( search forums )
Admins for dna's server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
November 27, 2003, 11:05 am
Can I have admins for dnagame's server? [:-eyebrows]

*cough* But seriously, I've been witnessing quite a few non-soldat-community people (hiss) ruin the game for most with jethacks and the occasional speed hack.

Fancy giving a few reliable players the ability to kick and ban 'em?

Hercule Poirot
November 27, 2003, 11:23 am
no not remote admins to you coz you would ban all those ppl who would kill you on barret

so it would could should be someone else or no one...

Chakra
November 27, 2003, 11:27 am
Pah. I wouldn't do that...but still, someone should watch over it. Even you luv... [;)]

Element_101
November 27, 2003, 12:15 pm
Plz dont call him love.. I dont want to have to throw up my dinner all over the key board! hehe

popseed
November 27, 2003, 12:44 pm
i should be made admin because i rule.

CbbLe
November 27, 2003, 1:51 pm
gimme admin...I practically live on DNA :)

koil
November 27, 2003, 1:53 pm
yay, now all the retards will post for being a admin @ the server.
gj chakra -.-'

CbbLe
November 27, 2003, 3:58 pm
"yay, now all the retards will post for being a admin @ the server.
gj chakra -.-'"

well, we need an admin since all the moronic ppl always goes afk without leaving the server.

Retribution
November 27, 2003, 3:59 pm
No one I would really want as admin has posted yet *cough*outcast,nightcabbage*cough*

LiL_FuKa
November 27, 2003, 4:01 pm
I think it's a good idea, as long as the remote admins can be trusted.

koil
November 27, 2003, 4:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe

well, we need an admin since all the moronic ppl always goes afk without leaving the server.

are you (and others) too lazy to vote kick them out?

oh and btw, the admin based on the ip right?

?
November 27, 2003, 4:50 pm
its not really easy to vote kick a guy, anyway yeah i do think the remote admin would be great

Spectral
November 27, 2003, 4:52 pm
i never see nightcabbage on dna...er does he use a different name?

and it sounds like a good idea, dunno who should get it though

n2j3
November 27, 2003, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil

oh and btw, the admin based on the ip right?

So far [i.e. up to and including 1.1.x] soldat can only store admin IPs and nothing but. Even when you add someone's nick it resolves its IP.. in the case you were thinking of nick takeovers etc.

On our topic now, i remember a similar post a few months ago which featured dna.styx's arguments on this.He seemed pretty determined not to admin anyone save the forum moderators and provided a reasonable justification for it... If someone could find it [the search functio n always times-out on me] please link to it. tata.

eyic
November 28, 2003, 5:21 am
Hey spectral, NightCabbage is aussie like me, we get really bad pings (350-400) I only go to dnagames a lil, and I lag a lot, which makes me kill a few people every round, the mai nreason i go to dnagames is to say hi to all these forum peoples =)

BMF
November 28, 2003, 7:13 am
DNA rocks except for Stat guns on kamph, because Tai from CIA screws the game for everybody

Chakra you would ban all the barret users lol

Chakra
November 28, 2003, 10:05 am
Yeah you're right, I would [:-drunk]

But still, amount of idlers and cheaters in there is getting all too common. All we be needing is a few mature(cough)community peeps trusted to not abuse their godly powers, and some way to twist 'styx's arm....or is that just a recipe for destruction...

Outcast
November 28, 2003, 10:13 am
I think only current moderators can be admins....since i asked and styx replied "sorry your not a moderator anymore" :/

Element_101
November 28, 2003, 11:20 am
I wish I could play on DNA but as eyic said us aussies get really bad

pings which is a bit of a bitch.. hopefully the netcoding in 1.2 will help

a little but I doubt it

frogboy
November 28, 2003, 11:25 am
I can get on for about 2 minutes, just keep less internet programs open. I get around 300 ping on there.

Element_101
November 28, 2003, 12:30 pm
Lol still very bad..