe
November 3, 2003, 7:07 pm
yeah i changed it to that one..
whn i TRY to dl ase... i get the ase installer thing... but then it keeps saying setting up connection... and doesnt actually start downloading ase..!~~

neideas how to fix?\

NightCabbage
November 5, 2003, 1:15 am
hmmmmmmm.... I had that problem when I was internet connection sharing, I think. It would never actually download ASE... lol

Perhaps the lobby was down at that moment?

go here, and tell me what you see
http://lobby.safeland.org:31313/

And in your lobby_servers.txt, make sure it says EXACTLY:

lobby.safeland.org

With NOTHING else in it at all

Tell me about your setup, networking, internet, etc.

gi.joe
November 5, 2003, 5:42 am
when i went to that site i say this long list of server ips with flags next to them and map names etc etc etc

i put the lobby ip to EXACTLY that... still not responding..

im on a cable connection...i have a network with 2 other comps on it...

i have a firewall:
Norton Internet Security
what else u want to know?

can u configure the scanning in ASE or some sht like that?

this is a major problem

NightCabbage
November 8, 2003, 5:58 am
*replied to your PM

:)

gi.joe
November 8, 2003, 6:06 am
yea but still no use
:(