( search forums )
ingame admin and destructable terrain
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
systemfeind
November 26, 2003, 9:14 pm
so here are my ideas...

first i would like that it should be possible to change game settings like maps, frag limits, allowed weapons etc as a server admin in game and not with a damn tool like soldat admin. maybe like in cs ^^

second it would be funny that u can see where bombs exploded on a map or where people died for example with black and red shades or something. i mean not to destroy the terrain but to see how bloody and destructive a war was ^^

qazwertred
November 27, 2003, 1:46 pm
There is command for admin ingame: map kick ban addbot and from an unknown source[;)] ive heard that 1.2.0 will have more admin funktions.

I think ur second idea has been sayd b4 and they sayd something smart. It was... something... Search with the never-working search button.

Wasp_
November 27, 2003, 2:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
second it would be funny that u can see where bombs exploded on a map or where people died for example with black and red shades or something. i mean not to destroy the terrain but to see how bloody and destructive a war was ^^

The map cosists of vectors (oh really?) and each vector has 3 corners with individual colors. The point is, that your 3d accelerator can process this kind of coloring very fast, because it has built-in algorithms for this. If you wanted to color the vector a bit from between corners, you'd have either to divide the vector into many many pieces, or lose the advantage of your 3d chip. I personally wouldn't like it.

?
November 27, 2003, 3:59 pm
you can change what weapons you want in your server now,and set your own maps, but please do actually do some research about your posts, even good ideas like destructable terrian can get annoying if posted to many times

ClanKwH
November 27, 2003, 5:19 pm
the second idea is really good yeah, bloody battlefield :P

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:34 am
decals are fun ^_^

qazwertred
November 28, 2003, 1:50 pm
Maybe small bmps that falls to the ground. It wouldnt lag coz the server wouldnt need to send any data about them.

Dathker
November 28, 2003, 3:07 pm
maybe some thing like the boxes and sand bags should be disttructable after so many hits to it

Droopy
November 28, 2003, 7:47 pm
Naaah! You could destroy them with a single granade and when you shoot them, sand would start comeing out LOL