( search forums )
CTF_Kampf - Unfair?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
CardBoardWarrior
November 14, 2003, 11:54 pm
This map must be unfair! Every time I play red team on it I can never get the blue flag back to base, or even past the top of the hill. I either get nade spammed or or LAWed. (lol) This is not just because I am bad at Soldat. If I play for blue team I don't have much trouble at all capturing and scoring. Whadda ya think?

?
November 15, 2003, 12:30 am
you have an equal hard chance getting red or blue flag back to base its jsut a hard map to score on

Bugs Revenge
November 15, 2003, 12:45 am
The red flag is harder to catch while all the team just throw all thire nades there.
the same in the blue.
u just have to learn how to get out of there
if u have an m79 try to fly a little then shot under u and u will fly away from theire.. dead or alive.

F3nyx
November 15, 2003, 12:48 am
Yeah, Kampf is a very defense-friendly map. Lots of defensive positions, and flag is down in a pit, making it easy for defenders to intercept you.

Dunno why red would be harder... except that maybe the way the terrain drops straight down from the middle area on blue side. The slopes aren't as steep around the blue flag, making it easier to defend from there... on red, the slope is so steep that it sucks as a defensive position.

Guil
November 15, 2003, 1:06 am
Blue side= Defense mode
Red side = Attack mode

If blue play real defense, Red chance to get the flag = 25% and if not and red play real attack, red chance to get flag= 75%.

AerialAssault
November 15, 2003, 1:39 am
red has better sniping positions

CardBoardWarrior
November 15, 2003, 1:47 am
OK. Maybe he should just make it an INF map to make it fair.

morpheus
November 15, 2003, 2:05 am
the only thing i dont like about kampf is the fact that it's a snipers paradise. i can't remember even one game i've played on that map that there wasn't 4 or 5 guys just laying there with a barret while everyone else was doing all the work.

Sharpshooter
November 15, 2003, 3:07 am
I think you spelled kampf wrong. =P

Guil
November 15, 2003, 5:19 am
Yeah it's sniper paradise AND minigun paradise too.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 15, 2003, 6:28 am
and a gangster's paradise
and an omish paradise
and the fact that the blue SG is in the most horrible place ever.
but oh well, it doesn't really matter that much.

wormdundee
November 15, 2003, 6:35 am
wtf are you talking about alpha, the red and blue SG's are almost totally balanced

BMF
November 15, 2003, 6:44 am
lol worm they are not, blue SG is much easier to take out.

Personally i think that kamph and laos are the best CTF maps. For one thing, you dont get those stalemates like on B2B when both teams have a flag and it takes like 15 min to get it back.

AerialAssault
November 15, 2003, 6:57 am
b2b is ok, its viet, i hate

Element_101
November 15, 2003, 8:20 am
kamph is the best CTF map by far!

ThaD
November 15, 2003, 9:29 am
Lets just wait for ctf_death :P...

LiL_FuKa
November 15, 2003, 9:47 am
Yeah ctf is so cool, the most I ever played it was with 4 people. Can't wait to try it with 10 on dna games... Laos is my favourite map at the moment. AerialAssault Viet does not suck! Those huge hills are really fun to play on, but I think red has an advantage in Viet too because Blue have a harder time getting up their hill. Good old Kampf is pretty well balanced if you ask me..

Droopy
November 15, 2003, 1:44 pm
Ctf_Kampf IS balanced! The blue can defend their flag at the respawn point and the red have better sniping points! There are 1,2,3.. More than 10 sniping points on the map and more than half of them are in good for the red team. Red team just has to use the sniping positions to deffend and to attack! Fire, jet, run, prone, fire... They are ballanced if u ask me. But it al depends on the players.

Cookie.
November 15, 2003, 3:11 pm
Kampf is a bit different in teh beta but dont ask me wait till it comes out... but right now kampf and voland are my favourite maps by far

?
November 15, 2003, 5:42 pm
when i play kampf i usually am the only one defending, then there is teh usual shouting of SNIPER, CAMPER, NOOB (this is in dnagames =/)

Essentle
November 15, 2003, 7:10 pm
Campers are easy to kill in kampf when they are laying there and if they miss you and then u throw a grenade above them [:D]

CardBoardWarrior
November 15, 2003, 7:21 pm
lol, I know, people are always shouting like, camper, noob, all that stuff, but we are really just defending, right? hehe

Droopy
November 15, 2003, 7:39 pm
I like to defend and camp. That is why I play Infiltration!!! But i miss good defend positions in ctf. The best ctf map for deffending is ctf_run. Bang u're dead![xx(] Couse im DA DEFENDAH!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!![}:)] KRHM!! Sorry I got caught up in a moment a bit.[:D]

Mini Man
November 16, 2003, 10:51 am
yea kampf kicks arse! i love it its just an intense fire fight thtats so fun! b2b is good as well ctf_death hmmmm not so good

frogboy
November 16, 2003, 10:56 am
ctf_b2b's best for defending and camping- You just keep sniping, and they keep shouting CAMPER! CAMPER! LAAAAG!

Element_101
November 17, 2003, 10:04 am
Nooo kampf is the best the way it is... If they do chage it I hope its

better than ever