( search forums )
Blood soaks ground
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 2:31 am
Hmmmm, what about if the blood soaked into the ground when someone died? Eventually all the blood could soak through like, the entire level, then it would drip off the bottom... I think this would be a neat and funny thing to add.[:D]

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 16, 2003, 3:30 am
umm... right.
if anybody brings up "blah blah yadda yadda WILL MAKE LAG" i will seriously flame that person to a crisp. simply because i do not belive that small asthetic things like this will in any way create extra lag. even if i'm wrong, the statement "will create lag" is a horrible argument. many many many of the 3d first person shooters use more than 50x the number of polygons and hundreds of more particles and still manage very good frame rates and good latency.
anyways...
why not? or at least make a 500% blood option like the one in liero (which goes up to 1000% ^_^}

Dark_Noddy
November 16, 2003, 11:37 am
me likes. there should be a limit for how much blood would stay on ground tho !

CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 1:15 pm
Yeh, then maybe when water is figured out there could be puddles of blood! WEWT!!

Stoute-Wouter
November 16, 2003, 1:43 pm
I like it a lot, it shall give soldat an other dimension! More blood and more agression! Maybe when u walk through the blood your pants will be getting red of blood ;)

sativa
November 16, 2003, 3:03 pm
i like the idea but when it soackes it should be slipperry

CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 3:30 pm
Like ice!

MisterX
November 16, 2003, 5:24 pm
um, i think there are many more important features that should be in soldat than that. and I think the gore is ok as it is, shouldnt be more. and I think a few people who see the game first time would think it's just a bloody, brutal game for psychos that love gore o.O

Sharpshooter
November 16, 2003, 5:38 pm
I just like blood. More blood = more fun.

Triadit
November 16, 2003, 6:47 pm
And u can lick the blood from ground and spit it on others face saying "In ur face!" Woulnt that be kewl?

wormdundee
November 16, 2003, 7:20 pm
yeh....thats great triadite, but uh no...personally yeh, more blood is good! make it past the liero level of blood!

3rd_account
November 16, 2003, 7:35 pm
Would be nice if you could slip on the blod, fall and break you leg or something.

Stoute-Wouter
November 16, 2003, 8:23 pm
Hahaha so full of great ideas!

Ivan0
November 16, 2003, 8:46 pm
it wount cause lag because it client side, server just stores a small number of info about whos blood it is and where it is, maybe the timer on it for the ground soaking purposes. thats is, no lag
if this going to be added, an option to have the bodies stay forever should be added too
gonna be fun swiming in pool of blood and gibblets :p
and the more blood is good, very good!

b00stA
November 16, 2003, 8:52 pm
What do you call it when you have a frame rate of.. let's say 5 frames per second?

CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 9:17 pm
dunno. thnk it was like, laaaa, um, laaaaaa oh what the heck is that stupid word. oh yeh i remember- LAG! but thats only for deh bodies part. blood wouldnt lag.

3rd_account
November 16, 2003, 10:01 pm
Heh, I play CS 1.5 with 5 FPS, I've learned to love it...

Ivan0
November 16, 2003, 10:34 pm
5 FPS isnt lag, its crappy comp

CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 11:12 pm
W/e. To me, 60 FPS is teh uber-lag. :P Meh want teh 5000 FPS!!!

Ivan0
November 16, 2003, 11:16 pm
lol, in soldat im at about 20 fps, and in q3 im at 35 :p

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:47 am
o.O

man that's a crappah video card (lol)

I run Soldat at over 1500 on occassion

Wasp_
November 28, 2003, 9:25 am
quote:Originally posted by aLpHaNuMe12iK
or at least make a 500% blood option like the one in liero (which goes up to 1000% ^_^}

Oh how very wrong you are... in Liero the maximum blood level goes over 32000%...

Toumaz
November 28, 2003, 10:24 am
Good idea, but there should be an option to turn it off.

CardBoardWarrior
November 29, 2003, 2:01 pm
Of course.

systemfeind
November 29, 2003, 3:23 pm
a big lol to those who are so horny on blood and gore. u are weird o.O

CardBoardWarrior
January 5, 2004, 9:36 pm
Ok I wanted to bring this up again, lots of people liked it...so please
comment and stay on topic!

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 9:55 pm
lol, i Want more blood, blood option plz!

make it go up to 10000000000000%

w00t!

Gaah
January 5, 2004, 11:40 pm
I was playing Rambo yesterday with my friend and bro and I one of us had Beserker and rambo and when he killed one of the players, ****loads of blood sprayed out. Or was it the person who was killed the one who had beserker? Anyway, just try a game of rambo with some friends, and get Beserker, then you'll see lots of blood.

Alpha
January 6, 2004, 5:13 am
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage
o.O

man that's a crappah video card (lol)

I run Soldat at over 1500 on occassion

yes, with Vsync turn off with a MASSIVE tear going across the screen :P

eyic
January 6, 2004, 5:25 am
i agree with this whole thread :)

kevith
January 6, 2004, 6:13 pm
Related to blood soaking the ground... why do the corpses have to disappear when the player respawns? Maybe instead the corpse could turn into a skeleton or something so then the whole map would be littered with corpses. You could like hide in the piles and stuff and move them around with nades and crap like you already do with corpses before they respawn. Man I'm sick....

-SPI-
January 8, 2004, 12:49 am
It would be great if the blood only soaked in so much. So you could get pools of blood acumulating in the lower parts of the level. ( this would require the adding of a full liquid physics to the engine, but I want that anyway, look at liero extremes liquid thats what I want)

But anyway blood, yes. And bodies, again I shall look to liero. In liero you can have huge mounds of bullet cases, bodies, gibs etc. The main problem is that the terrian in liero and the terrain in soldat are formed differently. If a kind of scenery that is interactive (you would have to climb over etc) could be implemented that would pretty much cover it.

The problems are having a constantly changing level, with new scenery and objects (blood pools) being added all the time. This will probably require some pretty fancy programming so I wont be expecting it next week.