( search forums )
medevil mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MgFalcon
November 8, 2003, 11:59 pm
Yeah medevil mode would be the same as anygame but with out guns, jet boots, ect. and to replace them would be medevil wepons (a bow can be used but it won't be as power full as in rambo match cause he uses a compound bow which is alot stronger than ones that they had back then) there could be like battle axes, and swords, and all other things they had back then, and a shild or something would be like a secondary item and could switch the nades with black power or something, i know theres alot of flaws but just post and tell.

koil
November 9, 2003, 12:03 am
hmm.. sounds good to be honest, i see some flaws in there (as you mentioned), but evrything can be solved in the right amount of time.

me likey.

CardBoardWarrior
November 9, 2003, 12:16 am
Sounds cool, it's like a whole new world...

Chakra
November 9, 2003, 12:18 am
hmmmm...medieval mode. Crossbows, bows, javelins, catapults ...interesting, but as for melee battles, the only way I could imagine it could be implimented into something as graphically simple as soldat would be a sword and shield with a secondary fire. Fire to swing your sword, which opens you to attack, and secondary to block.

..but then again, it could be argued : why not make a completely new game?

CardBoardWarrior
November 9, 2003, 1:17 am
lol yeah maybe that would be easier
"SOLDAT: Age of Knights" or some lame name like that would fit

peemonkey
November 9, 2003, 3:17 am
oh my god! people actually said that this might be a good idea! what the heck is medevil? do you mean medieval?

frogboy
November 9, 2003, 6:40 am
Make a new game, and call it whatever knight is in Polish.

Sharpshooter
November 9, 2003, 6:41 am
Lol. A 2d side scrolling slash em up multiplayer game. I love it.

palloco
November 9, 2003, 9:49 am
WOOT, it would be nice. I support it, I will change my chainsaw for a double edge axe.

NuZZ
November 9, 2003, 10:21 am
I love this, but, unfortunatly, MICHAL! POST HERE IF You READ THIS!
Its not going to get to Mich if he doesn't read it, post many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many
MANY replys so that 1 day, Mich might consider it. Even know it has "Flaws".
---
One thing is it would very much suit soldat, this is a Gorey game, and well, battle axes, COUGH! They are quite gorey. Medeval <-(EVAL, not evil)is jiust perfect for this game, and my god, this will be very very popular. Early times are very popular these days, the modern stuff is "Boring", because we allready know of it. Early and Future are perfect for a game, because you have less limits to modern. THANX! You better of read all of it! I KILL U! :)
Angian, thanx fo your time.
-NuZZ!

b00stA
November 9, 2003, 11:33 am
From the Soldat FAQ:
quote:10. Could you make a mod with fantasy elements (like mages, potions and magic)?

What the hell are you?
He doesn't mention medievil stuff but I think you can guess that Michal doesn't like those kinda mods.

We're talking about SOLDAT.

R0L4ND
November 9, 2003, 4:53 pm
What the [:-censored] is a "compound bow"? Its called composite, last time i checked.

CardBoardWarrior
November 9, 2003, 5:36 pm
o wanna bet?

[EDIT]
http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm

NuZZ
November 10, 2003, 9:58 am
lol, um yeah, but not magic, just HELL YEAH Axes and weapones like sword ETC!

frogboy
November 10, 2003, 10:25 am
And you get magic fairy wands!!! (j/k)

Composite and Compound are either different bows or different names for a bow.

LumpyFerret
November 10, 2003, 11:42 am
it would be really cool to set up armies against eachother..where you could select a class..

mele guys could go up front and duke it out with the other dudes, whilst you could have archers behind shooting over there team mates and onto the other team,
and wizards could conjure stuff to fight eachother / maby even shapeshift into stuff..

wheee...and if you picked up armour it would look sweet.

Chakra
November 10, 2003, 3:12 pm
and instead of jetboots...springs!!!!!! [:-ouch]

bLaStEr
November 10, 2003, 4:06 pm
hmh... Axe would be nice for another almost useless weapon like chainsaw but anyhow anything else in here is total crap :]

LiL_FuKa
November 10, 2003, 4:21 pm
Ever heard of the game called "Age of Empires" ?

Mini Man
November 10, 2003, 9:11 pm
YEAH! sounds great i would love it but not magic magic = stupid idea! Yes i have heard of age of empires but thats totally differnet u control the people but its not the same! u have to build a civilization but soldat is KILL STUFF I LIKE IT ALOT! no spring boots though

HAPPY KILLING

Lizard787
November 10, 2003, 11:00 pm
ive heard of age of empires i even played it 1ce

wormdundee
November 11, 2003, 12:09 am
composite and compound are exactly the same, compond just isnt used as much

its name comes from the fact that when they were first made they were made with 3 different materials (wood, bone, and sinew)

the modern composite bows are made of synthetic materials that are better than wood bone and sinew, so there ya go

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 11, 2003, 1:28 am
bah, i thought compound bows were called such becuase they are a different type modernized bows with a different shape and string config. composite bows were named such because when they were produced in ancient times they used different materials such as bone and sinew all put together in a fashion that allowed more power and accuracy, as well as range. i might be wrong though, correct me if i am.

MgFalcon
November 11, 2003, 5:51 pm
the bows today are alot stronger today than the ones they had back then cause the modern ones have all these pullys and stuff on it and the string is wire, but anyways i thank every1 for posting i don't think i have had a post go on for so long, so i want to know what one of the people in charge think of this

Deleted User
November 11, 2003, 6:56 pm
but.... this is war, submachine gus, bazooca, machineguns, granades!!! nots a history medieval!!!
or make same MEDIEVAL MOD

MgFalcon
November 11, 2003, 11:31 pm
uhhh... swatdeath war back then was only with swords, axes, ect. unless you had a time machine and gave every1 wepons of today, lol total chaos! but anyways they fought there wars without guns and even today marines can buy swords (i bet they hardly use them) do you see my point now?

Sharpshooter
November 12, 2003, 2:01 am
Your forgetting catapults and crossbows. SG of this mode should be catapults. That would be truly awesome.

MgFalcon
November 12, 2003, 10:44 pm
oh, and fire arrows which light you on fire so you burn to your death but that might have to be in the power up thingy and maby one of the maps could be 2 forst next to each other and theres a pit inbetween with spices... maby

R0L4ND
November 13, 2003, 5:21 pm
Ballistas and mangonels to replace the M2. If modded into a perfectly medieval game, this could be bitchin' cool. On the other hand; Is it possible to separately install mods paralell to the original Soldat-installation, or is overwriting the only possible way?
A melee-orientated mod with slower-moving characters and fencing-system (LMB attack, RMB block, block covers a ยด45 degree radius where it is deployed, protects against melee attacks only.) would definately kick ass, so if someone feels tempted, give Michail a shout for the source code. If this gets anywhere, I volounteer for a sound technician!

(Got a bit carried away?)

LiL_FuKa
November 14, 2003, 4:03 pm
This sounds too complicated to make it look good and playable just by modding. You'd have to re-create the game.

Ivan0
November 14, 2003, 8:53 pm
well if soldat ever becomes really modable this might happen, otherwise its a no-no :(

MgFalcon
November 14, 2003, 9:11 pm
soldat is already modable there are more than 1000 mods made for it already (i think, who can keep track?)

Sharpshooter
November 14, 2003, 9:24 pm
They are mods that modify the sound and graphics not the gameplay. Gameplay can't be altered at all as of now.