( search forums )
Teh split
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sharpshooter
November 16, 2003, 5:45 pm
In CTF mode I noticed that there isn't much difference between the teams other then color and advantages/disadvantages on the map. I think it would be uber cool if the teams on ctf mode were split into 2 different teams that have names and uniforms other then just color and also have different weapons for each side. Like for example have all the current weapons in soldat for one team and an entire new menu for the other team with weapons that match that of the other teams weaponry. I would think that this would make CTF far more interesting. It would allow another perspective of advantage and disadvantage for each map and team. So what does everyone think?

Triadit
November 16, 2003, 6:10 pm
Would be good, so there would be realistic, survive, and ctfcs, hehe

kkazican
November 16, 2003, 10:26 pm
Names would be cool instead of alpha team and bravo team. Weapons would have more people complain about This gun is overpowered or Bravo team has too many weak weapons.

CardBoardWarrior
November 16, 2003, 11:10 pm
I don't think different weapons on CTF/TDM would be fair, unless they were the same weapons only renamed and different looks. But I support the idea of totally different weapons on INF mode. Somthing to the effect of more defense-oriented weapons for black flag team, and more offensive-type weapons for white flag team. With this, then you could pick up a new weapon after you kill somone on enemy team. :D

y0da
November 16, 2003, 11:17 pm
I think, that the best solution is to do other uniforms and other sounds... But Michal is to lazy... [;)]

?
November 16, 2003, 11:27 pm
ctf is fine as it is

Sharpshooter
November 17, 2003, 3:09 am
No, when I ment different weapons like I said weapons that matched that of the other side. So all weapons would have their weaknesses. There is no stopping people from complaining about a weapons power. Even if all weapons were the same some one is going to complain. Its the player not the gun.

doffencom
November 17, 2003, 8:59 am
Man you play to much cs. I DON'T WANNA HAVE DIFFRENT GUNS WHEN I'M RED OR BLUE NOW STFU! You are a evil SW now go aweh

?
November 17, 2003, 9:03 pm
yeah what he said...

Sharpshooter
November 18, 2003, 12:08 am
Wow, fuk you 2 assholes [IMAGE].

Weed
November 18, 2003, 1:29 am
hmmm
i think most ppl like fair game...
this would take the game far up to a much tactical level...
which is not good if u think that soldat is a game of speed... and the smartest is the one to shoot faster...
and truly, u can match any weapon at the moment with the actual wepaons, if u see u cant take that m79 er with an m79, than u switch to ruger, and so on... no need for new weapons and new maps and stuff... just good old soldat :D

aLpHaNuMe12iK
November 18, 2003, 2:52 am
lol @ sharpshooter's flame posts... lmao, is that smilely from these boards? lol. anyways, i wouldn't know what to say until the idea was implemented and a kinda trial run thingy was conducted; i see what you're saying, reminds me of how in counterstrike ct can get the m4 while the t get the ak47. its cool in cs, not sure how it would be in soldat.

Sharpshooter
November 18, 2003, 3:33 am
Im glad someone understands the general idea. I also think that this is an oopertunity for Michal to implement all those highly requested weapons. It adds another dimension to the game. I am all for simple games. But this will not complicate soldat too much. Its just uniforms and new weapons.

Aquarius
November 18, 2003, 8:32 am
I don't like the idea, but there should be some possibility to set other team names (in soldat.ini file).

y0da
November 18, 2003, 9:36 am
No Aquarius, in 1.2 you can change languages, and ther you can change team names for your own... txt file.

LiL_FuKa
November 18, 2003, 8:37 pm
Nah.. As for team names you mean you can change your team name to whatever you want? Would be cool for clan wars.. If you could vote on it or what not.