( search forums )
Soldat MP3 Announcer [registered version]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
n2j3
November 6, 2003, 4:13 pm
Ok i guess the subject title sums it up. I'm suggesting an mp3 announcer that will supplement the existing mp3 player and hopefully make registration a bit more enticing... [afterall if you got winamp/foobar2000/mp3 player you dont really need the in-built one]. It will read any Id3v1/id3v2 tags from your selected mp3s and display them in 2 possible ways:

1. Through the regular chat-function; i.e. it would appear as [soldatnick]np: artist - title /duration . There is a danger of mp3 spamming but a simple timer would set a minimum time between the announcements [e.g. 45 secs] , preventing spam.

2. Similar to the above, but limited to the user's screen.

Whachoo think?

FragBait
November 6, 2003, 4:17 pm
Sounds good to me

b00stA
November 6, 2003, 4:22 pm
Spam.
Spam spam.

I don't care what you're listening to, especially while KILLING. Seems like you're on IRC and you should know that it's damn annoying.
Your second point.. isn't it already implemented? As soon as a MP3 starts playing you see the name in the console. ID3 tags? The filename is enough.

n2j3
November 6, 2003, 4:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Spam.
Spam spam.
I don't care what you're listening to, especially while KILLING.

oh dear some ppl take soldat too literally... you're not KILLING anyone boosta irrespective of what your friends might tell you.. you're just playing a game. As for your eloquently put "Spam Spam Spam" i already offered a solution to it. The mp3 announcer is meant to make registration more appealing that's all.. cuz between you and me, the mp3 player is pants.

[edit] removed sig

LiL_FuKa
November 6, 2003, 4:40 pm
Hmmm I don't like this either, sorry. I just think it would be a waste of space, even if not spamming to see what music people are playing. I mean it's a distraction, and also it's pointless.

NuZZ
November 6, 2003, 8:48 pm
er.... maybe
ok
Yes

Dragon88
November 7, 2003, 4:56 pm
I'd rather have a gameplay announcer, like in UT or Quake III.

*spooky voice*MASTA KILLA*/spooky voice*

Ya know how much fun that'd be?

toadsMoke
November 7, 2003, 9:05 pm
seems a little unnecessary

CardBoardWarrior
November 7, 2003, 9:44 pm
it would be ok but there are so many other good ideas michal will never have any spare time to implement this =/

n2j3
November 18, 2003, 2:04 am
h00ray for old posts!

c'mon people ... admit it, this request makes sense.