( search forums )
Microsoft Router MD-500
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Import Killer
November 26, 2003, 7:53 pm
Hi, i purchased a new Microsoft MD-500 router and no one can connect to my server. Not even me. And every time i look at my ping on the server list it is ????. Please can someone give me highly detailed instructions on how to configure my router so i can make a dedicated server so people can join it and stay connected.
Thanks
Chris

systemfeind
November 26, 2003, 8:41 pm
hmm maybe the join port is locked on your router?

have u already configured your router or are u one of those who dont get an idea with this? :)

Import Killer
November 26, 2003, 11:42 pm
well i just purchased the router, i know how to get on the Internet Configuration part. But i have no clue from there. I would greatly appreciate if someone gave me detailed instructions how how to make it so people can connect. I usually have a great low ping and fast connection and i want to share it with people. Server goes by the name of -=Killers World=- but i need someone to tell me how to configure my Microsoft MD-500 router so people can play on it as well as me.
Thanks
killer

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:59 am
Killer - I'm guessing you haven't unblocked the ports Soldat uses yet?

And also, if you want to join your own dedicated server, use the IP 127.0.0.1

Soldat ports you need to unblock:

ASE ports:

ASE scan port:

Do that and you'll be fine :)

To set all this up, you'll have to open Internet Explorer and type in the IP address of your router to configure it. You'll also need a username and password to do this.

Import Killer
November 28, 2003, 5:28 am
Ok, I can open my internet browsers Router setup, but where do i enter this information?
I am really a noob with routers and firewalls. I have a screenshot that i will post to show you what i think you are talkin about. Please identify where i enter each number.
Thanks
Killer

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Router.JPG69.2 KB

Import Killer
November 28, 2003, 5:37 am
also, how do i use the IP addres 127.0.0.1?

Import Killer

toadsMoke
November 30, 2003, 3:55 pm
are you sure that's the model of the router? md-500? i cannot find any support for a microsoft router...
if you could direct me towards the manual for that router, i'll be able to help. i'm not exactly clear what is meant by outbound ports...

Import Killer
December 1, 2003, 7:28 pm
exactly, oh sorry, i doubles checked the router type. it actually is a Microsoft MN-500, sorry i had a misprint earlier
Thanks
Import Killer

mr_bob
December 1, 2003, 11:54 pm
here look at this it might help

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Project0.jpg74.76 KB

Import Killer
December 2, 2003, 1:17 am
Hi, i entered all those things identical to your picture and still when i look for my server in the list it comes up with ??? as ping and i cant join. Im thinking also if i cant join no one else can either. Thanks for the help though it is greatly appreciated. I am still open for more help please.!! thanks
Killer

mr_bob
December 2, 2003, 1:37 am
i dont think i did that right it was just a guess so yeah im sorry

Import Killer
December 2, 2003, 3:19 am
thats ok, any ideas from everyone to help me is appreciated. I am more lost then anybody at this. I just really want people to be able to play on my server.
Import Killer

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 4:28 am
Okay first off, you should check to see if you have the latest firmware for your router, check out here.

My suggestion would not to use application-triggered port forwarding. the reason being, your computer must acknowledge that the program 'Soldat' is opening to activate the specified port forwarding.

I would suggest, instead of going to 'Application-Triggered Port Fowarding', click 'Port Forwarding' and then click 'Set up persistent port forwarding'. This will permanently open these ports.

From here paste these into the appropiate boxes (excluding the quotes)
Inbound port: "23073"
Type: "UDP"
Private IP address: the internal IP of your host computer
Private port: "23073"

You have to follow the same steps with these ports as well: 23083, 27243, 27244, 27245, 23196

- -

If this still doesn't work, I would then suggest setting up your computer in a DMZ from your router. I personally use this, cause I just find routers too frustrating with all the wacky networking I like to experiment with =P
quote:from microsoft support:

To establish a virtual DMZ
1. Open the Base Station Management Tool, and then click Security.
2. On the Security menu, click Virtual DMZ (Demilitarized Zone).
3. Select the Enable check box.
4. In the text box, type the IP address assigned to the computer that will host the virtual DMZ. To determine the IP
address, see the DHCP client list on the Home page of the Base Station Management Tool.
5. To save the changes you have made, click Apply, or to delete the changes, click Cancel.

Lets all hope this works =)

Import Killer
December 3, 2003, 5:39 am
Hey, AWESOME i can finally play my server and people can join. BUUUUTTT.... after about 5 min i get a connection problem and i get connection timeout. can u please help me fix this?
Import Killer

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 4:48 pm
=) read the documentation that came with your router.

if you've lost it, go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_ProductDocumentation.mspx

Import Killer
December 3, 2003, 6:00 pm
Hi, again, i read the user manual. But im even more lost now then before!! LOL can u please give me some simple instructions so i can stay connected to a gave for more then a minute without a connection problem then timeout?
Import Killer

toadsMoke
December 5, 2003, 1:52 am
check the troubleshooting in the manual. if doesn't solve your problem, emailor call technical support. they will be able to help you fully solve your problem.

Import Killer
December 6, 2003, 1:46 am
well i have tried everything and i still get a connection problems.
Import Killer

toadsMoke
December 6, 2003, 3:18 am
call microsoft's free technical support hotline

Import Killer
December 6, 2003, 4:48 am
I did, but there all idiots, they dont even understand what the Connection Problem Meant
Import Killer

Import Killer
December 9, 2003, 7:01 am
Anytime now someone can tell me how to fix my connection problem error
Import Killer

palloco
December 10, 2003, 8:42 am
Emmm, you get kicked after 5 minutes when joining your dedicated server? I heard that is normal, that happens even to Nightcabbage(thread somewhere in bug reports).
BTW:
[IMAGE]

Import Killer
December 10, 2003, 5:48 pm
Well does anyone have a fix for this? Its so annoying you get like 25 kills and then you get a connection timeout. there has to be a way to fix this. Somebody please HHEEEEELLLLPPP! Is there anything else i can try with my router?

Thanks
Import Killer