( search forums )
The infiltration maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
November 14, 2003, 2:23 am
They're certainly varied and very interesting, but they do have their faults that could do with addressing.

Outpost has a stationargy gun that renders red team very helpless. The area around this SG and outside red's spawnpoint could also do with more places to take cover from campers, as it often ends up an unbreakable bottleneck.

Fortress is a grand idea of a map, but i imagine it was designed for a larger amount of players than is comfortably possible for most servers. Otherwise, grabbing the flag and taking off is far too easy even for new guys. And the path's to the white flag is easily camped by barrets. If white isn't camped, red team is often garanteed a quick win.

Abel also suffers from an ill-placed SG (even with 1.2 in mind i'd imagine it over-dominating), could do with more points of cover on the hill, and theres a rather pointless area below and to the right of blue's spawn that no one practically uses.

How about we get some ideas rolling as to how any of these maps could be improved? Some map makers could maybe edit it up and put them forward to michal... [:O]

frogboy
November 14, 2003, 5:24 am
I made a modified inf_abel, and I'm compiling it now. I moved the SG behind the sandbag near the flag. I'll get webhosting and see if I can upload it soon.

I could also remove the SG, or put it near the sniping area.

LiL_FuKa
November 14, 2003, 3:59 pm
Yeah it's a pitty, I really like infiltration, but I don't like the maps at all. Not sure how to improve them, thuoght the points you mentioned were good Chakra.

Hercule Poirot
November 14, 2003, 7:59 pm
i love inf more than ctf i dont care about stat guns coz in 1.2 they are different only thing that i want is more maps!!!

NuZZ
November 14, 2003, 9:02 pm
I hear ya! I better see if Mich will accept any more of my maps :D
Maybe a remake, or a new INF.... (THIS IS BETA TESTER *top secret* INFORMATION)... :)

Element_101
November 15, 2003, 8:36 am
New maps will probley be put into 1.2 any way

frogboy
November 15, 2003, 9:22 am
CTF_Death! CTF_Death! Oh, and I'll upload my edited maps shortly. Once I find a way to get past hotfiling.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 16, 2003, 3:34 am
god chakra's siggies are always so funny ^_^.

jam lol.

anyways, there's this one map, the name which i cannot recall due to my lack of infiltration playing, where there is this stationary gun on top of this hill that the "infiltrators" need to climb up. it is rather hard to to get up there, especially with multiple snipers and a smart gunner, but if the attackers can gain control of the gun, they can rape the defence as they spawn and jump down from the spawn point to defend. my point? i have none. make of it what you will.

sqweek
November 16, 2003, 6:30 pm
For abel, what if the stat gun was moved into the blue sniper spot where no one ever goes?

doffencom
November 17, 2003, 9:05 am
I hate inf. It just make me suck if I play it to often, anyhow I end up being better wiv nades =P
But chak remember the inf map we made? It should be standard in 1.2 =D

element 101 NO I DON'T THINK SO! AWAY WITH Y00

qazwertred
November 17, 2003, 10:49 pm
I think there should be an alternative way.
(But I dont know where it should be)
Maybe some cover (like boxes) will be enough.

Droopy
November 18, 2003, 7:50 pm
Infiltration is a attack vs deffence game mod! The attackers run like chickens withouth their heads to the flag (in the first wawe at least) and the deffenders shoot bullets in them! If there was an alternite way the attack would be too easy for.. well attackers! In inf_outpost and in inf_warehouse, there are alternative ways! I don't like those maps! We already have problems with deffence, for there arent enough players and some people just (in blue) just run like idontknow who to the white flag hoping to do idontknow what! Thats why we started using words like incomeing uper level 2! Some people just dont get the idea of infiltration! God damit!!![:(!]