( search forums )
lstyd
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
November 13, 2003, 10:58 am
big problem i have...
i have 56k modem, i have 400 MHz cpu, 192 MB SD RAM, 2 GB virtual memory, win ME, AND ALWAYS when playing soldat online OR not online when i play and exit to main menu or being kicked for bad piung OR just kicked coz of "wrong map version" soldat just freezes, it wont go to main menu, it wont load anything it just freezes an i need to restart PC, and since i play almoust every day... i piss off when in 10 minutes i need to reboot 5-7 times my PC coz of that!

author of game dunno what is the problem so he suggesed me to say this problem on forum...
so if anyone has ide how to fix it then say it!

i have debug mode set to 0
i have unchecked file logging (if that can choke my memory or something)
but it still blocks/freezes...
help needed ASAP

MonkeyHead79
November 13, 2003, 7:58 pm
Hmm... I don't have any experience with WinME, but have you tried the game in both windowed and fullscreen modes?

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 16, 2003, 12:26 am
well i think your first mistake was getting Windows ME, as it is notoriously known as the buggiest version of Windows that ever existed.

a possible way to circumvent this problem is:
instead of "exiting to menu" when you want to stop, just hit alt-f4, terminating the game and skipping the menu screen altogether. join games by using ASE (All-Seeing Eye, just download it on the net by searching for it).
and don't play servers that are running the linux version of the server until 1.2 comes out and fixes it.

but in all reality, i really don't know whats wrong, i suggest you wait for his uber-l33tness nightcabbage to come in and bestow upon you his infinite stupidity. wait, i mean intellect. ^_^

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:09 am
No idea if you're gonna still be here now but I'll post this anyway lol

I'll make it brief...

So, whenever you end up at the join menu after playing, it freezes?

November 28, 2003, 10:50 pm
that is true, but not always, but very very often, itz like randomized event... sometimes i can exit from game 3 times, sometime 6 times, and then it freezes, but sometimes from 1st exit it freezes, dunno the reason, author dont know the reason...