( search forums )
problem with graphics
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
dan_chavez88
November 29, 2003, 2:36 am
Hi.

I installed soldat on a friend's computer but the graphics are not working well.
When im playing i can't see the gun im carrying. When i get damaged i can't see my health bar. When i start flying my flying bar dissapears.
My reload bar is not there. And some scenery has no sense. Like incomplete trees and no grass where it should be some. And some more things with the grpahics.
How can I fix this?

Thanks

frogboy
November 29, 2003, 2:43 am
Get your friend to update their graphics drivers and DirectX to the latest version (DirectX 9.0b). If that wont work, try selecting "Video Compatibility" and/or "ATI fix" in the "More" tab in Soldat Setup.

Essentle
November 29, 2003, 5:27 am
Hmm.. strange.. Have u tryed to uninstall soldat and then reinstall? Maybe it would help.. [:-bigeyes]

systemfeind
November 29, 2003, 3:09 pm
hmm try reinstall the gfx folders in ur soldat folder
first time i heard such a problem

which screen resolution and which graphic settings do u use in soldat?

dan_chavez88
November 30, 2003, 4:00 am
it's not my computer that has the problem
it's a friend computer.
He has an 8 mb card. (that sucks)
The configuration is set to default.
He has the latest directx (9.0b)
I've already tried reinstalling the game. Unfortunatedly, that didn's work.
Any help????
thanks

palloco
December 2, 2003, 7:58 am
If frogboy suggestion does not work, neither upgrading drivers work, then it is probably a problem of the graphic card

guthalak
December 7, 2003, 7:11 pm
I also have this problem. I have an S3 Graphics ProSavage 16MB graphics card. It seems to happen on any setting (I think I tried almost every combination). On the intro, I get SO DA . And on the weapon select menu, it is translucent rather than fully black. I get the same symptoms as described ^^above^^ also. I'm currently downloading DirectX 9.0b, I will post what happens when I try it out. I got the latest drivers from the S3 website also. I tried reinstalling a few times, and the very same install file was used on another computer in my home and it worked fine on that one. Maybe some graphics cards just don't work, hopefully this will be fixed in the next version.