( search forums )
access violation (was: i've searched far and wide)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
blasta
November 19, 2003, 12:40 am
ok. don't all start calling me a noob. ive searched far and wide for the answer to my access violation problem. yes, ive read the sticky. but, the cmodule.dll file doesn't exist, at least on my comp, and deleting the folder and that other file and reinstalling didn't work. i still get the access violation bull[:-censored]. i've looked for threads that have any other ways to remove the bug, but i cant find any. would you be kind enough to tell me how to fix this [:-censored]?

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 2:44 am
Well if the fix doesn't work, then the problem is a little more serious.

Check what programs you have running in the background, and also try to remember any changes you made to your system (hardware or software) around the time that the problem started.

You might wanna gimme a rundown of your system specs too.

blasta
December 7, 2003, 1:38 am
ok... i havent checked for a little while... here are my specs.

Intel Celeron 667 MHZ
128 MB of RAM
30 GB hard drive

I always have norton antivirus auto protect running in the background.... And dont diss me cuz my comp is [:-censored]ty!

Liber_Lupus
December 7, 2003, 9:02 pm
have u tried to delete dxlog.chk in C:\WINDOWS ?

qazwertred
December 7, 2003, 10:21 pm
Norton Antivirus should have no effect coz I use it and there is no problems 4 me.

Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Close all unimportant programs.
Start Soldat.

Maybe works :)

0wnz4r
December 7, 2003, 11:41 pm
1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause for this problem
2. Uninstall soldat
3. Delete the Soldat folder
4. Install soldat 1.1.5 + fix
5a. For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
5b. For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder
6. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder <-- this one was my problem