( search forums )
Throw Weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Joei
November 26, 2003, 11:17 pm
Yes, we already know that knifes can be thrown to kill... but why not weapons too?

(damage/distance meter Farther=less damage Closer=more)
1. Small weapon can be thrown farther but for less damage
2. Larger weapons have shorter throwing distance but more damage

/\ who know? You might get desperate.

qazwertred
November 26, 2003, 11:31 pm
When ur out of ammo u can just throw the gun at some1s head and they die(if they are damaged). [:D][:D]

I like this idea.

?
November 26, 2003, 11:32 pm
what about handbags, or shoes, or bricks, or VEHICLES!! YES WE MUST HAVE VEHICLES YOU CAN THROW IN SOLDAT!!! THIS IDEA IS GENIUS, I LOVE YOU JOEI!!

qazwertred
November 26, 2003, 11:33 pm
Dont forget the atombombs...

CardBoardWarrior
November 26, 2003, 11:46 pm
hehe yeh nuke em', the screen goes blank white for about 5 mins then your graphics card explodes.

Ivan0
November 27, 2003, 2:07 am
would be fit if secondary attack was implemented:

1 - like in the soldat comics #4 you can shoot forward and backwards at same time
2 - swing for the head
3 - switch between burst and single shot
4 - swing for the groin
5 - shoot 2 shells at same time
6 - thrust with a bayonet
7 - swing for the head :)
8 - 3 shot burst (low accuracy)
9 - swing for the groin
0 - start the minigun rotation (cant shoot unless it is rotating)

CardBoardWarrior
November 27, 2003, 2:16 am
Ok...I sorta agree except for the minigun rotation. In real life it doesn't have to be rotating so I think that's a bad idea. So you are saying that when you have a weapon you press a number key and it changes modes or does somthing? OK cool. But I would organize it like this:

1-swing for head
2-swing for groin
3-forwards/backwards shooting
4-burst/single shot (this includes the 3 shot burst, but # of rounds would be different for each weapon)

5-2 shells fire (...how would this work?)
6-bayonet
7-explosive diareha :-}

qazwertred
November 27, 2003, 6:38 am
I think he means that:
1. deagles "like in the soldat comics #4 you can shoot forward and backwards at same time"
2. mp5 "swing for the head"
etc
8. "3 shot burst (low accuracy)"
I think soldat still is 2 realistic 4 a bursting barret (dont say anything about the jet packs)

frogboy
November 27, 2003, 7:01 am
For the nukes, not just the video card, it gets the processor to divide pi down to 10.5k decimal places by 0. And gives the monitor a 99E999999999 refresh rate, the harddrive is filled with useless 2.5GB files from inside the US Defence Server, and the CD-RW is overburned, to 9.5TB. The floppy drive keeps making annoying noises, the speakers make a high pitched, middle-pitched and low-pitched sound at the same time, 30.2GB of viruses are downloaded to the clients computer, and the printer is swamped with 2,345 copies of Shakespeare's longest play. The num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock flash at the same speed as your scanner, which is currently overloading the power supply. You try to click the stop button, but the earth is shaking too much for you to move the mouse to the button. And then your modem starts pinging a server, and then the server is overloaded. At this time, the core processor temperature can melt steel. Then, the hard drive's round disk flies out, like a giant UFO, spinning, and spinning. It crashes straight through a wall, cutting all the power in the vicinity of the UFO. The terror of your computer's reign is over.

qazwertred
November 27, 2003, 1:28 pm
Then no one can get close to the computer for thousand of year because of the radiation and some1 will sue Michal 4 ruining their comps.

I think we should leave nukes out of the game.[:D]

<EDIT>
The "Swing for..." funktions isnt really needed coz there is already a autofist funkition.

<EDIT>(again[:D])
I meant there is no need 4 a button 4 these.

koil
November 27, 2003, 1:49 pm
yes.. but if theres a 'throw weapons' system, why using the knife and not the law/soccom ?

you get the basic dmg (soccom for semi-auto, law for semi-instant kill) + you can throw it.

edit your post, and do the title like this:
Throw Weapons - nerfing the knife

Ivan0
November 27, 2003, 5:44 pm
throwing away a gun during a battle is a suicide

Spitzfiya
November 28, 2003, 12:13 am
I think your suggestion of adding mobile pie launchers is retarted.

NICE TRY!

peemonkey
November 28, 2003, 2:15 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
For the nukes, not just the video card, it gets the processor to divide pi down to 10.5k decimal places by 0. And gives the monitor a 99E999999999 refresh rate, the harddrive is filled with useless 2.5GB files from inside the US Defence Server, and the CD-RW is overburned, to 9.5TB. The floppy drive keeps making annoying noises, the speakers make a high pitched, middle-pitched and low-pitched sound at the same time, 30.2GB of viruses are downloaded to the clients computer, and the printer is swamped with 2,345 copies of Shakespeare's longest play. The num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock flash at the same speed as your scanner, which is currently overloading the power supply. You try to click the stop button, but the earth is shaking too much for you to move the mouse to the button. And then your modem starts pinging a server, and then the server is overloaded. At this time, the core processor temperature can melt steel. Then, the hard drive's round disk flies out, like a giant UFO, spinning, and spinning. It crashes straight through a wall, cutting all the power in the vicinity of the UFO. The terror of your computer's reign is
over.

Holy 5hit... you just eksplaned what happens to me when i turn this thing on!!! have oyu been stalking me?

::On Topic::
1.Pro: i think this idea would be great for me! sometimes i just killed 3 ppl with the minigun, but another is still alive, and tryin to stab me... i'd love to just be able to throw my big chunk of metal right into his blood-stained face. but while im reloding, he figures out he can throw his knife, calling himself the greatest player to ever live.
2. Con: there might be another 1.1.4 with people goin into yer spawnzone, blasting away with an m79, then throwing it, picking up a spare LAW(dammm bug!!), huckin' it at yer face, gettin another, SpAwNkIlLiN like a mad b1tch...

71% for it
29% against it

J.V. [:-tophat] and Toast[:-toast]

qazwertred
November 28, 2003, 1:46 pm
Weapons shouldnt do high dmg when you throw them... its only useful if u see a very damaged enemy and ur out of ammo.

Maybe add a delay when throwing guns. Maybe it should take 0.5 sec to get enough power 4 the throw.