( search forums )
New Mode Suggestions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Wills59
November 4, 2003, 8:33 am
First off, my apologies if these have been suggested before, i attempted to look for them, but the search utility seems to be down.

Rabbit
Just like Tribes 2, There is a white flag in the sneter of the map. who ever has it is 'the rabbit'. Everyone else tries to kill him. If you have the flag, you run (and maybe hide)

As long as you hold the white flag you accumulate points. Only the rabbit can earn points (or perhaps only the rabbit, or whoever kills a rabbit).

This mode would only suit maze maps, or maps that have lots of corners, like ratcave, areana ect. Lagrange, areana2 would be too small for it too work.

Perhaps the person who holds the flag also has a regenerating health, just like rambo.

The difference between this and Ranbo, is it places enphasis on the skill of defence, rather then offence (at least for the rabbit).

Second suggestion: TeamHunters
Like Tribes 2 and Quake3 Team Arena, when you kill someone, they drop something. This somthing has to be taken to the enemey flag to be redeemed for points. Only by redeeming the somethings could you earn points. If you are killed, all the somethings you are carring vanish.

feedback?

y0da
November 4, 2003, 9:58 am
That first is like in Carmageddon TDR2000. But no, six mods is enough.

arC
November 4, 2003, 11:01 am
Even though you stated how Rabbit would be different to Rambo, its still a bit similar and i dont think Michal would implement that.

The TeamHunters idea i think is ok but sounds a bit boring, from that it made me think, how about, a poison game mode.

Every1 spawns with poison, so their health slowly depletes like when you run on spikes on bridge, but slower. And the only way to survive is to kill another person and they drop some antidote that was useless to them, but you can use it and it stops your poison for a while, until you can kill the rest of the people for more antidote, and the last one left, wins.

CardBoardWarrior
November 4, 2003, 12:29 pm
arc:nope a little too complicated and i think, stupid.

if there is going to be any changes in game modes then we shouldnt add more we should mod them or make more options for them.