( search forums )
Warping ? Lag??? type stuff
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
November 12, 2003, 4:05 am
i just fresh installed my pc with xp (but apart from that no changes) and i seem to be haveing a few problems (that i dident have b4)
i get realy good pings (15-40) instead of (50-100) but now i get kind "left behind"
The game runs super smooth but i sure what is happening in the game is not what i can see on my screen because i can spend an ages knifeing some camper buy standing right infront of him! and then a bit l8r i die at some random place and half the time with no reason!!
also i tend to spawn in some odd plases (ie mid map, diff flag or anywere)
im also geting massive chat lag (3mins till up)
im realy stumped tryed fiddleing with every thing and im just lost
so if anyone can think of anything or has had simmiler please post caus "im missing some arse kicking ! damit"

Squal
November 12, 2003, 10:50 am
firewall?... maybe its a bug?.. maybe the other people lag like poop thru a straw

cooz
November 12, 2003, 12:54 pm
u have realy nasty problems, in next version netcode is faster almost 50% - maybe it'll help with your problems, so just wait for releasing v1.2 ;)

NightCabbage
November 16, 2003, 8:39 am
For the record, no, it's not almost 50% faster, nor is it claimed to be ;)

Zaphod - sounds like mega super hyper lag.

But with pings that low... hmmm... perhaps it is lying to you. eg. I used to join a server (1.2) and it said I had 33-66 ping, when I had well over 400.

But either way, check to see if everything's as it should be. I'm guessing you didn't have this problem before the format?

Stef
November 16, 2003, 12:22 pm
I've got the same problem [:-weepn] just played soldat for the first time and ended up uninstalling it becsue of the yber lag. On servers with 2-3 players its normal (20-50) and when the 4th player joins it jumps to 600 and does that warpy thing.
I actually just registered five minutes ago looking for help for the same problem

*Edit* Ok got it! I turned off Zone Alarm (the firewall) and everything worked fine! Now to jsut find a way to play without turning it off all the time [:D]

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
November 16, 2003, 11:57 pm
errr well i had absouley no problems before i formated (apart from owning winME :) )
im not sure if its lieing to me or not bacause the game runs super smooth and then after about 1-2mins it just loses track of whats going on (or thats how it seams)

might be my firewall ive had to put on the dreaded ZoneAlarm [:(!]cause macaffe tryed to kill my pc with background progams

also this 50% thing theres some post (right near the bottom)here -> http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=7455&whichpage=1
<-so i dont know if its true or false now but i guess Mr Cabbage knows best (cause i bet hes got a dammed copy) :) so Ture or False ??.

anyway its realy annoying cause now i see how the wrong map bug isent all that bad :( so i hope i dont have to wait for this "mithical" 1.2 :) to get back to soldat beacuse quite frankly athough its not prefect its "A F`ing Good Game"!

btw
1.2 "the new goverment conspiricy" "shhh! its a secret" [:P]

Texas Ranger
November 17, 2003, 3:23 am
Check your connection, not at home, but if ur using cable like i am (Road Runner became faster) they came in suped up my connection TOO MUCH so i could not do [:-censored] with it, go to this site and check ur speed http://www.houston.rr.com/speedtest/speedtest.html

frogboy
November 19, 2003, 10:49 am
Don't use ZoneAlarm, XP already has a firewall. Just keep that enabled.

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 2:37 am
One thing to keep in mind:

A 56kbps modem runs at around 7 KB/s

When connections are talked about and advertised, they are measured in 'kbps (kilobits per second), but as far as you're concerned, that's useless :)

Most people like to talk in kilobytes (KB)

To convert, simply divide the number by 8 (there are 8 bits in 1 byte)

eg. I run a 1.5Mbps ADSL connection, which runs at around 180KBps max.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
November 28, 2003, 6:34 am
Ahh thank you oh knowlageable one :)
well its seems to be getting worse now when i spawn its random (i mean REALY random other team,roof,in walls & others) and i can run around ok (still unable to kill be killed) then i get splated at (what i guess0 is my spawn point

i meen if its lag its unlike any lag ive ever seen b4

umm xp firewall i trust less than zonealarm :)

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
December 8, 2003, 12:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stef
I've got the same problem [:-weepn] just played soldat for the first time and ended up uninstalling it becsue of the yber lag. On servers with 2-3 players its normal (20-50) and when the 4th player joins it jumps to 600 and does that warpy thing.
I actually just registered five minutes ago looking for help for the same problem

*Edit* Ok got it! I turned off Zone Alarm (the firewall) and everything worked fine! Now to jsut find a way to play without turning it off all the time [:D]
` YEP THATS SOLEVED MINE TO [:D][:D][:D] dunno why ur post dident show up till alot l8r (for me anyhow) anyways thats the sorce of the problem
now i wonder if anyone can figgure out why zone alarm and soldat hate each other (prob ture vector but i dont know)
and if anyone chould post any possable sollutions to zone alarm
that whold totaly rock :)
anyway "" IM BACK "" [:-devil][8][:-devil]
mmmwaaahahahahah!