( search forums )
Two of my drawings (More to come)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
R0L4ND
November 19, 2003, 4:21 pm
Since i dont think this is classified as "Soldat fan-art", i thought it might be a bit smarter to make a topic in the lounge about it. So here it goes:

[IMAGE]

I did this picture in school, on an A3-sheet with a 0.4mm fineliner and a regular HB-grade pencil. Got another drawing coming in moderately soon (a day or two, depending whether i feel like drawing or not.) so if you like this one, you'll probably be happy. Enjoy!

Comments are encouraged.

Weed
November 19, 2003, 4:37 pm
nice drawing man :D
keep it up ;)

Hitman
November 19, 2003, 4:45 pm
Nice drawing, I like your sig (in the pic) looks proffesional!

Aquarius
November 19, 2003, 4:52 pm
Not bad, not bad. You have the gift. [:)]

cooz
November 19, 2003, 4:58 pm
wow, it's fuc kin' great...
maybe u should draw more and make mods less often ;>

R0L4ND
November 19, 2003, 5:07 pm
Well, the drawing which should be up in a few days...
I've got one word to describe it: M249.

y0da
November 19, 2003, 6:12 pm
Do comics!!! Btw. Is LxS drawing on a PC or like Rol4and did?

palloco
November 19, 2003, 7:59 pm
GJ man, keep doing pictures.

R0L4ND
November 28, 2003, 3:09 pm
Right, then. Here we go with another drawing. Enjoy it, y'all. M249-toting support infanterist, done on an A4 sheet with 0.4mm Fineliner and a regular HB-grade pencil.

[IMAGE]

cooz
November 28, 2003, 3:26 pm
body, weapon and all equipment is perfect! but i think u should work on the face of soldier - for me it's too childish... but rest is just genius ;)

Spitzfiya
November 28, 2003, 3:41 pm
Yeah! finally, something other than anime sh1t! good Work R0L4ND keeep it up!!!!!!!!!

R0L4ND
November 28, 2003, 3:43 pm
Yeah, well, i did this drawing at school, and let me tell you; inking while the teacher has dimmed the lights is NOT a good idea. The face cant be worked further on, since it's inked, and doing changes to the drawing itself via Photoshop is (by me) considered as ch33ting! :D Anyway, thanks for the comments! Constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcoming for any artist.

Dathker
November 28, 2003, 3:51 pm
Its pretty good...but on the first picture the gun i think its a M4a1 or somthing like that...uhh it looks a bit off

Aquarius
November 28, 2003, 4:07 pm
Nice, but I think that the first picture is better... IMO because the first soldier has more dynamic pose (he looks more alive) and proportions look slightly better...

bucky_brad
November 28, 2003, 4:08 pm
i think the pics are great and it looks to me youve been drawing soldiers for a while or at least know what they should look like.
did you get the basic lay out first??like the structure of the man?
I just think you dont need that many folds on the clothing even though it gives it detail to much detail can make it look messy.
but yeh great pics.

Wasp_
November 28, 2003, 5:33 pm
Equipment is well done. Propotions are a bit off (too big heads and too short legs), but you have paid a good attention to details (especially those wrinkles).
Sorry for stealing your thread, but my stuff is here:
http://npixel.deviantart.com/gallery/
It's a pretty uncategorized archive-like gallery consisting of digital and drawn stuff by me.
Feel free to comment.

sativa
November 28, 2003, 6:09 pm
you should enter my contest http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=9109 start drawing

R0L4ND
November 28, 2003, 6:14 pm
Proportions on both men are fine, trust me. I start off the drawing with a "bare" sketch, meaning i draw a simple line-up of the body itself. I then proceed to add up all of the equipment. If anything, the first guy is too "big" (meaning small head, long arms and legs), but the heavy equipment and the helmet counters the anatomy. The other guy, on the other hand, is more normal built, but the equipment gives him a slightly childish appearance in build.
And the gun in the first drawing is a Colt M16A2, 5.56mm, and it is NOT off! :D
Thank you all for the comments and encouragements!

Essentle
November 29, 2003, 5:34 am
ow, cool, nice.. [:D]