( search forums )
Spearheads!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Droopy
November 27, 2003, 7:52 pm
Oh yeah! Everyone likes WW2! Even you! But you just don't know it! O.K. so in WW2 Spearheads weren't used so much, but think about it. Imagine a Brand new map, good for rugers! With fireing ditches! A wawe of enemy Soldats(lol) is makeing it's moove to once again infiltrate (or capture the flag.. whatever) the base. U and your comerades are laying in one of those ditches, drinking vodka(haha). A scout runs in the ditch badly wounded, saying:" I need a medikit... I mean a gigantic wawe of enemys is attacking!" Then he is killed by a sniper! U put your rugers and AK's out of the ditch and fire! But the wawe is too strong!!! They're comeing closer.. closer.. Oh [:-censored]! Reload!! Damit! No time for waiting! U press the q key and kill the enemy thet has just jumped in the ditch! Die [:-censored]! The spearhead has just saved your life![:D]

Then u get killed by a sniper![xx(]

Read this! It's important and realy interesting!!

NightCabbage
November 28, 2003, 3:23 am
Sorry, I don't like WW2 :P

And that idea isn't too good either [lol]

ClanKwH
November 28, 2003, 4:26 pm
Yes it is its [:-censored]ing great :P but then the map should be a lot bigger! they are a little small maps in soldat

Droopy
November 28, 2003, 7:35 pm
Yeah! The knifes are cool but I miss spearheads and shootind ditches! I like to use terrain to my advantage in battle! Just yesterday I played a DM and me and someguy were fireing at each other so long we ran out of granades, were at 15% health and in the end he I won. He tiped:"This is boorin'! I'm already gone!" And we were both behind branches! Terrain does help! And if you know how to use it, you'll see that sometimes u need a SPEARHEAD!!!

R0L4ND
November 28, 2003, 8:03 pm
Last time i checked, it was called trenches.

Droopy
November 28, 2003, 8:47 pm
Trenches?

What?

3rd_account
November 28, 2003, 10:02 pm
Trenches? Spearheads?
Was is das?

peemonkey
November 29, 2003, 5:29 am
yea...what do you mean by "spearheads"? maybe then you could get more input

Droopy
November 29, 2003, 6:21 pm
You know! The knife looking thingy in the end of the rifle! I think it is called a spearhead. Wait.. Yes its called spearhead alright! I remembered it from the Medal of Honour's expansion set Spearhead!

Essentle
November 29, 2003, 6:55 pm
[:-bigeyes]

peemonkey
November 29, 2003, 6:57 pm
you mean a bayonet? ok...that makes sense....but....you got a knife! and a friggin chainsaw for chist's sake! you dont need a bayonet. how about using the long forgotten SKILL?!? nobody uses THAT anymore!

NightCabbage
November 30, 2003, 2:35 am
I agree with Essentle

lol

Droopy
November 30, 2003, 3:34 pm
Dont you get it you can throw knife, but you can't throw.. bayonets. And if you have a bayonet on youre rifle, Any enemy who runs by you, would get killed! Or lets say hurt, for the lack of spawnkilling! This means, that you would just lay down somewhere, stick your barret out and fire! And when someone comes to close, the bayonet(whatever) does its stuff! And then you get shot by a sniper! LOL

By the way, what the hell is a trench?!

R0L4ND
November 30, 2003, 3:54 pm
TRENCH - Pronounciation key (tr?nch)

A deep furrow or ditch.
A long narrow ditch embanked with its own soil and used for concealment and protection in warfare.
A long, steep-sided valley on the ocean floor.

Droopy
November 30, 2003, 4:10 pm
Same as fireing ditch! Bah! I didnt know how to call it, so I checked the dictionary and there it was! Ditch! Then I just combined it with fire, as shoot!

R0L4ND
November 30, 2003, 4:19 pm
Why open a can with your teeth when you can use a can-opener instead? (The correct way to do/explain things was the moral of that story.)

EDIT: Its spelled "FIRING ditch" if you insist on using that term.

peemonkey
November 30, 2003, 6:52 pm
you dont need one though....you just stand there and you enemy dies? refer to my other post! if someone comes at you, just whip out yer knife and stab them! soldat isnt really meant for trench warfare anyway, seeing as how it's 2D.
100% NO

?
November 30, 2003, 7:20 pm
yeah this is a horrible idea, trench warfar like "pee" said, cannot work in a 2d game, and bayonets jsut suck anyway

Droopy
November 30, 2003, 7:52 pm
Whatever! But hey! I would like that if you jump behind a trench, you wouldnt get hurt by a nade! I hate it when a nade explodes near me, Im hid behind a trench of some sort and I still get hurt! This would be useful! And I just realised that the bayonet idea isn't very good! So I'll just.. I'll just.. ... ... ... ..Whatever! Can't think of anything right now!

Dathker
November 30, 2003, 7:53 pm
yea it would be cool with the bayonete but it would be too hard to you throw as the thrust button...just make it automattic when you press the fire button..so that if you are reloading then it trusts

ClanKwH
November 30, 2003, 8:04 pm
Oh come on its a cool suggestion lots of people nowadays uses it on Ak and a knife aint that long :P

Droopy
December 1, 2003, 6:43 pm
I'd like it as a bonus! Is anyithing wrong with it? It's a wery wery small thingy and I think it wouldnt be too mutch trouble. You would just pick it as a secondary! Or you could just place the knife on the end of your rifle, and make room for another secondary. Something!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 3, 2003, 4:47 am
i agree with Droopy, this could work:

First of all, if it only works on reload, then you can just push the reload button to defend yourself.

Second of all, trench warfare WOULD work on soldat, just use realistic mode.

Third of all, make it a secondary weapon, and hurt about 1/2 hp for each .5 second next to the bayonet while the person is reloading.

It could work, i would love to play trench warfare, good idea Droopy!

Droopy
December 3, 2003, 6:38 pm
Well! I'm happy someone likes this idea. But what do you mean 5 second next to the bayonet while the person is reloading?

Maybe there should ba a whole new WW2 game mod caled... em.. em.. World war 2!!! Yeah! Thats it! But forget what i just said.

And I want big maps with trenches and more stationary warfare! Like two teams in inf would fight on a same front till the end of the game! But I don't think thats possible, since some players are too good and could easily kill even 3 enemy's at once!

Chakra
December 3, 2003, 6:45 pm
I must say, I like the idea of explosives not hurting you if you're in a bunker...or behind those sandbags, rocks, or some other ducking-behind-device. Grenades kinda make sandbags near useless...

Droopy
December 3, 2003, 7:19 pm
Yeah! But the sandbags would be destroyed when a nade hits them! And the effect would be sandbags flying trough the air and hitting everything that flyes!