( search forums )
Sharper movements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
November 27, 2003, 5:38 pm
You're in a ctf and you and an enemy are pacing towards each other at top speed. As you come to meet, a common course of action to take is to shoot them sooner than they shoot you, while evading using your jetboots. Retreat is seldom an option.

Which is all well and good....no complaints from me. But would the game be any better for sharper turning while running? In the time it takes to turn around and run the opposite direction you've spent a good half a second ( [:O] ) being motionless and a easy target.

For the better? or fine as it is..

?
November 27, 2003, 5:46 pm
No i think its fine as it is.

Ivan0
November 27, 2003, 5:48 pm
the 'roll' move has to be modified, right now you have to be running to do a roll.
would be nice to do a double roll from a standing position

swanofnever
November 27, 2003, 6:29 pm
i think the sluggish/inerial movement is important to keep -- i remember when i started playing i had a hard time getting used to it, but now i've gotten used to it.. it's just a matter of working WITH your inertia instead of changing directions every 2 seconds...

my point: don't change it!

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:24 am
Fine as it is. Definately.

LiL_FuKa
November 28, 2003, 7:04 pm
I like that rolling from standing position idea.

3rd_account
November 29, 2003, 9:58 am
Yea, everyone can roll from a standing position, but not soldiers(?)

R
November 29, 2003, 10:02 am
its pretty easy to roll when your standing if you know how/where to do it. like on a slanted piece of land its pretty easy. but theres really no need to have a roll while standing thing, its really good as it is.