( search forums )
Custom Skins?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
LumpyFerret
November 18, 2002, 11:51 pm
I was wondering if it was possible to create a bit map for custom skins.
I would like to create a sort of army camoflage skin.
I thought of making a bmp and putting it as a colour but it wont work.
Can anyone share some advice?

MrKhan
December 7, 2002, 2:50 pm
*MUHAHAHA*

alexicon
December 10, 2002, 3:10 pm
that would really be a good idea that amry idea maybe something to tell the official soldat creators

LumpyFerret
December 12, 2002, 8:48 am
so far my weapon skin modding attempt is going sucky.
my gun fires out from the middle now......argh

Outcast
December 12, 2002, 9:14 am
[:D]

Abortion
December 12, 2002, 10:59 am
Lumpy - It fires out the middle because you have altered the weapon graphic forward beyond where the firing graphic is. Open both graphics and mentally lay the 'fire' over the weapon. The firing graphic should be aligned w/ the end of the gun or wherever you want the graphic. The one problem you may run into is that the fire.bmp and -fire.bmp are shared amongst guns w/ identicle lengths, so whichever position you choose must satisfy all the guns that use that specific graphic. knowhatimsayinhomie?

About the camo-skin: The body part files are very very small and most (excluding the boots) only work as a shaded container as far as coloring goes, meaning the color you choose in the game is placed over the different parts (lower body, upper body). So really all you can do is use whites/grays/blacks (if you want to sustain the in-game chosen color) on the body part files which will basically result in tinting the clothing color, but as I said the files are so tiny, it would be hard to make a noticeable change such as camoflauge.

Hope thats not too confusing

LumpyFerret
December 13, 2002, 12:10 am
Naw its cool...... ive given up on the body parts bit..... exept i REaaly want my AUg to look like an m16.... so i think ill just keep it...... ive set the gun too low and too far forward so it fires out of the top of that little triangle bit.......
I think ill just keep it as it is........

MrKhan
December 14, 2002, 11:36 pm
your m16 is really cute , why not many a lumpy cute mod while you are on the road?

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2002, 12:52 am
Hmmmm......how would i do that...... make ferret guns?
My modding abilites go as far as changing gun appearances...
No real coding attempts...
I should download some other peoples mods to get an idea of the extent of changes that can be done...
Or i can be lazy and give someone my ideas for a mod and let them do the work and take the credit for it.....