( search forums )
YABA : Yet another barret argument
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
n2j3
November 7, 2003, 1:39 am
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/n2j3/threesome.html

Here's the transcript of an irc convo between chakra Outcast and sv|Fingaondatrigga [sv|Trgr on irc]

A rather exhaustive discussion on barrets of all shapes and sizes. Read on. Comment here or whatever.

Guests : RuFio , jERm, koil and Weed.

[edit]
Disclaimer: It was converted to html and posted under the participants knowledge of course...

Weed
November 7, 2003, 2:13 am
LOL
that was so fkin great :D
"2204.47 Weed^Meister: now, for the power conceded to me by the martial court of Mongolia, i declare chakra as a barret hater... there for, he will never marry, or have sexual intercorse with any sniper!"
ROFL

wormdundee
November 7, 2003, 3:14 am
i thought this was a good part too

2206.55 jERm|2Wai|: pls tell me its not still about the barrett?
2206.59 sv|Trigr: no
2207.04 jERm|2Wai|: thank god for that
2207.06 sv|Trigr: its about the banana laucher
2207.08 koil`: ;p;
2207.09 koil`: lol

Texas Ranger
November 7, 2003, 3:38 am
AH, barrets... WHO NEEDS THERE BUTS! what happened to da good days, everyone was nice, no hacking, and everyone used non newbish guns.... I HATE NEWBS! man i love soldat WHEN THERE ARNENT BARRETS! can you tell i need anger management? :p

Weed
November 7, 2003, 3:59 am
i can tell u need to know the difference b'tween newb and noob
newb = new player
noob = idiotic player
barret = not a noobish wep
noobs use barret as they can use any other wep, and if u meet a skilled barret player... well, find a plave to hide.

BMF
November 7, 2003, 4:16 am
OK tell me this people. I put my beat up Chevy Lumina on a race track against a Porche 911. I am driving Lumina, and i am an awesome driver. Weed is driving the Porche, but he is a lousy driver (for the sake of the argument). After five laps he manages to come in first. Why?

Chakra: Weed won the race because Porche 911 is easier to drive than Chevrolet Lumina.

WHAT? Does that make any sense??! No, Porche is not easier to drive, Porche is better than Chevy Lumina.
NO BARRET IS NOT easier to use than any other gun. IT IS BETTER. What is so hard to understand? Put 2 + 2 together.
Yes, the barret is way over powered. But it is not EASY TO USE, thats why it is not a NOOB GUN. FFS people!!

Chakra i expected a better sense of logic on your part. I mean, honestly.

Weed
November 7, 2003, 4:24 am
LOL BMF, great example, for the record, im a lausy driver, if ye gimme a porch ill crash it in 30 minutes, i get speed high and get psycho and get it to 200 Kph and run over some old lady...

the thing is, barret discussions are getting old...

ThaD
November 7, 2003, 7:51 am
"|OutcasT|: which makes you a class A jerk." o.O thats why i love Outy

Barret has its own advantages and disadvantages, but its definitely not a noob gun

CbbLe
November 7, 2003, 9:21 am
well in the upcoming version, the big whiner chakra (whined constantly when we played yesterday), will get the barret completely useless as he wants...and ruger for example will be overpowered. So servers will this time be filled with rugers instead...hope you enjoy it "luv".
But then again I presume u have to change weapons because servers will be filled with rugers and u are a ruger yourself...since barret will be completely useless u will probably change to it so you can feel special and extra good once again......

MOOOOOOOOO!

I wonder if I made any sense in this (too early, but my point is STOP WHINING CONSTANTLY during play-time chakra...every single time u get killed by a barret u call him something and complains that it is a barret, maybe u should practice how you beat a "barretart" instead of just whine about it.)

palloco
November 7, 2003, 9:24 am
Damn, do not give such cars, I went with my old 20 years car up to 130 kmh in a place limited to 40 Kmh... and that's why 130 is the top speed. I do not want anything faster or I would be dead.

Outcast
November 7, 2003, 9:50 am
I so owned that whiner ^_^

Hercule Poirot
November 7, 2003, 11:21 am
come on don't be so mean to chakra :P

Tha Doggfather
November 7, 2003, 12:11 pm
yaaaaaaawn

Chakra
November 7, 2003, 2:07 pm
Oh crikey... [:I]

After reading through all that again, I suppose you're quite right BMF; barret isn't exactly an easy weapon and I did over-emphasise on that subject. But at the same time it's not exactly hard, is it? It doesn't take much to start getting significant results with most weapons, especially (hiss) barret.

And Cbble, luv, this isn't some personal mission of mine to sadistically torture all you pathetic players who always vouch for the safest and overly efficient means through a game. And come 1.2, when all of SV and the rest of the fools claim the ruger (or whatever works best) as their own simply because it gets the job done quickest, i'll be faffing about with a steyr or shotgun because I enjoy a challenge. I also enjoy a variety of styles and means to an end from my opponents, but I'm lucky to ever witness such a thing because of lazy fools like you.

CbbLe
November 7, 2003, 3:03 pm
"And Cbble, luv, this isn't some personal mission of mine to sadistically torture all you pathetic players who always vouch for the safest and overly efficient means through a game. And come 1.2, when all of SV and the rest of the fools claim the ruger (or whatever works best) as their own simply because it gets the job done quickest, i'll be faffing about with a steyr or shotgun because I enjoy a challenge. I also enjoy a variety of styles and means to an end from my opponents, but I'm lucky to ever witness such a thing because of lazy fools like you."

U never noticed we played entirely with autos for 2 maps and barrets for 2 maps when we played yesterday?

n2j3
November 7, 2003, 5:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe

U never noticed we played entirely with autos for 2 maps and barrets for 2 maps when we played yesterday?

Yep, i for one noticed that you dropped your barrets for once or twice in the game. But I also remember the timing; i.e. how on laos you started off with diverse weaponry and resorted to the god-forsaken weapon once you saw our 2-0 lead.... As outcast put it:

2139.57 |OutcasT|: i go to barret when i get pissed off....and mostly when its getting hard [...]

Anyway, dont want to spark off a discussion on an otherwise great match. I'm just saying...

Outcast
November 7, 2003, 5:41 pm
Nope, i used barret after i got shot with barret by the whiner himself chakra when i didnt even see him. Didnt care if we lost lol, am not sv d0h
Plus you forgot "and ONLY if they use barret" mhm....

CbbLe
November 7, 2003, 6:44 pm
"i.e. how on laos you started off with diverse weaponry and resorted to the god-forsaken weapon once you saw our 2-0"

well, I said in the beginning that we would use barrets on that map but they chosed different weapons anyway...then we all got to barrets. Laos is a better barret map than with autos...for example kampf is a better map for automatics than barret is if everyone in the team uses it.

R
November 7, 2003, 7:31 pm
you know what i think, outcast was right. If you are able to use any weapon well it is NOT a n00b weapon. if the barret has an advantage over another gun, so be it. nothing is stopping that other person from pulling out a barret of their own and using its "unfairness" against you.

btw i'd just like to point out that the only people that actually said something that made sense were Outcast and Weed (Lol), everyone else just complained that the barret is a n00b weapons and "easy to use". and all Koil did was "try" to put in insulting comments into the conversation and bash anyone who was on the "barret side".

if a gun is overpowered and gives another person an advantage over you, use it right back against them. Its lame asses like Chakra that complain and moan about barret being to overpowered instead of trying to dodge the shots and learn how to kill the people that use the barret. I'm guessing here that most people who moan about barret being overpowered either cant: use the barret, dodge the barret, or kill anything with the barret. the barret DOES take skill, most "n00bs" who use it either prone, crouch and shoot, or dont shoot in air at all, and even if they do they miss. Dont judge the barret on vets that know how to use it and constantly kill all the people who are too stupid to try and dodge it or go around it, at least look at how well n00bs use it. if you would look once in a while, you would see that they cant...the only "n00bs" that can kill constantly with the barret are ones that "camp" or go prone near the enemies base and spawnkill. there is a difference between using a gun well and using a gun. and as bmf said, its a better gun, not an easier gun.

so everyone who thinks the barret is overpowered should at least "try" and learn how to at least go a dif. path than the barret user is taking, learn how to dodge a little better, maybe learn how to play a dif. way instead of blindly jetting up in front of the barret camper and getting shot and moaning,"BARRET N000B, loser! go to hell1" try throwing grenades or something else.

i dont constantly use the barret and when i dont i dont find it hard at all to dodge the barret, throw off proners, or get past barret users. the only reason that i see that Chakra and Koil are mad are because they CANT. they CANT dodge the barret users. they CANT not get killed. my advice: learn how to play against the barret users before you automatically want to tone down the barret to make it easier for your sorry ass to kill them.

-R

Chakra
November 7, 2003, 7:58 pm
Ok....ok, I ask this question from the pickled-fresh noob within my heart: how do I out-do/dodge a barret user(s) all by myself?

BMF
November 7, 2003, 8:56 pm
R i am with you all the way baby. I don't agree with Cbble here, but only because he generally pisses me off.

Chakra, seriously chill. You start losing your cool.
Look at me. I use all weapons. Every single one of them. Its very simple, i take a weapon you kill me with. And go after you. If you use a barret, fine, i will own you with it. You use a ruger? Sure, bring it on.

And i dont usually use a barret in a DM, because its no fun. I would rather own everybody with a minigun or something.

Look at me, you know what you see. You see a bad mother, a bad mother.. Oh yea!

LiL_FuKa
November 7, 2003, 10:31 pm
Wow, great arguments on both sides.. I enjoyed reading that.

Weed
November 8, 2003, 12:11 am
hmmm
chakra: dodgin the barret aint that hard, just dont walk straight, move around like a blind rabbit. that way the sniper will go crazy, miss the shot, and be totally open for u to ruger it.
(is my noob advice good?)
the difference between a noob and a skilled barret user is actually really big, the noob will miss 3 of 5 shots, the skilled player may miss once, and not always, the truth is that i met barret great players on my short (?) soldat history, and cbble is one of them, and i never saw him proning, its just amazing to see him hit u from the air, that is actually really hard (for me i guess, im just a m79) and superkill, well, i never saw anyone from sv proning like noobs (maybe whining a lil :D) and i think there are players on sv besides Fara that doesnt use the barret... and they will also adapt to other weps...

btw R, how the heck did i made sence dawg? i was talkin crap like a tibetan monk on LA :D

Kamikaze_Ninja
November 8, 2003, 12:53 am
That was pretty amusing "koil`: outcast, i remember one of your posts at dnaforums, when you said the only gun who can take barret is.. barret" buahaha screw barret vs barret and dying 30 times all i need is a bunch of nades and a knife and im ready to die a million times only to let a sniper suffer that's what I do to make em switch weps, target snipers for the whole game if they use barret the majority of the time it's fun ^_^

R
November 8, 2003, 1:02 am
i just meant that u werent arguing stupid points like some people. you were jus pointing out little stuff and you didnt really care too much. ;p

BMF
November 8, 2003, 7:36 am
aww R and Weed are best buddies now

Weed
November 8, 2003, 8:28 am
no BMF, im still going out steady with you :D
(smartass)