( search forums )
How do i do this.......and this..........
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Kirby_106
November 7, 2003, 7:39 pm
How do i change my flame color?? Im talking about the fire when you jetpack!! Iv seen a person with pink fire. How do i do that? [:-dopey]

AND

How do i make a server and make it stay up?? Like all the servers! How do i keep my server up forever?? Does it cost money?? How much?? What programs do i need?? [:-dopey]

That will be all
[:-eyebrows]

BManx2000
November 7, 2003, 11:10 pm
For your second question, start soldat with the modifier -dedicated. So, when you run it it should look like this: c:\soldat\soldat.exe -dedicated
Actually, there should be a shortcut in the start menu that does this for you from the soldat install, called "soldat dedicated server". Click that, set up your server, and start the game. Now, there is a screen which shows you the chat log, the players and information about them, and some info about the game. In the chat box thingy, you can use server commands. You can also minimize the window, which will put an icon in the taskbar. Unfortunately, you can't actually play your own game without starting soldat again normally and joining your server. This causes lag when I do it, unfortunately, because of my bad comp. But it might not if you have a good computer, I don't know. The reason I stopped hosting my rambo server was because it stopped me from playing soldat myself. But anyway, on your first question, you have to mod the files "smoke" and "lilfire" in the soldat\sparks-gfx directory. I hope this helps :D

MgFalcon
November 7, 2003, 11:36 pm
ok i'll answer #2 in steps
1 start up soldat deticated server
2 make it the way you like it (the options the maps ect.)
3 press start
4 if you see a message thingy saying score and stuff you have done the right thing
5 now click minimize in the top right hand conner
6 start up normal soldat and look for you game in the lobby server
... ok your done

NightCabbage
November 8, 2003, 5:44 am
Well, to my knowledge, I was the first person to mod the jets (no reason, just no-one did lol)

There are 2 files that you need to modify, and both are in the Soldat/Sparks-gfx directory.
File 1: lilfire.bmp
File 2: lilsmoke.bmp

There's the ones I modded (blue, from the Cabbage mod):

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] lilfire.bmp583 Bytes

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] lilsmoke.bmp556 Bytes

You can edit them with any graphics program, even Paint ;)

b00stA
November 8, 2003, 1:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kirby_106
Iv seen a person with pink fire. How do i do that? [:-dopey]

Have you seen that on a screenshot or in the game? If you play online, all jet fire stuff looks the same. Maybe you mixed it up with blood flying around ;)

NightCabbage
November 9, 2003, 1:57 am
lol he probably saw it in hercy's bunny mod LOL