( search forums )
The warp hack (not how to do it)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
sickre
November 8, 2003, 5:25 am
I have been seeing this on basically all the service I have been playing on. Players seem to be warping around, like your viewing them with lag, and travel at about three times normal speed. Thus, they can get from one side of the map to the other in about five seconds, easily capturing flags. It seems to be a big issue, so I thought a thread dedicated to it would be a good idea. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next patch.

frogboy
November 8, 2003, 6:25 am
Speed Hacks or just 10 000 ping?

Did you get a screenshot? Or any names?

R
November 8, 2003, 6:28 am
i'm assuming this is either just the already known speed hack which has been prevented in next version, or just extreme lag.

kkazican
November 8, 2003, 10:38 pm
Why do people ask for a screenshot when all you see is a picture of a person? If anything you would have to post the battlelog so we can see how fast he is moving by how fast he captured and scored.

MgFalcon
November 9, 2003, 12:02 am
yeah i'v seen some of those people awile ago so can't remeber names

CardBoardWarrior
November 9, 2003, 12:56 am
how would lag make them go faster? wudnt it make em LAG, like GO SLOWER?

NightCabbage
November 9, 2003, 1:19 am
yeah but with lotsa lag they would flick around like buggery lol

Probably just the speed hack :/

sickre
November 9, 2003, 3:24 am
Its not lag - you cant screenshot it either, they just move laggily fast with no lag.

sickre
November 9, 2003, 3:34 am
Ok, I was just on the Utamaro server and there were THREE people speed cheating... this needs to be solved immediately, release 1.2!!

frogboy
November 9, 2003, 6:56 am
It probably just looks that way. 1.2 isn't being released until that server program is ready.

Hercule Poirot
November 9, 2003, 7:42 am
i have seen this cheat too its not lag in inf_outpost cheater was under bridge then he warped straight to flag other see this too and i know that wasen't speed hack it was something else this happend on m4d inf server cheater name was quantum tarantino if i remember right

Element_101
November 9, 2003, 9:39 am
The hax are spreading like fire on a dry grass

villekallio
November 9, 2003, 1:15 pm
I dont know if its a hack as it has happened to me twice... First time i was playing with bots on Krab and i just suddenly warped on top of the map. :O Other time I dont remember.

bLaStEr
November 9, 2003, 2:05 pm
heh... I know what the speed hack is :] & I did try it... :P & I found out that it will ingrease your ping.... but you cant see it yourself ingame, only the ping number like 460 ;D - it did that for me
besides the prog is meant to speed windows lol...

"HARHAR MORTAL FOOLS!"

3rd_account
November 10, 2003, 12:52 am
Ooh! Speed up windows, what prog is that? Seriously, my 600Mhz'er needs a trimming.

sickre
November 10, 2003, 5:28 am
hmmm NOW the truth comes out

Element_101
November 10, 2003, 9:33 am
Speed hack hey?? Lol

El_Mariachi
November 10, 2003, 10:51 am
Is it just me or has the speedhacking dramatically DEcreased the last couple of weeks? I havent seen one in a long time. I heard of ppl hacking endless ammo and jetfuel, any1 heard of that other than me?

/Mariachi|2Wai|

Weed
November 10, 2003, 11:55 am
well, if DNA is looking at this...
i saw a speed hacker on DNA server.
it was yesterday.
the guy was called [:-censored] (or whatever that animal is writen)
and he was like, who cares, im cheating, what u gonna do.
other ppl who were there can also tell u... just check that out :D

([:-censored] by DNA.styx)

3rd_account
November 10, 2003, 1:05 pm
Weed, post it in the DNAgames-thread and Mr. Deoxiribonucleic Acid will take care of it.

HouZe
November 11, 2003, 2:56 pm
i've seen it, it's like the user gets in and out of the servers, but he can move around the map at will

DNA.styx
November 11, 2003, 8:49 pm
(thread locked)

Lets not give any of these cheaters publicity. I've been banning all speed hackers from the dnagames server as I find them.