( search forums )
GUI problem (was: big bug!!!!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
mad m75
November 6, 2003, 3:16 pm
I am a player 4 about a month. the game worked ok until this happend
i\o error number 1932
i reinstalled and it gave me
acces violation number bla bla
i did what site told me 2 do and then this happend this id how my game looks:
http://uploaded.fresh.co.il/3faa6429253e4f08.jpg
the dont show me now who i killed how 2 kick and all that need letters... plz help

(Subject updated - DNA.styx)
(copy paste link to new browser window to view it)

NightCabbage
November 8, 2003, 6:02 am
wow, that's a nice... er...

lol well...

Make sure you install it into the same directory you did before, sometimes it gets confused and loses the font file.

So are you getting any errors at the moment?

frogboy
November 8, 2003, 6:34 am
Try updating your Video Card Drivers, reinstalling DirectX, or if they don't work, reinstall Windows.

NightCabbage
November 9, 2003, 1:36 am
lol...

tomone
November 9, 2003, 7:17 pm
The same thing is happening to me! I just started playing again recently with an older version 1.0[something]. Worked fine till I saw there was an update. I uninstalled the old, installed 1.1.5 and the 1.1.5 "fix" and ended up with screens looking just like the one above. I managed to play the game (solo). Ran fine. Its just all the text is gone!

I'll work on it and post if I find a solution.

1.1.5 looks great though.
T~

tomone
November 9, 2003, 8:21 pm
OK, got it working. I didn't do any real trick. I just uninatalled (from the Add/Delete Program window), deleted the Soldat folder, reinstalled 1.1.5+fix and played without any changes to config.exe!

3 things I did differently:
1. I reinstalled onto the drive actually containing Windows XP (C:) insted of a supplementary drive I use for storage.
2. I installed to the C root directory (i.e., the default)
3. I didn't disable the intro screen. I let it play a little then hit <esc>.

I can't see how this would affect things but that's what I did. Maybe all the anti-cheat peculiarities require this setup? I don't know.
Again, good luck,
T~

NightCabbage
November 11, 2003, 12:39 am
tom - yes, I suspect the problem you were having is the font problem, or some such thing.

It would apprear that upon install, Soldat registers it's font file. And sometimes if it's not in the 'right spot' it won't find it.

Without the font file, the menu GUI stuff up :)

tomone
November 11, 2003, 1:50 am
Yea, likely something along those lines. I forgot to say that every time I start the program it throws up a screen of blocks much like the one posted in the link above for a few seconds before the screen goes into the intro/animation. THEN I hit ESC and THEN I get to see text. Makes me think that the problem is still there to some extent but the graphic mode reset thing (you know; the screen flicks to pure black, maybe a couple more flicks before actually displaying something, then does so again before switcking back to the desktop when you exit the program) resets the GUI text.

Hope this helps someone.

Great game, BTW. I think I'll be reg'ing soon.
T~

qazwertred
November 17, 2003, 10:57 pm
quote:Try updating your Video Card Drivers, reinstalling DirectX, or if they don't work, reinstall Windows.
I reinstalled Windows once when Soldat didnt work. Since then it has worked perfectly.