( search forums )
RM: ultra realistic field of view
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Aquarius
November 6, 2003, 8:12 pm
Realistic mode should be separated into several options (fall damage, field of view etc). It has been suggested before, I know, I know [:)]

I have an additional idea.

Ultra realistic field of viev: You can't see an enemy if he is behind you! IMO sneaking behind someone and backstabbing him with a knife could be funny [:D]

b00stA
November 6, 2003, 8:27 pm
I like it, but beginners might be confused by the combinations..

Frosty
November 6, 2003, 8:29 pm
Great idea! Would be a neat option for Realistic mode.

qazwertred
November 6, 2003, 9:52 pm
It would be great. I've always wanted to sneak into the enemy base (inf_warehouse).
This will make camping harder 2.

Dragon88
November 7, 2003, 1:16 am
I agree totally. I've thought about mentioning this on more than one occasion.

MgFalcon
November 7, 2003, 11:42 pm
hahahahaha... yeah that sounds awsome and it would be funny if you could get a black-jak and KO them, and then stab them LOL

edit: also there should be a ammo place like you can only have a certine ammount of ammo (depending on which kind of gun) and then you would have to go back to base reload and pick up more ammo

Urban2
November 7, 2003, 11:53 pm
Aquarius: Yes

MgFalcon: Definitely no

Aspa
November 8, 2003, 12:45 am
I'd like a feature where the areas you can't see are a little shaded out.. So you can see if there really isn't an enemy over that hill you're not sure you are actually looking over.

Hitman
November 8, 2003, 1:21 pm
Yeah, this is great Idea. I love it.

peemonkey
November 8, 2003, 6:47 pm
that's the smartest thing ive ever heard a frog say!! he should get a whole bunch of people to post here -like a petition! then michal might say"hmmm....good idea. time to eat ham"
i love it

-J.V.

frogboy
November 8, 2003, 10:35 pm
But, I didn't say anything. This is my first post in this thread.

Well, good idea.

MgFalcon
November 8, 2003, 11:50 pm
urban which part don't you like my superreal idea it's like is what you have to do in real life (talking about the ammo thing)

CardBoardWarrior
November 9, 2003, 12:47 am
lets get back on topic...i like this idea, and how about when they are just right out of your vision they get a little visible, kinda like pred mode but more visible than that...

Cr4cK
November 9, 2003, 9:42 pm
And there should be invincible poop grenades!

bLaStEr
November 9, 2003, 9:44 pm
YAY! I always wanted to do cool stealth knife kills :]

Cookie.
November 10, 2003, 3:52 am
cool ultra stealthy foot steps is cool but u should be able to hear them good if they come up behind really fast

frogboy
November 10, 2003, 6:33 am
I think they shouldn't be completely hidden, just around 95% transparent. And predators should be easier to see at close range.

eyic
November 10, 2003, 7:17 am
i'd love this idea ^^

Michal Marcinkowski
December 21, 2003, 10:01 pm
It wouldn't be hard to implement it. I'll make it and see how it plays. If it's good maybe I should make it a standard realistic mode view?

b00stA
December 21, 2003, 10:09 pm
Yay, go Michal :)

But making it the standard (or maybe only) realistic mode isn't too good imho.
I still want the normal realistic mode!

-SPI-
December 22, 2003, 12:36 am
This would improve realistic 100%. Yes. This is good stuff. The realistc mode as options is perfect.

Drama
December 22, 2003, 12:55 am
Add:
There could be fog of war also

kevith
December 22, 2003, 1:11 am
sneaking up behind somebody and slitting his throat would be awesome. That would make CTF way more strategic too... Have any of you ever played Hitman? It would be more like that... trying to sneak into the enemy base and make off with the flag without anybody seeing you would definitely require some skill.

elitentity
December 22, 2003, 6:50 am
I like the shading idea, and it might speed up soldat a tiny bit. Shade the parts where "you can't see". For example, C-Dogs, an old DOS game, has nice realistic field of view, except that it is too bold. Do something like that, soften it, and it would be perfect for realistic mode. btw, i'm uchihajeff, whom most of you probably never heard of, but i used to post a bit a long time ago.

Dragon88
December 22, 2003, 8:25 pm
I love this idea (as i have said before). So Michal, is this gonna make it to 1.2.1?

Malk
December 23, 2003, 5:35 pm
Thats a great idea.. Realistic will finally be realistic ;) And my friends won't own me so much in realistic :D

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 8:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
It wouldn't be hard to implement it. I'll make it and see how it plays. If it's good maybe I should make it a standard realistic mode view?

[:O] WOW! Does it really mean that something I requested a long time ago will be in 1.2??? NIIICE!!! [:D] Thanks Michal! [8D]

Yin_Starrunner
January 3, 2004, 2:32 am
Great idea

Alpha
January 3, 2004, 5:41 am
I agree, and another thing, in realistic mode when you fire your gun, it gos up due to recoil, but it should slowly move back down to it's orginal spot, most games do this now, it would encourage burst fire more i rekon :P

b00stA
January 3, 2004, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alpha
I agree, and another thing, in realistic mode when you fire your gun, it gos up due to recoil, but it should slowly move back down to it's orginal spot, most games do this now, it would encourage burst fire more i rekon :P

Hm.. so there's some magical, unknown power that moves your mouse cursor back down?
Yeah, go realistic mode ;)

sqweek
January 4, 2004, 6:32 pm
Err. Your soldier move his gun back down to take care of the recoil. No magic required.

In fact, recoil as it stands appears to be a little silly. Mind you, I've never fired a real gun, so I just have to talk theory :)
I'd expect the recoil for each shot to be relatively similar. ie, if you fire off a clip of 30 bullets, the recoil force is pretty constant over the clip. After you've shot a couple of bullets you are going to have a reasonable idea of the recoil, and should be able to counteract it.
I can't imagine why the recoil would increase as you fired longer :p

b00stA
January 4, 2004, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by sqweek
After you've shot a couple of bullets you are going to have a reasonable idea of the recoil, and should be able to counteract it.
Yeah. You should be able to counteract it by moving your mouse down >:P

quote:Originally posted by sqweek
I can't imagine why the recoil would increase as you fired longer :p

Maybe Michal wanted make it a bit harder for you to counteract the recoil.. or.. maybe the Soldier gets weaker every shot and he can't control it anymore?

Aquarius
January 4, 2004, 8:15 pm
OK, OK... let's talk about my idea. Isn't it great? Will it be implemented??? I hope it is in 1.2e already, but I don't know.
I AM SO EXCITED!!! [;)]

Chakra
January 4, 2004, 8:37 pm
Off the record..........yes
On the record.....yes.

its in the latest beta. It'll take some getting used to... by george, I hope this resparks an interest in real mode again.

muzzmastah
January 5, 2004, 12:14 am
Oooooh, fun. Now i can hide in bushes, then when some1 goes by, knife them YAY
I suggested this a hell of a long time ago, but it was in an "ultra-real" topic - it takes like 2 or 3 shots to kill. Also, silenced-weapon mods would work great - you pop them with an MP5-SD, they dont even know where you're coming from! I tried out making a silenced mp5 for fun on my comp and used a ghost recon sound, and it was cool. Some bot would be shooting at me and it was hard to tell where it was coming from: all i heard were clicks.
I agree with squeek - number of shots fired in succession should not impact recoil.

gunny
January 5, 2004, 2:46 am
i am bond, james bond

Gaah
January 5, 2004, 11:37 am
Um, Muzzmastah, wouldn't they be able to see your bullets? If they couldn't, would you be able to? Because you would need to, to see where they're going... Unless the bullets only start appearing when they hit the ground/when they're about to.