( search forums )
Waypoints
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
The_pope
November 19, 2002, 1:21 am
Ok i made a map involving a heavy bunker with 3 different gun points and a trench. I want some of the bots to stand still in those positions and have otheres advance, how do i do it?? I looked at the map Bunker but it didnt really help...

paranoID
November 25, 2002, 7:45 pm
Try the following:
Do your normal waypointing so the bots walk right through the place where you want them to stand still (while making sure that there is a waypoint in exactly that position(let's call it special waypoint)) then place an additional waypoint somewhere in front of that special waypoint. That waypoint has to contain no directional or flying actions at all. Then connect the special waypoint with the newly created waypoint (so that there are two lines coming out of that special waypoint). The bots will then randomly choose one of the two paths, that is do nothing or walk the normal way. You can't influence how many bots stand still though, it's random...

ArcWolf
November 25, 2002, 8:01 pm
Nice pathing tip Paranoid. You should crank out a good map with good pathing and try out for SMG. We need another dedicated Bot pather. Take some of the load off of me :)

If you think you are up to it, head over to this post
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=771

paranoID
December 3, 2002, 6:05 pm
I'll do some more maps when the new version of soldat is out... and I will try to apply for SMG soon after that!

K- Dumdum
December 22, 2002, 12:54 pm
i cant get the waypoints to work at all...

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 1:54 pm
u have to create the waypoints & join them by holding shift. read the map making maual!

Piglet
December 22, 2002, 9:48 pm
theirs a lot more to waypoints then connecting them!

Really their not too difficult to do well, just have a look at the boards (thats how i learnt) and then mess around a lot, you should get it quite quickly

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 9:53 pm
quite quickly, i was just giving the basics man.....
but u should download a map, and see how the waypoints are done
or just read the map making manual, properly!