( search forums )
I'm boycotting Soldat
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Belross
November 27, 2003, 5:36 am
That's it. I'm through with Soldat. I've had enough. No more hitting someone in the face with my M79 and having them smear me right after. No more tossing 4 grenades at something and watching them shrug it off. No more smacking someone down with an M72 Law rocket and instead have them use it to propel themselves AWAY from me. And above all, no more weapons that spontaneously disappear, switch to secondary, refuse to fire, or quit reloading. I can't take it anymore.

I mean, what's the [:-censored]ing point? What's the use of playing a game, fun as it may be, when you are never sure if a hit you know from experience is lethal will actually kill someone? When you can't be assured your weapons work properly? When you aren't certain you're at least on a level playing field with your opponent?

So until these issues are addressed, I think I'll quit Soldat for a while. Maybe I'll go play Warcraft III instead. At least Blizzard can fix the OBVIOUS bugs.

Am I the only one who's pissed off about this?

The Spot
November 27, 2003, 5:39 am
Amen to that. Aside from what you said, my only problem comes from lamers kicking and banning you for beating them. Such cowardice is just sickening.

R
November 27, 2003, 5:44 am
i'm glad you're leaving. soldat doesnt need people like you around if you're gunna act like that.

eyic
November 27, 2003, 5:54 am
Just wait for soldat to evolve, complaining about bugs, and demanding a fix right away is stupid, just wait for newer versions :/

frogboy
November 27, 2003, 6:04 am
Yeah, you do that. One less laggy n00b to complain.

that fuking sniper
November 27, 2003, 6:25 am
Not really, Soldat is very laggy, and everyone has the right to complain. I'm sure all of whoever posted in this thread complains about lag in-game or out of it. Dont try to just look all cool by saying "get the hell out of the community". He has a point there. I was about to quit for that same reason myself one time, and I also have alot of game budds that quit. It gets annoying. The forum is here to express that, so try to actually understand what he's saying.

I hope that Soldat gets a better netcode soon and that Belross will come back with it, along with alot of other people who quit for the same reason.

Belross
November 27, 2003, 6:30 am
Thank you, TFS. I really do enjoy playing Soldat... but I can honestly say that I've lost games (point-wise) because all the kills I SHOULD have gotten didn't register. It also works the other way; when someone hits me dead on with a missle or whatever, and I live, I feel like I unfairly cheated them out of a kill they deserved. I know that winning is certainly not everything, but it can get in the way of playing normally. And I LOVE to duel 1 vs 1; miscounted kills certainly gets in the way of that.

Then again, I'm admittedly a big fat whiner. Always have been. I just hope that the issue is resolved effectively in the next release of Soldat.

Ardaen
November 27, 2003, 6:36 am
While the reason may be valid (ok fine, it is [:p]) I must say this:

Oh the DRAMA! My god you sound like soldat has become the courner stone of your life! Boycott? Can't take it anymore? If you've gotten to that point you obviously like the game. Take a deep breath, take a step back and calm down.

That said, soldat is a shareware game. Michal is no proffesional development team. Compairing Michal to Blizzard or Soldat to Warcraft 3 is unfair to all of them.

**Warning partially off topic rant below**
On a final side note: There are many "obvious bugs" that Blizzard has not fixed. Ever tried making an advanced custom map? Oh wait, lag lag lag serversplit. What fixes this? loading and saving the map 5 times. Can we say buggy? Or how about the ingame downloads! You reconnnect five times and suddenly the download is faster! Sometimes it decides to let 1 person download, sometimes everyone. Sometimes it just kicks everyone out of the game because someone is downloading! or maybe you have a download going, it freezes, you have to reconnect, then it downloads fast, or maybe kicks everyone again.

frogboy
November 27, 2003, 6:37 am
You mean I'll get 125 ping instead of 250? And the only time I complain about lag is when the server lags, or when someone with 800 ping comes in and lags everyone, and the screen freezes and aaargh!

Tha Doggfather
November 27, 2003, 6:39 am
im so sick of these "i quit soldat" threads, who the [:-censored] cares if you play the damn game or not.

palloco
November 27, 2003, 8:18 am
I could complain about Soldat... but I prefer to complain about my ISP : wanadoo
It provides me with a bouncing ping. In soldat.dnagames.net Initially I had 260, then for a time between 200 and 700, and yesterday 150 for 10 minutes and then over 300-400.
Soldat is a good game, ISPs are the evil ones.

frogboy
November 27, 2003, 8:20 am
I prefer to blame the USB cord between my modem and computer. 1MB/s isn't fast enough. On 10/100MBPS my ping reduces by about 50 or so.

Element_101
November 27, 2003, 10:41 am
1.2 will come its coming just hang in there every one all of our prairs

will be answered!

Aquarius
November 27, 2003, 12:24 pm
Two noobs want to quit Soldat. What a pity.

Spitzfiya
November 27, 2003, 3:42 pm
I can understand what hes saying this is the most buggiest game i have ever played. Imagine how much better it would be without the bugs.

?
November 27, 2003, 3:56 pm
well yeah everyone lags, as long is your, ping is like 166 its ok the problem is when ping starts to get to 200

ClanKwH
November 27, 2003, 4:51 pm
Grrr Dont Care about the bugs removing them doesnt give the game more gameplay and there aint really BIG ANNOYING Bugs in soldat Drop the bugs and make som improvements!

?
November 27, 2003, 5:01 pm
no you have to work on bugs, if you don't then every realease would add more bugs, thus ending up in a game full of bugs, idiot

ClanKwH
November 27, 2003, 5:15 pm
man i know i mean only the big BUGS not the friggin MAP BUGS!

?
November 27, 2003, 5:43 pm
let michal mix map bugs it he wants, its his game.

R
November 27, 2003, 5:53 pm
i still dont get why we would care if hes leaving soldat. -_-

Aapo Afrikka
November 27, 2003, 7:02 pm
Why wouldn't you care about bugs? Have you actually played this game online? Ping isn't the game's fault, but those bugs exist because of lazy makers who can't fix them. My copy of Soldat hasn't worked for....hell TWO MONTHS! Always the same access violation. If it isn't access violation, then it's lag. If it isn't lag then it's n00bs. If it isn't n00bs then it's bugs. Good thing I didn't pay for this piece of ****

Belross
November 27, 2003, 7:38 pm
A few things:

1) Obviously no one is supposed to care about whether or not I leave Soldat. That isn't the point of this thread; if any of you people had brains, you'd be able to think past the melodrama and realize that I'm simply complaining about the bugs which interfere with the game.
2) Please, calling me a "noob?" On the internet, I rank this at about the most immature thing possible, reserved for 13 year olds and retards. Naming someone a "noob" is like calling someone a "nigger" over the phone; it's really stupid, and just doesn't [:-censored]ing matter, except in your own trite little minds where who's a "noob" and who isn't is actually important.

palloco
November 27, 2003, 8:06 pm
LOL
you are really a noob

R
November 27, 2003, 8:17 pm
quote:Why wouldn't you care about bugs? Have you actually played this game online? Ping isn't the game's fault, but those bugs exist because of lazy makers who can't fix them. My copy of Soldat hasn't worked for....hell TWO MONTHS! Always the same access violation. If it isn't access violation, then it's lag. If it isn't lag then it's n00bs. If it isn't n00bs then it's bugs. Good thing I didn't pay for this piece of ****

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok...

1.) there is only 1 maker and you're probably comparing this game to CS or UT, who have well over 20 developers fixing bugs and such.

2.) nobody said you have to play this game, and you are lucky it doesnt cost money to play

3.) you probably have been playing for quite a while judging on what you said in your post, and if u truly believe what you said in your post you wouldnt be playinhg anymore. so you basically contradict yourself by keeping on playing the game but sayin it sucks

4.) if you actually do hate soldat, then u probably never played it, joined the forums, read a few topics and just put in your post everything bad that was said and made it seem like you were a "cool" dude.

5.) If you're gunna act like how u just did, i suggest you leave the community with that belross guy or whatever, cause you're really not wanted here.

6.) like soldat or rot in hell ;)

To Belross:

1.) There have been many threads about bugs, if this was the reason in your post why did you name it "i'm boycotting soldat"? why didnt you just name it somethign along the lines of "Soldat has too many bugs". You purposely added the fact that you were leaving and your whining like a little girl.

2.) We already KNOW there are bugs in soldat you stupid moron. They have all been posted, all of them will be fixed in new version. and if you knew anything at all you would have known they would be fixed in next version. but NO, you thought that you'd be a "cool" guy and to impress people posted a thread bashing soldat and complaining about bugs that we already know about and will be fixing!

to both:

1.) both of you can take your sh!t attitudes and leave the forums/game forever.

2.) please.

i really dont like people who complain about a freeware game. The developer of the freeware game is getting nothing from u and is doing it for fun and giving you the enjoyment of playing his game for free. but no, u act selfish and complain that its too buggy and its horrible to play. He does not owe you fools anything, if anything at all YOU owe him.

FIN.

The Spot
November 27, 2003, 8:35 pm
LOL...holy crap people. Bugs or no bugs, ping or no ping, nothing will ever make the game more displeasing than stupid people with swollen egos and loose tongues.

that fuking sniper
November 27, 2003, 8:58 pm
Well you see guys, you are getting wrapped by the arguement of who has a legitimate right to post something here. Since the forum is here for people to post their opinions, I suggest that everyone who tries to tell them not to because "nobody cares" to STFU. Seriously, if you think nobody cares if he posts something, why should anyone care about you for the same reason? Are you better than him in some way because you consider yourself "not a noob"?

He has the right to complain here, the forum is made for the sole purpose of expressing an opinion. Although people should revise their posts if they have an inappropriate tone toward Michal to which they owe for playing the game *for free*.

What I'm saying is, guys-chill. He can post what he wants, but I think that him and most of the people who complain sound too inconsiderate of the time and work only 1 guy is investing into a game which is given out to them for free.

Here's an example for R: When Fabmanx quit, did you say the same thing to him? He quit because he also hated the lag and the bugs, but obviously you didnt say : "Well go away, noob, you arent wanted here". So its not really the people you know better that count, its the membership of the forum that gives the people who post here the right to post anything they want as long as it fits into the forum rules.

R
November 27, 2003, 9:24 pm
although, fabmanx didnt go to the forum and complain about the bugs and that he was leaving to everybody else.

frogboy
November 28, 2003, 5:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Belross
reserved for 13 year olds and retards.
Then what are you complaining about then?

eyic
November 28, 2003, 6:13 am
bleh, I hate it when people call 13 and under year old people retards :/

Spitzfiya
November 28, 2003, 6:17 am
Why fight?? were is the love??

frogboy
November 28, 2003, 7:18 am
You love n00bs?

Weed
November 28, 2003, 11:54 am
hmm
i think that besides Belross, TFS, and R all the rest are just spamming with stupid things like just go and leave. the point isnt that he is leaving, the point is WHY he is leaving, and truly, i dont think anyone here can say that the same things doesnt bother u at all. i know i get pissed at the bugs sometimes, but in the other hand u have this game, that has many players, (correct me if im wrong) 5000+ ppl are registered in the forums, lets say some left, 4000 players, and u have the biggest quantity of players that didnt register in the forums, so for a game made by one man, u cant call this crapp.
if u wanna say: "No. ill play UT its less laggy and has much less bugs" well than u aint thinking right, cuz think bout this:
UT is a game u need to buy (even tho most of u dled it) and its a game created by lots of ppl
Soldat was created by one man, which i dont think is much older than most of us here, and he keeps updating it and working on it.
so if u try to make a negative/positive thingy... u will get that the game has bugs, like any other.... and u also will see that lots of ppl play this game, and many others been playing for over a year, and some ppl complain, some others dont complain.

and btw, sorry for hurting ur eyes with my big ass post... its like a fart, sometimes u need to release it :D

?
November 29, 2003, 12:23 am
hey aren't when you boycott something your supose to stop using and /or participating with anything involved with the product?... well why are you still posting GUY!! be gone.

frogboy
November 29, 2003, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Ape from Africa
Have you actually played this game online?

Yes, I play it more than Halo, because I can actually get onto a server.

Meandor
November 29, 2003, 6:28 pm
No other offers?
Belross sold to TFS ( since he's so reasonable ) for 1$. Next one please.

systemfeind
November 29, 2003, 7:02 pm
quote:i still dont get why we would care if hes leaving soldat. -_-
AIGHT
but his reason for leaving is good
nevertheless i must repeat that u cant compare michal with blizzard, this are 2 different worlds
all we can do is wait for 1.2

Aapo Afrikka
November 30, 2003, 9:40 am
Oh don't get me wrong R, Soldat is probably my favourite game....or it WAS before people stopped caring about it. "You don't have to play go kill yourself" doesn't help anyone. You should know that if you really are so wise. The reason I'm so pissed is because these bugs haven't been fixed. All this talk about what new is going to be in 1.2 is completely pointless if fatal bugs are neglegted.

And yes, I created this account to complain about this bug. I'm so sorry that I didn't praise it as you would have liked.

juice _ box
November 30, 2003, 10:13 am
Oh look hes back to make post a comment.

When I left a little note to inform people that I was going to quit playing, I was ready to pack my [:-censored] and uninstall soldat, yet I also mentioned that I was staying on the forums for a bit untill my subscription to anarchy-online was registerd. In the process of all this I was getting replys on my thread like "stupid noob no one cares" or "just leave already from people who obviously just skimmed through my post not noticing "I'm going to stick around the forums for a while". You idiots need to get your [:-censored] strait, if some one mentions they are quitting on a forum the least you could do is say goodbye not "piss off newb you wont be missed".

koil
November 30, 2003, 10:42 am
juice, let them live in their internet lifes, they get to express their 'real' 'macho' 'feelings'.

we all know that if they were about to 'retire' from soldat, they will make a thread+change their nick in soldat to ' ~~~(nick goes here)~~~LEFT SOLDAT! give me attention! ' .

i can almost predict the next reply.. talking about 'if you so hate the forum/game , then why youre still here?'

to be continued ..

juice _ box
November 30, 2003, 1:01 pm
Verry true koil, I'm just gonna let them live up to their E-ego's :)

Weed
November 30, 2003, 3:56 pm
dont get me wrong
i dont care bout u not leaving
another idiot here doesnt metters at all
but just dont say: "im leaving in a week or so bla bla bla" cuz thats just a lie and u know it.

koil
November 30, 2003, 5:14 pm
weed, the human nature is build on attention.
if you look at it, ALL the 'heroes' (well, not just heroes tbh, ALL ppl) did something; that may (or may not) be their life's goal.

example:
ok weed, you came back from your trip yesterday.. what did you did when you logged in today? talked about your trip, said how much fun was it, etc.

you wanted attention. thats reasonble. you cant accuse human for just acting like he should be, and if you think you can (can = accuse him), then you might just start with yourself.

weather if he cries too much for attention, thats not your place to judge. (i know i'm contradicting my-past-self here, but thats reasonble).

btw, isnt it better, instead of flaming the 'attention whore'; and show him that you DO care (care enough for wasting 5mins to post), why not just ignore him?

Weed
December 1, 2003, 11:48 am
hey
im giving him something solid to hold (not my wong for all the strange ones out there)
i mean, he wants attention, im giving him attention, and i also show him how much i love him too.

and btw koil, most of the ppl out there didnt knew i was in a trip, and thats cuz i only told my friends and my clanmates, thats cuz i dont truly need attention from ppl i dunno.

but the quantity of attention required by each person varies on that person's personality.

so i seek for attention from my friends. some others seek for attention from a whole community, and most of the ppl in that community dont give a damm.

let me give ya an example:
u are planning to move away from ur city.
a normal person, tells his friends/family/work
someone that needs more attention will send a letter to the papers, or post big posters bout it all around his city.

my cards are on the table once again, show me yours, pocker face ;)

sqweek
December 4, 2003, 4:21 pm
Yes, I find the explosion bugs are really irritating. So many times I've been chasing the flag carrier, and then a nade explodes in front of me killing my momentum, except that nade didn't really exist at that position... I didn't take any damage, the only reason the explosion affected me was because of latency.
But really, the other option is to not do any movement resolution at the client, and do it all on the server. Which would create another set of problems...

Latency is not an issue that can be solved by a software developer(s). As long as there is significant latency on the internet, whatever "solution" used by a developer will have issues. I mean, anti-lag is nice, but it creates an inconsistency where in a barret standoff (ie, there's an object between them, and they've both stopped) between a 50-pinger and a 300-pinger, if the 300-pinger jumps to get a firing angle, they can kill the 50-pinger *before* they've had a chance to react, since the 50-pinger won't know for 350ms that the 300 pinger has jumped. Of course, the 50-pinger also won't know that the 300-pinger shot and killed him for 350ms, so he still has a chance to kill the 300-pinger. Anyway, my point is that it is impossible to entirely get rid of the effects of latency - as long as it exists there will be some problem differentiating the game from a proper-offline game vs bots. And the existance of latency is not Michal's fault.
The important thing to remember to make sense of what is going on is that you aren't seeing exactly what happens, you have a delay of (your ping)milliseconds. Though if you have real lag on (F4, on by default), bullets are compensated for, so they show up in their proper position for the most part. Also, on your screen your soldat is drawn ahead of where they really are. When you press right, you start moving immediately on your screen, but *on the server*, which is what really counts, you don't start moving for another (your ping)milliseconds.

In any case, soldat must be doing something right. It's practically the only (real-time action) online game which is playable on my modem ;)