( search forums )
talk cancel
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
arC
November 16, 2003, 3:45 am
Hey, i was just wondering, when your typing something to say in Soldat, could we implement a button to cancel it, becuase when im typing, and I see an enemy and try to run left, I end up typing "Hey, that was a good shotaaaaaaaaaaa", and i think BackSpace takes a little too long.

Or maybe different all together, you can shoot while in talk mode?

kkazican
November 16, 2003, 5:22 am
Not sure how else to cancel it but I think you should be able to shoot when in chat mode. Too many times have I ended a sentence with t and my keyboard is weird so it acts like i hit t 10 times. So im sitting there with a bunch of t's on my screen and some noob with a chainsaw will run up and grind me into pulp.

cooz
November 16, 2003, 8:59 am
maybe it talk mode should stop after pressing eg. CTRL + talk_button

palloco
November 16, 2003, 10:43 am
I agree, I am always messed trying to erase things that are worth no more... specially when I find an enmey and I start typing asdsasdawsd arghh it is not moving lol

Dark_Noddy
November 16, 2003, 11:36 am
I agree with the Ctrl + talk = cancle ! The ability to shoot when talking would ruin yet another moral rule ! IMO Spawnkilling is ok in 115 coz If u dont U get a Law Up ur arse. Enabling shoot while talking would make ppl kill any1 staning still... nowadays decent players dun kill ppl typing.

b00stA
November 16, 2003, 12:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by kkazican
Too many times have I ended a sentence with t and my keyboard is weird so it acts like i hit t 10 times. So im sitting there with a bunch of t's on my screen and some noob with a chainsaw will run up and grind me into pulp.

It's not your keyboard's fault. Your talk button is "T". If you type something ending with T and you send it, this button will be "pressed" by Soldat again. So the talk thing comes up again, ie you get stuck in it :)
This also happens with other things like reload or throw away weapon.
If I press "F" I throw away my weapon. Now if I type "wtf" and press enter.. my weapon's gone >:/

arC
November 16, 2003, 1:01 pm
haha yeah same with me when i cant kill this guy, its taking ages, i say omg, where G is my drop key, i drop the gun, making the situation even worse. I hope in 1.2 they fix this last-key-action bug, but apart from that we need a talk-cancel key :)

sativa
November 16, 2003, 3:04 pm
normaly you can just press escape button

cooz
November 16, 2003, 10:31 pm
sativa, so we'll go to menu? and what next - no thx.

oh and maybe one beautiful day Michal will give as normal, pretty, lovely, small console... :>

arC
November 17, 2003, 1:35 am
i guess / is kind of like the soldat console, we just need more commands...

doffencom
November 17, 2003, 9:01 am
WHo the [:-censored] care? Press enter and lett it be lame and live with it!

cooz
November 17, 2003, 12:02 pm
hey doffencom, didn't u see the Name of this Section?
It's "Game Improvements / Suggestions" and i think it was created to post here ours idea and not to say "lett it be lame and live with it!"

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:46 am
omg not Ctrl+talk

I use the Ctrl key for crouch lol

I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it when games reserve Shift and Control for modifier keys (ARGH!!!!!!!!!)

?
November 28, 2003, 4:00 am
i think it would rock, michal should add this and my fitler and player block ideas =P

CardBoardWarrior
November 29, 2003, 2:03 pm
What about if the \ button was made talk cancel? Or maybe ~ ?